|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(a) Outsiders to Chicago.
(c) Illinois governors.
2. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
(a) That he was kind and honest.
(b) That he was a political brawler.
(c) That he was upright and consistent.
(d) That he presided over successful public works.
3. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
(a) He was like many fathers who worked long hours and said what he meant.
(b) He liked sitting in a rocker during public meetings.
(c) He frequently attended weddings and gave away the bride.
(d) He looked old and bald like a father.
4. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
(a) He abused power for their benefit.
(b) They were accustomed to czars, kings, and emperors using power like a club.
(c) They knew if they were patient they would get theirs.
(d) They would get their kick-back.
5. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
(b) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
(c) Chicago City Hall.
(d) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
2. Why is the Chicago race riot of 1919 an important event in Richard Daley's history?
3. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
4. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
5. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)