|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
(a) His chief of staff.
(b) The Chief of Police.
(c) The press.
(d) His secretary.
2. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Herald.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Chicago Tribune.
(d) Chicago Sun-Times.
3. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
(a) He liked sitting in a rocker during public meetings.
(b) He frequently attended weddings and gave away the bride.
(c) He was like many fathers who worked long hours and said what he meant.
(d) He looked old and bald like a father.
4. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(b) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
(c) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
(d) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
5. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(b) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(c) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
(d) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
2. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
3. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
4. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
5. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)