|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(b) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(c) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
(d) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
2. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
(a) He would ignore it if he was a popular official.
(b) He would encourge him to get marriage counceling.
(c) He would get pictures of the officials indiscretions and use them to coerce his cooperation.
(d) He would see to it that his public service career in Chicago came to an end.
3. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Ignore their presence on the list.
(b) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(c) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(d) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
4. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(a) The Chicago Airstrip.
(b) The Airfield.
(c) Kennedy International.
5. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
(a) Croney's, lobbyists, politicians and presidents.
(b) Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
(c) Athletes, celebrities, the wealthy and oil sheiks.
(d) Former teachers, businessmen, mothers and veterans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
2. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
3. Where did the Introduction first appear?
4. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
5. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)