|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Twice a week.
2. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
(a) The Chief of Police.
(b) His secretary.
(c) The press.
(d) His chief of staff.
3. What was Richard Daley's unusual moral code?
(a) Do as I say, not as I do.
(b) Thou shalt not steal but though shalt not blow the whistle on anybody who does.
(c) Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Democrat.
(d) I don't care what you do as long as I don't catch you doing it.
4. What was one of the issues that members of the Democratic Central Committee used to oppose Richard Daley during his campaign to become Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Richard Daley favored immigration control.
(b) Richard Daley wanted to limit the influence of the Federal Government.
(c) Richard Daley was too liberal and too connected to new Democrats.
(d) Richard Daley wanted to crack down harder on crime.
5. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(b) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(c) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
(d) Ignore their presence on the list.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's family background?
2. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
3. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
4. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
5. What are two titles given to ward committeemen?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)