|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was among the promises that Daley made during the campaign?
(a) He promised that crime would be ended in Chicago.
(b) He promised a chicken in every pot.
(c) He promised the sun will shine on all neighborhoods of Chicago, not just State Street.
(d) He promised jobs for everyone who wanted one.
2. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
(a) German-Lutheran on the Northwest corner of Chicago.
(b) Irish-Catholic on the South-side of Chicago.
(c) Slavic-Orthodox on the Southest corner of Chicago.
(d) French-Catholic on the shores of Lake Michigan.
3. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Chicago Herald.
(c) Chicago Sun-Times.
(d) Chicago Tribune.
4. What happened to Richard Daley's chief opponent for Cook County Democratic Chairman shortly before the election?
(a) He mysteriously disappeared.
(b) He died in an auto accident.
(c) He withdrew because of health reasons.
(d) He died of a heart attack.
5. What was among the influences for which Vito Marzullo was well known?
(a) Selecting judges.
(b) "Voting the graveyard."
(c) Eliminated political enemies.
(d) Finding new political talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
2. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
3. What are two titles given to ward committeemen?
4. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
5. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)