|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
(a) It would accomany him to important public meetings.
(b) It provided security for visiting dignitaries.
(c) It acted as his spy division.
(d) It made itself available for security to the Democrat Party.
2. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) Chicago City Hall.
(b) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
(c) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
(d) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
3. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Tribune.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Chicago Sun-Times.
(d) Chicago Herald.
4. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
(b) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
(c) A wife and three sons.
(d) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
5. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
(a) With a police review of his enemies activities.
(b) With a cup of cofee and a blintz.
(c) With a kiss from his wife.
(d) With a ride in his limo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
2. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
3. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
4. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
5. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)