Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Herald.
(b) Chicago Sun-Times.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Chicago Tribune.
2. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) Duh Mare.
(b) The Man on the Fifth.
(c) The Big Guy.
3. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
(c) Bugs Moran.
(d) John Dillinger.
4. What did Richard Daley do through the evenings of the 1920's after he was finished with his day job with the City?
(a) He wrote campaign speeches for Democrat dignitaries.
(b) He tended bar for several illegal speakeasies.
(c) He drove a truck delivering coal to factories.
(d) He attended DePaul Law School.
5. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
(b) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
(c) A wife and three sons.
(d) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
2. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
3. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
4. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
5. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)