|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(a) The Airfield.
(b) The Chicago Airstrip.
(c) Kennedy International.
2. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
(a) He served as Democrat Party Chairman.
(b) He wanted to check what the marching orders were from the Party regulars.
(c) He needed the Party's help for his next election campaign.
(d) He owed the party his political allegiance.
3. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) German farm stock.
(b) Polish laborer.
(c) British gentry.
(d) Irish Catholic.
4. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) Over dinners with his wife.
(b) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(c) During weekends when he did not work.
(d) On his way to the speech.
5. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(b) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
(c) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
(d) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
2. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
3. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
4. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
5. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)