|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(b) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(c) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
(d) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
2. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
(a) They were accustomed to czars, kings, and emperors using power like a club.
(b) They knew if they were patient they would get theirs.
(c) He abused power for their benefit.
(d) They would get their kick-back.
3. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
4. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
(b) Richard Daley's daily routine.
(c) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
(d) Richard Daley's political growth.
5. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
(b) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
(c) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
(d) A wife and three sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
2. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
3. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
4. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
5. In his earlier years as Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley walked down Michigan Avenue to greet people. Why did he stop the practice?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)