|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
(b) Richard Daley's daily routine.
(c) Richard Daley's political growth.
(d) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
2. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) His friends being caught in corruption.
(b) Public displays of immorality.
(c) Anti-war protestors.
3. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
(a) Cut me in.
(b) Find a lawyer.
(c) Don't get caught.
(d) Read him his rights.
4. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(b) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
(c) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
(d) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
5. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Ignore their presence on the list.
(b) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
(c) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(d) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
2. What was Richard Daley's family background?
3. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
4. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
5. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)