|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(b) On his way to the speech.
(c) Over dinners with his wife.
(d) During weekends when he did not work.
2. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) Anti-war protestors.
(c) His friends being caught in corruption.
(d) Public displays of immorality.
3. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
(a) They knew if they were patient they would get theirs.
(b) They were accustomed to czars, kings, and emperors using power like a club.
(c) He abused power for their benefit.
(d) They would get their kick-back.
4. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
(a) Welding a pipefitting for plumbers.
(b) Smelting and extruding for iron workers.
(c) Jabbing and dodging for boxers.
(d) Typing and shorthand for a secretarial position.
5. What defined the geographic areas of Chicago?
(c) Political affiliations.
(d) Proximity to Lake Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what has Richard Daley's quick rise in political influence been credited?
2. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
3. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
4. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
5. What was Richard Daley's family background?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)