|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Richard Daley able to accomplish with the additional funding that the Republican Governor of Illinois granted to Chicago in 1956?
(a) Show the parents of school children that he wanted to improve education.
(b) Show the voters who could not afford a car that he would help them get to work.
(c) Show decision makers in Washington that he could support their plans.
(d) Begin new construction and present tangible proof to the voters that he is wasting no time in improving the city.
2. What was the label that was given to those who had similar views to Richard Daley in the Cook County Democratic Party?
(a) The Neophytes.
(b) The Liberals.
(c) Young Thugs.
(d) New Democrats.
3. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
(b) Ignore their presence on the list.
(c) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(d) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
4. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
5. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
(a) He started doing business with Joe Kennedy.
(b) He began working with a young politician named Adalai Stevenson.
(c) He served as liaison between Al Capone and his syndicate while he was in prison.
(d) He began dating his future wife, Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major political event was guided by Richard Daley's leadership in 1956?
2. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
3. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
4. What was the first unusual decision that Richard Daley made after he was elected mayor?
5. What is the topic of Chapter I?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)