|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Democrat official who became a rival to Daley in his climb to the chairmanship of the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Paul Douglas.
(b) Clarence Wager.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) Benjamin Adamowski.
2. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Herald.
(b) Chicago Sun-Times.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Chicago Tribune.
3. What was one of the issues that members of the Democratic Central Committee used to oppose Richard Daley during his campaign to become Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Richard Daley favored immigration control.
(b) Richard Daley wanted to crack down harder on crime.
(c) Richard Daley was too liberal and too connected to new Democrats.
(d) Richard Daley wanted to limit the influence of the Federal Government.
4. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
(a) Jabbing and dodging for boxers.
(b) Typing and shorthand for a secretarial position.
(c) Smelting and extruding for iron workers.
(d) Welding a pipefitting for plumbers.
5. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
(b) Across the street.
(c) In the public library.
(d) Near Comisky Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
2. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
3. Why did Royko suggest that immigrants were tolerant of Richard Daley's abuses of power?
4. What defined the geographic areas of Chicago?
5. What did Richard Daley receive when he finally became Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Party?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)