|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became the most consuming controversy during Richard Daley's first two terms as mayor?
(a) Segregation throughout the city's ethnic neighbor hoods.
(b) Ward committeemen turning in doctored election returns.
(c) Corruption in the police department.
(d) City planners using their positions to profit from real estate development.
2. What public office traditionally rose through the Chicago Democratic political system?
(a) Chief of Police.
(c) City Manager.
(d) U.S. Senator.
3. What organizations gave Richard Daley his most loyal support?
(a) Labor unions.
(b) Bowling leagues.
(c) Law enforcement agencies.
(d) Public schools.
4. Who was the Democrat official who became a rival to Daley in his climb to the chairmanship of the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Paul Douglas.
(b) Adlai Stevenson.
(c) Clarence Wager.
(d) Benjamin Adamowski.
5. Who was the president who appointed Abraham Marovitz and what year was it done?
(a) John F. Kennedy, 1963.
(b) John F. Kennedy, 1961.
(c) Lyndon Baines Johnson, 1967.
(d) Harry S. Truman, 1952.
Short Answer Questions
1. What defined the geographic areas of Chicago?
2. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
3. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
4. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
5. What was among the influences for which Vito Marzullo was well known?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)