|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
(a) McDonough spent much time at race tracks allowing Daley fill the responsibilities of McDonough's office.
(b) McDonough was a widely reputed alcoholic so Daley's departure was considered wise.
(c) McDonough enjoyed deep sea diving and left the office frequently to Daley's care.
(d) McDonough was a philanderer so Daley began to sow the seeds of McDonugh's humiliation.
2. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
(a) Bowling leagues.
(b) Labor unions.
(c) Public schools.
(d) Law enforcement agencies.
3. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Richard Daley's daily routine.
(b) Richard Daley's political growth.
(c) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
(d) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
4. How long was Richard Daley on the city payroll?
(a) Sporadically over five decades.
(b) 23 years as mayor.
(c) At least the next 48 years.
(d) 53 years.
5. Who was among the more famous ward committeemen from the South Side of Chicago?
(a) Adalai Stevenson.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) Vito Marzullo.
(d) Abraham Marovitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the campaign issues pressed by the Republican candidate in the 1955 Chicago mayoral election?
2. What would happen to ward committeemen if they did not deliver votes on election day?
3. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
4. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
5. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)