|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) Over dinners with his wife.
(b) On his way to the speech.
(c) During weekends when he did not work.
(d) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
2. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(a) The Chicago Airstrip.
(b) Kennedy International.
(d) The Airfield.
3. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
(a) Athletes, celebrities, the wealthy and oil sheiks.
(b) Croney's, lobbyists, politicians and presidents.
(c) Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
(d) Former teachers, businessmen, mothers and veterans.
4. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(a) Illinois governors.
(b) Outsiders to Chicago.
5. What happened to Richard Daley's chief opponent for Cook County Democratic Chairman shortly before the election?
(a) He died of a heart attack.
(b) He withdrew because of health reasons.
(c) He died in an auto accident.
(d) He mysteriously disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
2. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
3. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
4. What were the qualifications that a ward committeeman had to prove to get appointed to the head of a city department?
5. What was the result to Richard Daley from the unusual circumstance of Clarence Wagner dropping out of the contest for Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)