|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Tribune.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Chicago Herald.
(d) Chicago Sun-Times.
2. Who was among the more famous ward committeemen from the South Side of Chicago?
(a) Vito Marzullo.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) Adalai Stevenson.
(d) Abraham Marovitz.
3. What is the relationship between the precinct captain and the ward committeeman in the Cook County Democratic Party?
(a) The two are the same office.
(b) The two are unrelated.
(c) The ward committeeman is the authority of the precinct captain.
(d) The precinct captain is the authority over the ward committeeman.
4. How did ward committeemen use their influence to encourage participation in elections?
(a) He would tell them, "If you don't vote, you might lose your public housing."
(b) He would tell them, "Voting makes you as powerful as the people in elected office."
(c) He would tell them, "Now that you are American it is you civic duty to vote."
(d) He would tell them, "Voting helps you protect the freedoms for which you left your homeland."
5. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
(a) McDonough spent much time at race tracks allowing Daley fill the responsibilities of McDonough's office.
(b) McDonough was a widely reputed alcoholic so Daley's departure was considered wise.
(c) McDonough enjoyed deep sea diving and left the office frequently to Daley's care.
(d) McDonough was a philanderer so Daley began to sow the seeds of McDonugh's humiliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
2. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
3. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
4. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
5. Who did Richard Daley convince to hold the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)