|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Harry S. Truman.
(d) Adalai Stevenson.
2. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
(a) He began dating his future wife, Eleanor.
(b) He began working with a young politician named Adalai Stevenson.
(c) He started doing business with Joe Kennedy.
(d) He served as liaison between Al Capone and his syndicate while he was in prison.
3. When Joe McDonough was elected to County Treasurer, what happened to Richard Daley?
(a) Daley decided to set his own course and run for state senate.
(b) The two split and Daley continued to pursue his career in City Hall.
(c) Daley was left in Chicago City Hall where he eventually became a rival to McDonough.
(d) McDonough kept Daley in his office as an aide.
4. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
(a) Checked to make sure that the police know where they are.
(b) Ignore their presence on the list.
(c) Sent them a polite form letter telling them their quaifications will be considered.
(d) Verified with their sponsor that they are now clean.
5. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
(a) Stay in their own neighborhood with their own kind.
(b) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(c) Wear safety helmets.
(d) Show courtesy to women and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the president who appointed Abraham Marovitz and what year was it done?
2. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
3. Why did some members of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee believe that Richard Daley was not suited for the position of Chairman?
4. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
5. In what year did Richard Daley die?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)