|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What public office traditionally rose through the Chicago Democratic political system?
(a) U.S. Senator.
(b) City Manager.
(d) Chief of Police.
2. How were many of the precinct committee positions earned through the years?
(a) Through hard work or devotion.
(b) Through winning public support for a cause or virtue.
(c) Through family connections or nepotism.
(d) Through paying for favors or graft.
3. In what year did Richard Daley die?
4. Who was the Republican candidate opposing Richard Daley in the 1955 Chicago mayoral election?
(a) Alderman Robert Merriam.
(b) Dan Rostenkowski.
(c) Vito Marzullo.
(d) Martin Kennelly.
5. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
2. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
3. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
4. How did ward committeemen use their influence to encourage participation in elections?
5. What are two titles given to ward committeemen?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)