|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
(a) With a police review of his enemies activities.
(b) With a cup of cofee and a blintz.
(c) With a ride in his limo.
(d) With a kiss from his wife.
2. What would happen to ward committeemen if they did not deliver votes on election day?
(a) He would end up, "sleeping with the fishes."
(b) The Democratic Party poured more campaign funds in his area for the next election.
(c) Their precinct lost funding for projects he requested.
(d) They lost their position with the Cook County Democratic Central Committee.
3. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
(a) Chicago police officers.
(b) Roman Catholic statuary.
(c) A spacious lawn.
4. What nickname did Richard Daley earn while national attention was focused on Chicago?
(a) "Richard the lionhearted."
(b) "Dick the bruiser."
(c) "Dick the builder."
(d) "Daley the developer."
5. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(b) Over dinners with his wife.
(c) During weekends when he did not work.
(d) On his way to the speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
2. What happened when the incumbent mayor before Richard Daley made his appeal before the Cook County Central Committee that was chaired by Daley?
3. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
4. In what year was Richard Daley born?
5. What are patronage jobs?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)