|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's response after a commission recommended that the police should treat blacks the same as whites?
(a) He increased abuse against everybody.
(b) He ignored the recommendations and increased the use of force.
(c) He relented and began promoting a, "kinder and gentler," police force.
(d) He assigned another commission under his control that recommended he keep his policies in place.
2. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
(b) A wife and three sons.
(c) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
(d) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
3. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(a) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a day.
4. Who was the president who appointed Abraham Marovitz and what year was it done?
(a) John F. Kennedy, 1961.
(b) Lyndon Baines Johnson, 1967.
(c) Harry S. Truman, 1952.
(d) John F. Kennedy, 1963.
5. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
2. How large and what was the make up of the security detail for the 1968 Democratic National convention?
3. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
4. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
5. In earlier times how did ward committeemen win influence over immigrants?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)