|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
(b) Across the street.
(c) In the public library.
(d) Near Comisky Park.
2. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(a) Twice a day.
(c) Twice a week.
3. In what year did Richard Daley die?
4. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
(a) They would get their kick-back.
(b) They knew if they were patient they would get theirs.
(c) They were accustomed to czars, kings, and emperors using power like a club.
(d) He abused power for their benefit.
5. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
(a) It made itself available for security to the Democrat Party.
(b) It would accomany him to important public meetings.
(c) It acted as his spy division.
(d) It provided security for visiting dignitaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Introduction written?
2. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
3. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
4. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
5. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)