|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most important rule Richard Daley learned from Joe McDonough?
(a) Don't call us, we'll call you.
(b) Don't get caught.
(c) Keep a stiff upper lip.
(d) Don't look back, something may be gaining on you.
2. Why did Richard Daley earn a nickname while he was using public funding for various public works projects?
(a) He was behind massive urban renewal developments in poor minority areas of Chicago.
(b) He improved the downtown and lake front areas and upgraded O'Hare from a military airport to one of the nation's state of the art commercial airports.
(c) The country witnessed his tough political tactics first hand.
(d) He took personal risk in supporting Adalai Stevenson's nomination for a second run against President Eisenhower.
3. What police action against a public gathering became a precursor to the Democratic National Convention?
(a) Dr. King's assassination caused discontent within African-American delegations to the Convention.
(b) McCarthy's antiwar supporters pledged to disrupt the convention if McCarthy was not nominated.
(c) Peace marchers ignored police orders to disperse and were beaten, maced, and arrested.
(d) Supporters of Senator Kennedy refused to pledge their support to any other candidate.
4. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
5. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Richard Daley's initial urban renewal effort accepted by those who who used the areas?
2. What finally forced Richard Daley to hear the demands of Martin Luther King?
3. Who was the president who appointed Abraham Marovitz and what year was it done?
4. How did the attention news agencies gave to the April event set up what eventually occurred at the 1968 Democratic National Convention?
5. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)