|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(a) Kennedy International.
(c) The Airfield.
(d) The Chicago Airstrip.
2. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
(a) First baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) Author and television commentator with several Chicago television stations.
(c) Author and city official in Chicago.
(d) Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
3. How did Richard Daley respond to the outbreaks?
(a) He restored water services to the fire hydrants in the neighborhood.
(b) He issued shoot to kill orders against arsonists and shoot to maim orders against looters.
(c) He had a city hall meeting with civil rights advocates to get their input for a new police chief.
(d) He ordered a restoration of Chief Wilson's policies in the African American neighborhoods.
4. How many protesters arrived in Chicago for the 1968 Democratic National Convention?
5. With whom did Richard Daley become most upset during the time of growing racial conflict?
(a) Civil Rights lawyer William Kunstler.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Civil Rights activist Martin Luther King.
(d) Police Chief Orlando Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of an effort to prove that Richard Daley's neighbors were intolerant of segregating neighborhoods based on color?
2. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
3. Richard Daley and who else knew how many patronage jobs existed?
4. What 1960 police department scandal caused great embarrassment for Richard Daley?
5. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)