|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
(c) Bugs Moran.
(d) John Dillinger.
2. What was the first unusual decision that Richard Daley made after he was elected mayor?
(a) He had the door removed from his office to represent he would have an open administration.
(b) He maintained the chairmanship of the party while serving as mayor.
(c) He moved the mayor's office to the Chicago Democrat headquarters.
(d) He moved to a home next door to City Hall.
3. Who was the Republican candidate opposing Richard Daley in the 1955 Chicago mayoral election?
(a) Vito Marzullo.
(b) Dan Rostenkowski.
(c) Alderman Robert Merriam.
(d) Martin Kennelly.
4. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
(a) He would take sides and use his power to crush his opponents.
(b) He would call a truce and negotiate between the warring factions.
(c) He would ignore it had let it take its course.
(d) He'd sit in the middle of it all and and look as happy as a kid at a birthday party.
5. What did Richard Daley receive when he finally became Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Party?
(a) Direct access to politicians from around the country.
(b) Control over his own political machine.
(c) Access to funds from the National Democratic Party to use at his whims.
(d) Police protection for him and his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic for Chapter IV?
2. How long was Richard Daley on the city payroll?
3. Who was the president who appointed Abraham Marovitz and what year was it done?
4. What was the most important rule Richard Daley learned from Joe McDonough?
5. What was the label that was given to those who had similar views to Richard Daley in the Cook County Democratic Party?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)