|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) Chicago City Hall.
(b) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
(c) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
(d) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
2. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) Polish laborer.
(b) British gentry.
(c) German farm stock.
(d) Irish Catholic.
3. In what year did Richard Daley die?
4. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(b) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(c) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
(d) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
5. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
(a) That he was upright and consistent.
(b) That he presided over successful public works.
(c) That he was a political brawler.
(d) That he was kind and honest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
2. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
3. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
4. Where did the Introduction first appear?
5. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)