|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
(a) Athletes, celebrities, the wealthy and oil sheiks.
(b) Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
(c) Former teachers, businessmen, mothers and veterans.
(d) Croney's, lobbyists, politicians and presidents.
2. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(b) Twice a day.
(d) Twice a week.
3. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) Duh Mare.
(b) The Big Guy.
(d) The Man on the Fifth.
4. In his earlier years as Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley walked down Michigan Avenue to greet people. Why did he stop the practice?
(a) The neighborhood became run-down and embarrassing.
(b) He moved to a new, spacious house which made a trip to Michigan for a walk impractical.
(c) The walk in the early morning air was hard on his declining health.
(d) People who protested his power were a potential threat to his safety.
5. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Richard Daley's daily routine.
(b) Richard Daley's political growth.
(c) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
(d) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
2. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
3. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
4. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
5. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)