|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defined the geographic areas of Chicago?
(a) Proximity to Lake Michigan.
(d) Political affiliations.
2. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
(a) He frequently attended weddings and gave away the bride.
(b) He liked sitting in a rocker during public meetings.
(c) He was like many fathers who worked long hours and said what he meant.
(d) He looked old and bald like a father.
3. When did racial conflicts begin to become public in Chicago?
(a) During the Vietnam War.
(b) After Jackie Robinson broke Major League Baseball's color barrier in 1947.
(c) During the late 1950s.
(d) During the early 1960s.
4. What were some of the other visible changes that Richard Daley made during his first year as mayor?
(a) He hired more cops and firemen, and he improved roads and street lighting.
(b) He improved roads and streets, established a new bus system, and added an additional day to trash pick-up.
(c) He hired more cops and firemen, converted empty lots into city parks, and established a new bus system.
(d) He established a new bus system, converted empty lots into city parks, and added a day to trash pick-up.
5. In what year was Richard Daley born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of an effort to prove that Richard Daley's neighbors were intolerant of segregating neighborhoods based on color?
2. Who was among the more famous ward committeemen from the South Side of Chicago?
3. Royko reported that ___________ were not upset with Richard Daley's abuses of power.
4. Who did Richard Daley help to get nominated for the 1956 Democratic candidate for president?
5. How did the public respond to Richard Daley's response to the outbreaks?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)