|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
2. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) On his way to the speech.
(b) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(c) During weekends when he did not work.
(d) Over dinners with his wife.
3. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) Polish laborer.
(b) British gentry.
(c) German farm stock.
(d) Irish Catholic.
4. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
(a) Amusing, friendly, and relaxing.
(b) Coarse, blunt, and direct.
(c) Rapid, pointed, and evasive.
(d) Smooth, soothing, and inspiring.
5. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(a) Illinois governors.
(d) Outsiders to Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
2. In his earlier years as Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley walked down Michigan Avenue to greet people. Why did he stop the practice?
3. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
4. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
5. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)