|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
(b) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(c) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(d) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
2. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
(b) Richard Daley's political growth.
(c) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
(d) Richard Daley's daily routine.
3. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
(a) It acted as his spy division.
(b) It made itself available for security to the Democrat Party.
(c) It would accomany him to important public meetings.
(d) It provided security for visiting dignitaries.
4. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) Near Comisky Park.
(b) In the public library.
(c) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
(d) Across the street.
5. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) Over dinners with his wife.
(b) During weekends when he did not work.
(c) On his way to the speech.
(d) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
2. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
3. Upon what has Richard Daley's quick rise in political influence been credited?
4. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
5. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)