|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
(b) Bugs Moran.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) John Dillinger.
2. What were the campaign issues pressed by the Republican candidate in the 1955 Chicago mayoral election?
(a) Corruption in the Police Department and the Democratic Machine.
(b) Equal rights and desegregation.
(c) Inconsistent garbage removal and government waste.
(d) School funding and violent crime.
3. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) The Man on the Fifth.
(c) Duh Mare.
(d) The Big Guy.
4. Who did Richard Daley help to get nominated for the 1956 Democratic candidate for president?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
5. How did Richard Daley's talent affect the 1948 election?
(a) His ability to turn out votes helped Harry Truman win the presidential election.
(b) He was able to organize campaign ralleys that helped Harry Truman win the presidential election.
(c) He developed campaign ads that made people believe that Thomas Dewey was planning to desegregate Chicago.
(d) He knew how to use his office to raise funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Richard Daley become most upset during the time of growing racial conflict?
2. What did Richard Daley receive when he finally became Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Party?
3. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
4. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
5. In what year did Richard Daley earn a position in the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)