|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the last elected Chicago Mayor before Richard Daley?
(a) Dan Rostenkowski.
(b) Robert Merriam.
(c) Martin Kennelly.
(d) Vito Marzullo.
2. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Twice a week.
3. Why did Richard Daley make the unusual move?
(a) He knew he would be spending long hours at work and wanted to cut down the time he was away from his family.
(b) Many people in the previous administration did not trust Daley and thought him paranoid.
(c) He wanted to show everyone that the Democrat Machine was going to tighten its control over Chicago.
(d) A new chairman might do what he did--replace Daley with himself.
4. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
(a) The press.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His chief of staff.
(d) The Chief of Police.
5. What event led to the biggest scandal of Richard Daley's second term as mayor?
(a) Three civil rights activists were found beaten to death and buried at a construction site outside of Chicago.
(b) A former ward committeeman went public with how precincts would routinely, "Vote the graveyard."
(c) A burglar was arrested.
(d) The Attorney General of Illinois investigated and took steps to take control of the Real Estate Division of the City of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
2. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
3. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
4. With whom did Richard Daley become most upset during the time of growing racial conflict?
5. What 1960 police department scandal caused great embarrassment for Richard Daley?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)