|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Tribune.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Chicago Sun-Times.
(d) Chicago Herald.
2. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
(a) Author and television commentator with several Chicago television stations.
(b) First baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
(c) Author and city official in Chicago.
(d) Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
3. What is the topic for Chapter IV?
(a) Operations of the Cook County Democratic Machine.
(b) Organized Crime and Chicago Politics.
(c) Labor Unions and Chicago Politics.
(d) Nepotism and Chicago politics.
4. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
(b) Bugs Moran.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) John Dillinger.
5. Who was the Democrat official who became a rival to Daley in his climb to the chairmanship of the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Clarence Wager.
(b) Adlai Stevenson.
(c) Paul Douglas.
(d) Benjamin Adamowski.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Daley able to accomplish with the additional funding that the Republican Governor of Illinois granted to Chicago in 1956?
2. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
3. What are two titles given to ward committeemen?
4. What happened to segregation opponents who showed up at Richard Daley's house?
5. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)