|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(a) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a day.
2. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(a) Outsiders to Chicago.
(b) Illinois governors.
3. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
4. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
(a) Croney's, lobbyists, politicians and presidents.
(b) Athletes, celebrities, the wealthy and oil sheiks.
(c) Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
(d) Former teachers, businessmen, mothers and veterans.
5. When was the Introduction written?
(a) After an interview of Daley's widow.
(b) After Daley won his last election.
(c) One day after Richard Daley died.
(d) While Daley was convalescing in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Richard Daley born?
2. Why is the Chicago race riot of 1919 an important event in Richard Daley's history?
3. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
4. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
5. What is the topic for Chapter II?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)