|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
(a) That he presided over successful public works.
(b) That he was upright and consistent.
(c) That he was a political brawler.
(d) That he was kind and honest.
2. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
(a) Author and city official in Chicago.
(b) Author and television commentator with several Chicago television stations.
(c) Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
(d) First baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
3. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) On his way to the speech.
(b) During weekends when he did not work.
(c) Over dinners with his wife.
(d) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
4. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
(a) Find a lawyer.
(b) Read him his rights.
(c) Don't get caught.
(d) Cut me in.
5. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(b) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(c) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
(d) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
2. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
3. Why is the Chicago race riot of 1919 an important event in Richard Daley's history?
4. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
5. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)