|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(b) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
(c) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(d) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
2. Why did some members of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee believe that Richard Daley was not suited for the position of Chairman?
(a) Some saw him as too liberal.
(b) He was thought to be indecisive.
(c) He was too conservative.
(d) His professional background was considered to be to controversial.
3. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) No one.
(c) The Governor of Illinois.
(d) The Mayor of Chicago.
4. What was Richard Daley's initial response to the 1960 police department scandal?
(a) He stonewalled all investigations.
(b) He made public attacks against people investigating the charges.
(c) He sequestered himself in his home out of shame.
(d) He began drinking heavily.
5. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
(a) Show courtesy to women and children.
(b) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(c) Stay in their own neighborhood with their own kind.
(d) Wear safety helmets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
2. What is the relationship between the precinct captain and the ward committeeman in the Cook County Democratic Party?
3. What was among the influences for which Vito Marzullo was well known?
4. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
5. What was Richard Daley's unusual moral code?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)