|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
2. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
(a) It made itself available for security to the Democrat Party.
(b) It acted as his spy division.
(c) It would accomany him to important public meetings.
(d) It provided security for visiting dignitaries.
3. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
(a) He needed the Party's help for his next election campaign.
(b) He served as Democrat Party Chairman.
(c) He wanted to check what the marching orders were from the Party regulars.
(d) He owed the party his political allegiance.
4. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
(a) They knew if they were patient they would get theirs.
(b) They were accustomed to czars, kings, and emperors using power like a club.
(c) He abused power for their benefit.
(d) They would get their kick-back.
5. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) The City of Chicago.
(c) A kindly father figure.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
2. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
3. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
4. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
5. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)