|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) On his way to the speech.
(b) Over dinners with his wife.
(c) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(d) During weekends when he did not work.
2. What talent of Richard Daley's earned him praise from Democrats around the country?
(a) His ability to turn out votes.
(b) His knack for organizing meetings.
(c) His ability to smear Republican opponents.
(d) His ability to deliver stirring speeches.
3. What event led to the biggest scandal of Richard Daley's second term as mayor?
(a) The Attorney General of Illinois investigated and took steps to take control of the Real Estate Division of the City of Chicago.
(b) A former ward committeeman went public with how precincts would routinely, "Vote the graveyard."
(c) A burglar was arrested.
(d) Three civil rights activists were found beaten to death and buried at a construction site outside of Chicago.
4. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) George Washington.
(c) A kindly father figure.
(d) The City of Chicago.
5. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) Duh Mare.
(b) The Big Guy.
(c) The Man on the Fifth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did segregation aid the Democratic political machine in Chicago?
2. Who did Richard Daley help to get nominated for the 1956 Democratic candidate for president?
3. What was among the promises that Daley made during the campaign?
4. What is the topic for Chapter IV?
5. When did racial conflicts begin to become public in Chicago?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)