|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
(a) Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
(b) Former teachers, businessmen, mothers and veterans.
(c) Croney's, lobbyists, politicians and presidents.
(d) Athletes, celebrities, the wealthy and oil sheiks.
2. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
(a) Rapid, pointed, and evasive.
(b) Amusing, friendly, and relaxing.
(c) Coarse, blunt, and direct.
(d) Smooth, soothing, and inspiring.
3. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Twice a week.
4. When was the Introduction written?
(a) After Daley won his last election.
(b) One day after Richard Daley died.
(c) While Daley was convalescing in the hospital.
(d) After an interview of Daley's widow.
5. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
(a) McDonough was a widely reputed alcoholic so Daley's departure was considered wise.
(b) McDonough spent much time at race tracks allowing Daley fill the responsibilities of McDonough's office.
(c) McDonough was a philanderer so Daley began to sow the seeds of McDonugh's humiliation.
(d) McDonough enjoyed deep sea diving and left the office frequently to Daley's care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
2. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
3. What is the topic of Chapter I?
4. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
5. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)