|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most important rule Richard Daley learned from Joe McDonough?
(a) Don't look back, something may be gaining on you.
(b) Keep a stiff upper lip.
(c) Don't call us, we'll call you.
(d) Don't get caught.
2. Why did some members of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee believe that Richard Daley was not suited for the position of Chairman?
(a) He was thought to be indecisive.
(b) He was too conservative.
(c) Some saw him as too liberal.
(d) His professional background was considered to be to controversial.
3. In his earlier years as Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley walked down Michigan Avenue to greet people. Why did he stop the practice?
(a) The neighborhood became run-down and embarrassing.
(b) The walk in the early morning air was hard on his declining health.
(c) He moved to a new, spacious house which made a trip to Michigan for a walk impractical.
(d) People who protested his power were a potential threat to his safety.
4. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
(a) Rapid, pointed, and evasive.
(b) Coarse, blunt, and direct.
(c) Smooth, soothing, and inspiring.
(d) Amusing, friendly, and relaxing.
5. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
(b) In the public library.
(c) Near Comisky Park.
(d) Across the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
2. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
3. Where did the Introduction first appear?
4. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
5. What made the Cook County Democratic Central Committee so powerful?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)