|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Richard Daley help to get nominated for the 1956 Democratic candidate for president?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Adalai Stevenson.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Harry Truman.
2. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
(a) Each neighborhood was able to earn federal funds to support racial minorities.
(b) Each neighborhood had a core of entreprenuers who created jobs.
(c) Each neighborhood had industrial plants to employ local residents.
(d) Each neighborhood had a connection with organized crime and rum runners.
3. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) Polish laborer.
(b) Irish Catholic.
(c) British gentry.
(d) German farm stock.
4. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The Mayor of Chicago.
(c) No one.
(d) The Governor of Illinois.
5. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard Daley became connected with a judge named Abraham Lincoln Marovitz. How did they meet?
2. How did ward committeemen use their influence to encourage participation in elections?
3. Daley did not personally attack his opponent, but what was one of the things the Democratic Machine did during the election?
4. When was the Introduction written?
5. What are two titles given to ward committeemen?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)