|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Richard Daley on the city payroll?
(a) At least the next 48 years.
(b) 53 years.
(c) 23 years as mayor.
(d) Sporadically over five decades.
2. When was the Introduction written?
(a) After an interview of Daley's widow.
(b) One day after Richard Daley died.
(c) After Daley won his last election.
(d) While Daley was convalescing in the hospital.
3. Upon what has Richard Daley's quick rise in political influence been credited?
(a) His quiet and earnest work to help all voters get to the polls.
(b) His ability to see and negotiate his way through conflict.
(c) His membership in a club named the Hamburgs that spawned a number of successful Chicago politicians.
(d) His unique skill as an orator to persuade even the most seasoned officeholder to take action.
4. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
5. In what year was Richard Daley born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
2. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
3. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
4. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
5. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)