|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Twice a week.
2. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
(a) McDonough was a philanderer so Daley began to sow the seeds of McDonugh's humiliation.
(b) McDonough was a widely reputed alcoholic so Daley's departure was considered wise.
(c) McDonough spent much time at race tracks allowing Daley fill the responsibilities of McDonough's office.
(d) McDonough enjoyed deep sea diving and left the office frequently to Daley's care.
3. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(b) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
(c) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
(d) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
4. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(a) The Airfield.
(b) The Chicago Airstrip.
(c) Kennedy International.
5. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
(a) Roman Catholic statuary.
(c) Chicago police officers.
(d) A spacious lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Daley do through the evenings of the 1920's after he was finished with his day job with the City?
2. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
3. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
4. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
5. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)