|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
(a) Roman Catholic statuary.
(b) A spacious lawn.
(d) Chicago police officers.
2. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Herald.
(b) Chicago Sun-Times.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Chicago Tribune.
3. What was Richard Daley's response after a commission recommended that the police should treat blacks the same as whites?
(a) He assigned another commission under his control that recommended he keep his policies in place.
(b) He ignored the recommendations and increased the use of force.
(c) He increased abuse against everybody.
(d) He relented and began promoting a, "kinder and gentler," police force.
4. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(b) On his way to the speech.
(c) During weekends when he did not work.
(d) Over dinners with his wife.
5. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point during the 1968 Democratic National Convention did protesters and security forces clash?
2. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
3. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
4. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
5. What was the result to Richard Daley from the unusual circumstance of Clarence Wagner dropping out of the contest for Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)