|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
(a) With a kiss from his wife.
(b) With a cup of cofee and a blintz.
(c) With a police review of his enemies activities.
(d) With a ride in his limo.
2. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) Bugs Moran.
(b) John Dillinger.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
3. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
(a) He liked sitting in a rocker during public meetings.
(b) He frequently attended weddings and gave away the bride.
(c) He looked old and bald like a father.
(d) He was like many fathers who worked long hours and said what he meant.
4. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
5. When was the Introduction written?
(a) After Daley won his last election.
(b) While Daley was convalescing in the hospital.
(c) After an interview of Daley's widow.
(d) One day after Richard Daley died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
2. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
3. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
4. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
5. In what year did Richard Daley die?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)