|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
2. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
(a) Amusing, friendly, and relaxing.
(b) Rapid, pointed, and evasive.
(c) Smooth, soothing, and inspiring.
(d) Coarse, blunt, and direct.
3. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His chief of staff.
(c) The press.
(d) The Chief of Police.
4. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
(a) German-Lutheran on the Northwest corner of Chicago.
(b) Irish-Catholic on the South-side of Chicago.
(c) French-Catholic on the shores of Lake Michigan.
(d) Slavic-Orthodox on the Southest corner of Chicago.
5. What is the topic for Chapter IV?
(a) Nepotism and Chicago politics.
(b) Operations of the Cook County Democratic Machine.
(c) Organized Crime and Chicago Politics.
(d) Labor Unions and Chicago Politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the attention news agencies gave to the April event set up what eventually occurred at the 1968 Democratic National Convention?
2. In what year did Richard Daley die?
3. What would ward committeemen do if they could not win election to an additional public office?
4. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
5. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)