|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
(a) He chose Daley as his Chief of Staff.
(b) He introduced Daley to his wife.
(c) He rented a room to Daley so he could get to work on time.
(d) He taught Daley the ins and outs of Chicago's political machine.
2. How large and what was the make up of the security detail for the 1968 Democratic National convention?
(a) 2,500 precinct walkers and sanitation workers.
(b) 15,000 private security personnel and prison guards.
(c) 20,000 Marines and Illinois State Patrolmen.
(d) 25,000 police officers and National Guard soldiers.
3. How were many of the precinct committee positions earned through the years?
(a) Through paying for favors or graft.
(b) Through winning public support for a cause or virtue.
(c) Through family connections or nepotism.
(d) Through hard work or devotion.
4. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
(a) Former teachers, businessmen, mothers and veterans.
(b) Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
(c) Athletes, celebrities, the wealthy and oil sheiks.
(d) Croney's, lobbyists, politicians and presidents.
5. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(a) The Airfield.
(b) Kennedy International.
(c) The Chicago Airstrip.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
2. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
3. When was the Introduction written?
4. How was Richard Daley's initial urban renewal effort accepted by those who who used the areas?
5. Who was among the more famous ward committeemen from the South Side of Chicago?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)