|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
(a) They would get their kick-back.
(b) They knew if they were patient they would get theirs.
(c) He abused power for their benefit.
(d) They were accustomed to czars, kings, and emperors using power like a club.
2. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) Chicago City Hall.
(b) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
(c) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
(d) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
3. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) On his way to the speech.
(b) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(c) Over dinners with his wife.
(d) During weekends when he did not work.
4. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) German farm stock.
(b) Polish laborer.
(c) British gentry.
(d) Irish Catholic.
5. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
(a) He would see to it that his public service career in Chicago came to an end.
(b) He would get pictures of the officials indiscretions and use them to coerce his cooperation.
(c) He would ignore it if he was a popular official.
(d) He would encourge him to get marriage counceling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
2. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
3. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
4. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
5. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)