|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What police action against a public gathering became a precursor to the Democratic National Convention?
(a) Dr. King's assassination caused discontent within African-American delegations to the Convention.
(b) McCarthy's antiwar supporters pledged to disrupt the convention if McCarthy was not nominated.
(c) Supporters of Senator Kennedy refused to pledge their support to any other candidate.
(d) Peace marchers ignored police orders to disperse and were beaten, maced, and arrested.
2. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
(a) German-Lutheran on the Northwest corner of Chicago.
(b) Irish-Catholic on the South-side of Chicago.
(c) French-Catholic on the shores of Lake Michigan.
(d) Slavic-Orthodox on the Southest corner of Chicago.
3. How did Richard Daley's talent affect the 1948 election?
(a) He knew how to use his office to raise funds.
(b) He developed campaign ads that made people believe that Thomas Dewey was planning to desegregate Chicago.
(c) He was able to organize campaign ralleys that helped Harry Truman win the presidential election.
(d) His ability to turn out votes helped Harry Truman win the presidential election.
4. In what year was Richard Daley born?
5. What was the first unusual decision that Richard Daley made after he was elected mayor?
(a) He moved to a home next door to City Hall.
(b) He had the door removed from his office to represent he would have an open administration.
(c) He maintained the chairmanship of the party while serving as mayor.
(d) He moved the mayor's office to the Chicago Democrat headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
2. Who was among the more famous ward committeemen from the South Side of Chicago?
3. What happened to honest officials in the department that became troublesome for Richard Daley?
4. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
5. Where did Daley choose to begin his urban renewal projects?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)