|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Richard Daley on the city payroll?
(a) At least the next 48 years.
(b) 23 years as mayor.
(c) Sporadically over five decades.
(d) 53 years.
2. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
(b) Outsiders to Chicago.
(c) Illinois governors.
3. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
(a) With a cup of cofee and a blintz.
(b) With a kiss from his wife.
(c) With a police review of his enemies activities.
(d) With a ride in his limo.
4. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
(a) Athletes, celebrities, the wealthy and oil sheiks.
(b) Former teachers, businessmen, mothers and veterans.
(c) Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
(d) Croney's, lobbyists, politicians and presidents.
5. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
(b) A wife and three sons.
(c) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
(d) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the issues that members of the Democratic Central Committee used to oppose Richard Daley during his campaign to become Chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
2. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
3. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
4. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
5. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)