|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) Public displays of immorality.
(b) Anti-war protestors.
(c) His friends being caught in corruption.
2. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(b) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
(c) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(d) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
3. What is the topic for Chapter II?
(a) Richard Daley's rough life.
(b) Chicago models apartied.
(c) Richard Daley comes of age.
(d) Chicago and organized crime.
4. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
(a) He'd sit in the middle of it all and and look as happy as a kid at a birthday party.
(b) He would take sides and use his power to crush his opponents.
(c) He would call a truce and negotiate between the warring factions.
(d) He would ignore it had let it take its course.
5. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) Bugs Moran.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) John Dillinger.
(d) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Chapter I?
2. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
3. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
4. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
5. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)