|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
2. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
(b) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
(c) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(d) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
3. What was one of the issues that members of the Democratic Central Committee used to oppose Richard Daley during his campaign to become Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Richard Daley wanted to limit the influence of the Federal Government.
(b) Richard Daley was too liberal and too connected to new Democrats.
(c) Richard Daley favored immigration control.
(d) Richard Daley wanted to crack down harder on crime.
4. In what year did Richard Daley die?
5. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
2. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
3. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
4. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
5. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)