|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(b) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
(c) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
(d) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
2. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
(a) Welding a pipefitting for plumbers.
(b) Typing and shorthand for a secretarial position.
(c) Jabbing and dodging for boxers.
(d) Smelting and extruding for iron workers.
3. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) Irish Catholic.
(b) German farm stock.
(c) Polish laborer.
(d) British gentry.
4. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
5. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
(a) Each neighborhood had a core of entreprenuers who created jobs.
(b) Each neighborhood had a connection with organized crime and rum runners.
(c) Each neighborhood had industrial plants to employ local residents.
(d) Each neighborhood was able to earn federal funds to support racial minorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
2. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
3. In what year was Richard Daley born?
4. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
5. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)