|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Influence of Republicans was almost eliminated.
(b) Street repairs for Chicago received sufficient funding.
(c) Crime was reduced dramatically.
(d) Chicago became the model of political efficiency.
2. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
(a) He began dating his future wife, Eleanor.
(b) He started doing business with Joe Kennedy.
(c) He began working with a young politician named Adalai Stevenson.
(d) He served as liaison between Al Capone and his syndicate while he was in prison.
3. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Harry S. Truman.
(c) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
4. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
(a) Jabbing and dodging for boxers.
(b) Welding a pipefitting for plumbers.
(c) Smelting and extruding for iron workers.
(d) Typing and shorthand for a secretarial position.
5. What would happen to ward committeemen if they did not deliver votes on election day?
(a) Their precinct lost funding for projects he requested.
(b) They lost their position with the Cook County Democratic Central Committee.
(c) The Democratic Party poured more campaign funds in his area for the next election.
(d) He would end up, "sleeping with the fishes."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
2. What is the relationship between the precinct captain and the ward committeeman in the Cook County Democratic Party?
3. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
4. How many patronage jobs did Vito Marzullo have for his precinct?
5. What was Richard Daley's unusual moral code?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)