|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) His friends being caught in corruption.
(b) Public displays of immorality.
(d) Anti-war protestors.
2. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Tribune.
(b) Chicago Sun-Times.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Chicago Herald.
3. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
4. What was the result to Richard Daley from the unusual circumstance of Clarence Wagner dropping out of the contest for Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Richard Daley became Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Party.
(b) Daley was seen as an uncouth opportunist who took advantage of the misfortunes of his political opponenets.
(c) Daley was both feared and respected by the hard fighting politicians in Chicago.
(d) Richard Daley was suspected of being corrupt and unworthy of trust for several years.
5. What did Richard Daley do through the evenings of the 1920's after he was finished with his day job with the City?
(a) He tended bar for several illegal speakeasies.
(b) He wrote campaign speeches for Democrat dignitaries.
(c) He drove a truck delivering coal to factories.
(d) He attended DePaul Law School.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Richard Daley on the city payroll?
2. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
3. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
4. What are patronage jobs?
5. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)