Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Herald.
(b) Chicago Tribune.
(c) Chicago Sun-Times.
(d) New York Times.
2. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
(a) Welding a pipefitting for plumbers.
(b) Typing and shorthand for a secretarial position.
(c) Smelting and extruding for iron workers.
(d) Jabbing and dodging for boxers.
3. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
(a) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(b) Stay in their own neighborhood with their own kind.
(c) Wear safety helmets.
(d) Show courtesy to women and children.
4. Upon what has Richard Daley's quick rise in political influence been credited?
(a) His membership in a club named the Hamburgs that spawned a number of successful Chicago politicians.
(b) His ability to see and negotiate his way through conflict.
(c) His quiet and earnest work to help all voters get to the polls.
(d) His unique skill as an orator to persuade even the most seasoned officeholder to take action.
5. How did Richard Daley regard suggestions from Independent members of the City Council?
(a) He sent them to a subcomittee where they eventually die.
(b) He would contemplete them carefully upon their merits.
(c) He would send his Chief of Staff to the council member to coerce his/her silence.
(d) He would fly into a purple rage and publicly humilate those who proposed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
2. In what year did Richard Daley die?
3. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
4. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
5. In earlier times how did ward committeemen win influence over immigrants?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)