|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
(a) Welding a pipefitting for plumbers.
(b) Typing and shorthand for a secretarial position.
(c) Smelting and extruding for iron workers.
(d) Jabbing and dodging for boxers.
2. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
(a) Law enforcement agencies.
(b) Bowling leagues.
(c) Public schools.
(d) Labor unions.
3. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
(b) Chicago City Hall.
(c) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
(d) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
4. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(b) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
(c) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(d) Ignore their presence on the list.
5. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(b) Duh Mare.
(c) The Man on the Fifth.
(d) The Big Guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of Richard Daley's first achievements as mayor?
2. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
3. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
4. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
5. Daley did not personally attack his opponent, but what was one of the things the Democratic Machine did during the election?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)