|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic for Chapter II?
(a) Richard Daley comes of age.
(b) Chicago and organized crime.
(c) Chicago models apartied.
(d) Richard Daley's rough life.
2. Who was among the more famous ward committeemen from the South Side of Chicago?
(a) Vito Marzullo.
(b) Abraham Marovitz.
(c) Adalai Stevenson.
(d) Al Capone.
3. When Joe McDonough was elected to County Treasurer, what happened to Richard Daley?
(a) Daley was left in Chicago City Hall where he eventually became a rival to McDonough.
(b) Daley decided to set his own course and run for state senate.
(c) McDonough kept Daley in his office as an aide.
(d) The two split and Daley continued to pursue his career in City Hall.
4. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
(a) Law enforcement agencies.
(b) Bowling leagues.
(c) Labor unions.
(d) Public schools.
5. How were patronage jobs issued in Chicago?
(a) Applications were taken and candidates went through a stringent interview process.
(b) They were distributed to ward committeemen who delivered the highest voter turnout.
(c) They were bid upon by qualified candidates.
(d) The mayor gave them to the precinct where he had the most friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard Daley became connected with a judge named Abraham Lincoln Marovitz. How did they meet?
2. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
3. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
4. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
5. Richard Daley had a role in getting Abraham Marovitz appointed to what position?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)