|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(b) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
(c) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(d) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
2. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) His friends being caught in corruption.
(b) Public displays of immorality.
(c) Anti-war protestors.
3. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) Over dinners with his wife.
(b) During weekends when he did not work.
(c) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(d) On his way to the speech.
4. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Richard Daley's political growth.
(b) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
(c) Richard Daley's daily routine.
(d) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
5. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) Across the street.
(b) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
(c) Near Comisky Park.
(d) In the public library.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
2. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
3. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
4. What was Richard Daley's family background?
5. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)