|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
(a) He would call a truce and negotiate between the warring factions.
(b) He would ignore it had let it take its course.
(c) He would take sides and use his power to crush his opponents.
(d) He'd sit in the middle of it all and and look as happy as a kid at a birthday party.
2. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His chief of staff.
(c) The Chief of Police.
(d) The press.
3. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a day.
4. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
(a) He was like many fathers who worked long hours and said what he meant.
(b) He frequently attended weddings and gave away the bride.
(c) He looked old and bald like a father.
(d) He liked sitting in a rocker during public meetings.
5. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
(a) That he presided over successful public works.
(b) That he was kind and honest.
(c) That he was a political brawler.
(d) That he was upright and consistent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
2. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
3. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
4. What was Richard Daley's family background?
5. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)