|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) Chicago City Hall.
(b) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
(c) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
(d) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
2. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) Bugs Moran.
(c) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
(d) John Dillinger.
3. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
(b) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(c) Ignore their presence on the list.
(d) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
4. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
(a) Each neighborhood had a core of entreprenuers who created jobs.
(b) Each neighborhood was able to earn federal funds to support racial minorities.
(c) Each neighborhood had a connection with organized crime and rum runners.
(d) Each neighborhood had industrial plants to employ local residents.
5. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(a) Kennedy International.
(b) The Chicago Airstrip.
(d) The Airfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most important rule Richard Daley learned from Joe McDonough?
2. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
3. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
4. When was the Introduction written?
5. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)