|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
(a) That he presided over successful public works.
(b) That he was kind and honest.
(c) That he was upright and consistent.
(d) That he was a political brawler.
2. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(b) Outsiders to Chicago.
(d) Illinois governors.
3. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
4. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
(b) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
(c) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(d) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
5. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
(a) Amusing, friendly, and relaxing.
(b) Coarse, blunt, and direct.
(c) Rapid, pointed, and evasive.
(d) Smooth, soothing, and inspiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Richard Daley die?
2. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
3. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
4. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
5. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)