|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
(a) Thurgood Marshall.
(b) William Kunstler.
(c) Johnny Cochran.
(d) F. Lee Baily.
2. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
(a) He served as Democrat Party Chairman.
(b) He wanted to check what the marching orders were from the Party regulars.
(c) He needed the Party's help for his next election campaign.
(d) He owed the party his political allegiance.
3. Who did Richard Daley help to get nominated for the 1956 Democratic candidate for president?
(a) Harry Truman.
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
4. In what year did Richard Daley earn a position in the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
5. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(b) Kennedy International.
(c) The Chicago Airstrip.
(d) The Airfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to ward committeemen if they did not deliver votes on election day?
2. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
3. What major political event was guided by Richard Daley's leadership in 1956?
4. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
5. How many patronage jobs did Vito Marzullo have for his precinct?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)