|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
(a) Jabbing and dodging for boxers.
(b) Welding a pipefitting for plumbers.
(c) Typing and shorthand for a secretarial position.
(d) Smelting and extruding for iron workers.
2. What is the topic for Chapter II?
(a) Richard Daley comes of age.
(b) Chicago and organized crime.
(c) Richard Daley's rough life.
(d) Chicago models apartied.
3. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) On his way to the speech.
(b) During weekends when he did not work.
(c) Over dinners with his wife.
(d) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
4. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
(a) Johnny Cochran.
(b) Thurgood Marshall.
(c) F. Lee Baily.
(d) William Kunstler.
5. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Ignore their presence on the list.
(b) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(c) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(d) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are patronage jobs?
2. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
3. When was the Introduction written?
4. What is the relationship between the precinct captain and the ward committeeman in the Cook County Democratic Party?
5. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)