|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
(b) A spacious lawn.
(c) Chicago police officers.
(d) Roman Catholic statuary.
2. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
(b) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
(c) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(d) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
3. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
(a) He needed the Party's help for his next election campaign.
(b) He wanted to check what the marching orders were from the Party regulars.
(c) He served as Democrat Party Chairman.
(d) He owed the party his political allegiance.
4. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
(a) It acted as his spy division.
(b) It made itself available for security to the Democrat Party.
(c) It would accomany him to important public meetings.
(d) It provided security for visiting dignitaries.
5. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
(a) Author and television commentator with several Chicago television stations.
(b) Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
(c) Author and city official in Chicago.
(d) First baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
2. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
3. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
4. What was Richard Daley's family background?
5. What is the topic of Chapter I?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)