|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
(a) He taught Daley the ins and outs of Chicago's political machine.
(b) He introduced Daley to his wife.
(c) He chose Daley as his Chief of Staff.
(d) He rented a room to Daley so he could get to work on time.
2. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) A wife and three sons.
(b) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
(c) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
(d) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
3. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
(b) Richard Daley's daily routine.
(c) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
(d) Richard Daley's political growth.
4. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
(a) He would get pictures of the officials indiscretions and use them to coerce his cooperation.
(b) He would see to it that his public service career in Chicago came to an end.
(c) He would ignore it if he was a popular official.
(d) He would encourge him to get marriage counceling.
5. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Adalai Stevenson.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
2. When was the Introduction written?
3. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
4. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
5. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)