|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
(b) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(c) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(d) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
2. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
3. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
(b) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(c) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
(d) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
4. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
(a) He frequently attended weddings and gave away the bride.
(b) He was like many fathers who worked long hours and said what he meant.
(c) He liked sitting in a rocker during public meetings.
(d) He looked old and bald like a father.
5. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(a) Outsiders to Chicago.
(c) Illinois governors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard Daley make the unusual move?
2. What did Richard Daley present himself as in his first campaign for Mayor?
3. What nickname did Richard Daley earn while national attention was focused on Chicago?
4. What did Richard Daley provide these organizations to maintain their support?
5. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)