|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(b) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
(c) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(d) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
2. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) Over dinners with his wife.
(b) On his way to the speech.
(c) During weekends when he did not work.
(d) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
3. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
(a) His chief of staff.
(b) The Chief of Police.
(c) His secretary.
(d) The press.
4. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) Harry S. Truman.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Adalai Stevenson.
(d) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
5. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
(b) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(c) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(d) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
2. What is the topic of Chapter I?
3. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
4. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
5. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)