|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's unusual moral code?
(a) I don't care what you do as long as I don't catch you doing it.
(b) Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Democrat.
(c) Do as I say, not as I do.
(d) Thou shalt not steal but though shalt not blow the whistle on anybody who does.
2. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
(b) A wife and three sons.
(c) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
(d) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
3. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) His friends being caught in corruption.
(b) Anti-war protestors.
(c) Public displays of immorality.
4. Who did Richard Daley help to get nominated for the 1956 Democratic candidate for president?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
5. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
(b) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
(c) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
(d) Chicago City Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Richard Daley earn while national attention was focused on Chicago?
2. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
3. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
4. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
5. How long was Richard Daley on the city payroll?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)