Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Chicago Sun-Times.
(c) Chicago Tribune.
(d) Chicago Herald.
2. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Chicago became the model of political efficiency.
(b) Crime was reduced dramatically.
(c) Street repairs for Chicago received sufficient funding.
(d) Influence of Republicans was almost eliminated.
3. What talent of Richard Daley's earned him praise from Democrats around the country?
(a) His knack for organizing meetings.
(b) His ability to deliver stirring speeches.
(c) His ability to smear Republican opponents.
(d) His ability to turn out votes.
4. What happened to Richard Daley's chief opponent for Cook County Democratic Chairman shortly before the election?
(a) He mysteriously disappeared.
(b) He withdrew because of health reasons.
(c) He died of a heart attack.
(d) He died in an auto accident.
5. Why is the Chicago race riot of 1919 an important event in Richard Daley's history?
(a) The violence forced his family to move where he made contacts that shaped his career.
(b) He was rumoured to be a leader of one of the gangs involved in violence.
(c) He used his negotiating skills to calm down competing gangs.
(d) He was nearly killed in a counter attack that took place on the street where he lived.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
2. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
3. What made the Cook County Democratic Central Committee so powerful?
4. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
5. What race-related issue did Richard Daley face during his early second term?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)