|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
(b) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
(c) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(d) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
2. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
(b) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(c) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(d) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
3. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
(b) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
(c) Chicago City Hall.
(d) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
4. What became the most consuming controversy during Richard Daley's first two terms as mayor?
(a) Ward committeemen turning in doctored election returns.
(b) Corruption in the police department.
(c) City planners using their positions to profit from real estate development.
(d) Segregation throughout the city's ethnic neighbor hoods.
5. What were the results of the election leading to Richard Daley's fourth term?
(a) His opponent died in a mysterious auto accident two days before the election.
(b) Daley was forced to dispatch more street repair projects than he ever had.
(c) Daley won a narrow victory.
(d) Daley won with 73 percent of the vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
2. What was Richard Daley's family background?
3. What was the result of an effort to prove that Richard Daley's neighbors were intolerant of segregating neighborhoods based on color?
4. When Joe McDonough was elected to County Treasurer, what happened to Richard Daley?
5. Who was the Republican candidate opposing Richard Daley in the 1955 Chicago mayoral election?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)