|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) His friends being caught in corruption.
(b) Anti-war protestors.
(d) Public displays of immorality.
2. Who was the Democrat official who became a rival to Daley in his climb to the chairmanship of the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Clarence Wager.
(b) Paul Douglas.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) Benjamin Adamowski.
3. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Harry S. Truman.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
4. Why did Richard Daley earn a nickname while he was using public funding for various public works projects?
(a) The country witnessed his tough political tactics first hand.
(b) He was behind massive urban renewal developments in poor minority areas of Chicago.
(c) He took personal risk in supporting Adalai Stevenson's nomination for a second run against President Eisenhower.
(d) He improved the downtown and lake front areas and upgraded O'Hare from a military airport to one of the nation's state of the art commercial airports.
5. How long was Richard Daley on the city payroll?
(a) Sporadically over five decades.
(b) At least the next 48 years.
(c) 23 years as mayor.
(d) 53 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
2. Who was the president who appointed Abraham Marovitz and what year was it done?
3. Who was the last elected Chicago Mayor before Richard Daley?
4. How did ward committeemen use their influence to encourage participation in elections?
5. What did Richard Daley provide these organizations to maintain their support?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)