Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Introduction written?
(a) After Daley won his last election.
(b) One day after Richard Daley died.
(c) While Daley was convalescing in the hospital.
(d) After an interview of Daley's widow.
2. What were the qualifications that a ward committeeman had to prove to get appointed to the head of a city department?
(a) They had to have or be working toward a master's degree related to the position for which they were contending.
(b) A clean criminal background and at lease five years experience in a related field.
(c) They had to have an attractive resume filled with achievements that could be verified.
(d) They had to deliver huge number of votes for Democrat candidates.
3. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
(a) The Mayor of Chicago.
(b) No one.
(c) The Governor of Illinois.
(d) The President of the United States.
4. What happened when the incumbent mayor before Richard Daley made his appeal before the Cook County Central Committee that was chaired by Daley?
(a) He was fired by the committee and Daley appointed himself.
(b) He died in an auto accident days before the election and Daley appointed himself as candidate after the death.
(c) He declared that he changed parties to Republican and ran with that party.
(d) Daley was drafted to run for Mayor.
5. In what year did Richard Daley earn a position in the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
2. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
3. How did ward committeemen use their influence to encourage participation in elections?
4. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
5. How did Richard Daley diffuse the 1970 scandal involving the public officials?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)