|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
(a) He abused power for their benefit.
(b) They knew if they were patient they would get theirs.
(c) They were accustomed to czars, kings, and emperors using power like a club.
(d) They would get their kick-back.
2. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
3. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) The Big Guy.
(b) Duh Mare.
(d) The Man on the Fifth.
4. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(b) Illinois governors.
(d) Outsiders to Chicago.
5. What talent of Richard Daley's earned him praise from Democrats around the country?
(a) His ability to smear Republican opponents.
(b) His ability to turn out votes.
(c) His ability to deliver stirring speeches.
(d) His knack for organizing meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Chicago race riot of 1919 an important event in Richard Daley's history?
2. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
3. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
4. What is the topic of Chapter I?
5. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)