|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) Public displays of immorality.
(b) Anti-war protestors.
(d) His friends being caught in corruption.
2. In what year did Richard Daley die?
3. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
(b) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
(c) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(d) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
4. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) The Man on the Fifth.
(c) The Big Guy.
(d) Duh Mare.
5. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
(a) That he was a political brawler.
(b) That he was kind and honest.
(c) That he was upright and consistent.
(d) That he presided over successful public works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
2. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
3. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
4. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
5. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)