|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Herald.
(b) Chicago Tribune.
(c) Chicago Sun-Times.
(d) New York Times.
2. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
(b) A wife and three sons.
(c) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
(d) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
3. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(b) Ignore their presence on the list.
(c) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
(d) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
4. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
(a) He owed the party his political allegiance.
(b) He served as Democrat Party Chairman.
(c) He needed the Party's help for his next election campaign.
(d) He wanted to check what the marching orders were from the Party regulars.
5. What was Richard Daley's family background?
(a) British gentry.
(b) Irish Catholic.
(c) German farm stock.
(d) Polish laborer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
2. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
3. What kind of speaking style did Daley have?
4. What was Richard Daley's advice to city officials getting money on the sly?
5. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)