|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(b) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(c) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
(d) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
2. In what year was Richard Daley born?
3. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(b) Illinois governors.
(c) Outsiders to Chicago.
4. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(a) Twice a day.
(c) Twice a week.
5. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
(a) He introduced Daley to his wife.
(b) He rented a room to Daley so he could get to work on time.
(c) He chose Daley as his Chief of Staff.
(d) He taught Daley the ins and outs of Chicago's political machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
2. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
3. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
4. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
5. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)