Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Herald.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Chicago Tribune.
(d) Chicago Sun-Times.
2. When Joe McDonough was elected to County Treasurer, what happened to Richard Daley?
(a) Daley decided to set his own course and run for state senate.
(b) McDonough kept Daley in his office as an aide.
(c) The two split and Daley continued to pursue his career in City Hall.
(d) Daley was left in Chicago City Hall where he eventually became a rival to McDonough.
3. What did Richard Daley do through the evenings of the 1920's after he was finished with his day job with the City?
(a) He attended DePaul Law School.
(b) He wrote campaign speeches for Democrat dignitaries.
(c) He tended bar for several illegal speakeasies.
(d) He drove a truck delivering coal to factories.
4. Richard Daley had a role in getting Abraham Marovitz appointed to what position?
(a) The Department of Defense.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The U.S. Federal District Court.
(d) The State Department.
5. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(b) Over dinners with his wife.
(c) On his way to the speech.
(d) During weekends when he did not work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Richard Daley die?
2. What is the topic of Chapter I?
3. What was the most important rule Richard Daley learned from Joe McDonough?
4. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
5. Daley did not personally attack his opponent, but what was one of the things the Democratic Machine did during the election?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)