|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) British gentry.
(b) Irish Catholic.
(c) Polish laborer.
(d) German farm stock.
2. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
(a) Each neighborhood had a core of entreprenuers who created jobs.
(b) Each neighborhood was able to earn federal funds to support racial minorities.
(c) Each neighborhood had industrial plants to employ local residents.
(d) Each neighborhood had a connection with organized crime and rum runners.
3. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
4. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) During weekends when he did not work.
(b) On his way to the speech.
(c) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(d) Over dinners with his wife.
5. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) Chicago City Hall.
(b) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
(c) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
(d) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
2. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
3. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
4. Why is the Chicago race riot of 1919 an important event in Richard Daley's history?
5. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)