|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joe McDonough was elected to County Treasurer, what happened to Richard Daley?
(a) Daley was left in Chicago City Hall where he eventually became a rival to McDonough.
(b) Daley decided to set his own course and run for state senate.
(c) McDonough kept Daley in his office as an aide.
(d) The two split and Daley continued to pursue his career in City Hall.
2. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
(a) He needed the Party's help for his next election campaign.
(b) He wanted to check what the marching orders were from the Party regulars.
(c) He owed the party his political allegiance.
(d) He served as Democrat Party Chairman.
3. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
(a) His chief of staff.
(b) The press.
(c) His secretary.
(d) The Chief of Police.
4. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
(a) McDonough enjoyed deep sea diving and left the office frequently to Daley's care.
(b) McDonough spent much time at race tracks allowing Daley fill the responsibilities of McDonough's office.
(c) McDonough was a philanderer so Daley began to sow the seeds of McDonugh's humiliation.
(d) McDonough was a widely reputed alcoholic so Daley's departure was considered wise.
5. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(b) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
(c) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(d) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
2. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
3. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
4. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
5. What was the most important rule Richard Daley learned from Joe McDonough?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)