|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was among the influences for which Vito Marzullo was well known?
(a) Selecting judges.
(b) "Voting the graveyard."
(c) Finding new political talent.
(d) Eliminated political enemies.
2. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
3. What are patronage jobs?
(a) The name for jobs that have no other definition.
(b) Make-work jobs that have no real function.
(c) Public jobs that are issued through political connections.
(d) Service jobs that the government must provide.
4. In earlier times how did ward committeemen win influence over immigrants?
(a) They helped them fill out papers and figure out their taxes and licenses.
(b) They dispatched henchmen to threaten them if they were not compliant.
(c) They helped them find homes and jobs.
(d) They helped them get the forms that helped to keep them in the country.
5. What is the relationship between the precinct captain and the ward committeeman in the Cook County Democratic Party?
(a) The two are unrelated.
(b) The precinct captain is the authority over the ward committeeman.
(c) The two are the same office.
(d) The ward committeeman is the authority of the precinct captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what has Richard Daley's quick rise in political influence been credited?
2. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
3. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
4. Richard Daley became connected with a judge named Abraham Lincoln Marovitz. How did they meet?
5. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)