|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was among the promises that Daley made during the campaign?
(a) He promised the sun will shine on all neighborhoods of Chicago, not just State Street.
(b) He promised jobs for everyone who wanted one.
(c) He promised that crime would be ended in Chicago.
(d) He promised a chicken in every pot.
2. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a day.
3. Why is the Chicago race riot of 1919 an important event in Richard Daley's history?
(a) He was rumoured to be a leader of one of the gangs involved in violence.
(b) He was nearly killed in a counter attack that took place on the street where he lived.
(c) He used his negotiating skills to calm down competing gangs.
(d) The violence forced his family to move where he made contacts that shaped his career.
4. Who was among the more famous ward committeemen from the South Side of Chicago?
(a) Adalai Stevenson.
(b) Vito Marzullo.
(c) Abraham Marovitz.
(d) Al Capone.
5. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) John Dillinger.
(b) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
(c) Bugs Moran.
(d) Al Capone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
2. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
3. Who was the Democrat official who became a rival to Daley in his climb to the chairmanship of the Democratic Central Committee?
4. What is the topic of Chapter I?
5. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)