|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Introduction written?
(a) One day after Richard Daley died.
(b) While Daley was convalescing in the hospital.
(c) After Daley won his last election.
(d) After an interview of Daley's widow.
2. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(c) Harry S. Truman.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
3. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
(a) Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
(b) Author and television commentator with several Chicago television stations.
(c) First baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) Author and city official in Chicago.
4. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(a) Kennedy International.
(c) The Airfield.
(d) The Chicago Airstrip.
5. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) German farm stock.
(b) British gentry.
(c) Polish laborer.
(d) Irish Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
2. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
3. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
4. What is the topic of Chapter I?
5. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)