|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) During weekends when he did not work.
(b) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(c) Over dinners with his wife.
(d) On his way to the speech.
2. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) Harry S. Truman.
(b) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
3. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
(b) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
(c) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
(d) A wife and three sons.
4. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
5. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) The Big Guy.
(b) The Man on the Fifth.
(c) Duh Mare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's family background?
2. Where did the Introduction first appear?
3. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
4. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
5. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)