|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
(a) Smooth, soothing, and inspiring.
(b) Rapid, pointed, and evasive.
(c) Amusing, friendly, and relaxing.
(d) Coarse, blunt, and direct.
2. In what year did Richard Daley die?
3. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
(a) With a ride in his limo.
(b) With a cup of cofee and a blintz.
(c) With a police review of his enemies activities.
(d) With a kiss from his wife.
4. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(b) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(c) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
(d) Ignore their presence on the list.
5. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) Polish laborer.
(b) Irish Catholic.
(c) German farm stock.
(d) British gentry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
2. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
3. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
4. In his earlier years as Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley walked down Michigan Avenue to greet people. Why did he stop the practice?
5. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)