|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
(b) Richard Daley's political growth.
(c) Richard Daley's daily routine.
(d) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
2. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(b) Outsiders to Chicago.
(c) Illinois governors.
3. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
(a) Anti-war protestors.
(b) Public displays of immorality.
(d) His friends being caught in corruption.
4. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Twice a day.
5. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
(a) He would get pictures of the officials indiscretions and use them to coerce his cooperation.
(b) He would encourge him to get marriage counceling.
(c) He would ignore it if he was a popular official.
(d) He would see to it that his public service career in Chicago came to an end.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Richard Daley die?
2. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
3. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
4. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
5. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)