|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many patronage jobs did Vito Marzullo have for his precinct?
(c) 400 per zip code.
2. What is the topic for Chapter IV?
(a) Labor Unions and Chicago Politics.
(b) Organized Crime and Chicago Politics.
(c) Nepotism and Chicago politics.
(d) Operations of the Cook County Democratic Machine.
3. Who did Richard Daley appoint to take care of the 1960 police department scandal?
(a) Adalai Stevenson, who had a highly regarded reputation for integrity in Illinois.
(b) Orlando Wilson, the nation's brilliant and foremost law enforcement expert and corrupt-free head of the University of California's criminology department.
(c) William Kunstler, a lawyer who was a persistent critic of Chicago city government.
(d) Jesse Jackson, who had been working very closely with Martin Luther King on civil rights issues.
4. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
(a) He'd sit in the middle of it all and and look as happy as a kid at a birthday party.
(b) He would take sides and use his power to crush his opponents.
(c) He would ignore it had let it take its course.
(d) He would call a truce and negotiate between the warring factions.
5. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) Near Comisky Park.
(b) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
(c) In the public library.
(d) Across the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
2. What defined the geographic areas of Chicago?
3. How was a police action in April of 1968 characterized by observers?
4. What was the year of the election for Richard Daley's fourth term?
5. How did ward committeemen use their influence to encourage participation in elections?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)