|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Richard Daley's first achievements as mayor?
(a) He got federal funds to make Chicago streets part of the Interstate Highway system.
(b) He won additional funds for Chicago public schools.
(c) He established a new affordable bus service to enhance mass transit.
(d) He sought and received increased tax revenue through the Republican Governor of Illinois.
2. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Harry S. Truman.
(c) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
3. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) Bugs Moran.
(b) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) John Dillinger.
4. Why did Richard Daley make the unusual move?
(a) He wanted to show everyone that the Democrat Machine was going to tighten its control over Chicago.
(b) He knew he would be spending long hours at work and wanted to cut down the time he was away from his family.
(c) Many people in the previous administration did not trust Daley and thought him paranoid.
(d) A new chairman might do what he did--replace Daley with himself.
5. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(b) Anti-war protestors.
(c) His friends being caught in corruption.
(d) Public displays of immorality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's family background?
2. In what year did Richard Daley earn a position in the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
3. What was the label that was given to those who had similar views to Richard Daley in the Cook County Democratic Party?
4. What is the topic for Chapter IV?
5. What is the topic for Chapter II?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)