|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(c) Outsiders to Chicago.
(d) Illinois governors.
2. When was the Introduction written?
(a) While Daley was convalescing in the hospital.
(b) One day after Richard Daley died.
(c) After Daley won his last election.
(d) After an interview of Daley's widow.
3. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
(a) He abused power for their benefit.
(b) They knew if they were patient they would get theirs.
(c) They would get their kick-back.
(d) They were accustomed to czars, kings, and emperors using power like a club.
4. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) The Big Guy.
(b) Duh Mare.
(c) The Man on the Fifth.
5. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) During weekends when he did not work.
(b) On his way to the speech.
(c) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(d) Over dinners with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
2. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
3. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
4. What was Richard Daley's family background?
5. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)