|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(a) Twice a day.
(d) Twice a week.
2. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
(a) Rapid, pointed, and evasive.
(b) Amusing, friendly, and relaxing.
(c) Coarse, blunt, and direct.
(d) Smooth, soothing, and inspiring.
3. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
(a) He needed the Party's help for his next election campaign.
(b) He wanted to check what the marching orders were from the Party regulars.
(c) He owed the party his political allegiance.
(d) He served as Democrat Party Chairman.
4. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) A wife and three sons.
(b) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
(c) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
(d) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
5. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
(a) First baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
(c) Author and television commentator with several Chicago television stations.
(d) Author and city official in Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
2. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
3. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
4. When was the Introduction written?
5. Where did the Introduction first appear?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)