|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Richard Daley's chief opponent for Cook County Democratic Chairman shortly before the election?
(a) He mysteriously disappeared.
(b) He withdrew because of health reasons.
(c) He died of a heart attack.
(d) He died in an auto accident.
2. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Street repairs for Chicago received sufficient funding.
(b) Chicago became the model of political efficiency.
(c) Crime was reduced dramatically.
(d) Influence of Republicans was almost eliminated.
3. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
(a) McDonough spent much time at race tracks allowing Daley fill the responsibilities of McDonough's office.
(b) McDonough was a philanderer so Daley began to sow the seeds of McDonugh's humiliation.
(c) McDonough enjoyed deep sea diving and left the office frequently to Daley's care.
(d) McDonough was a widely reputed alcoholic so Daley's departure was considered wise.
4. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) George Washington.
(c) A kindly father figure.
(d) The City of Chicago.
5. Why did some members of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee believe that Richard Daley was not suited for the position of Chairman?
(a) Some saw him as too liberal.
(b) He was too conservative.
(c) He was thought to be indecisive.
(d) His professional background was considered to be to controversial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard Daley became connected with a judge named Abraham Lincoln Marovitz. How did they meet?
2. What defined the geographic areas of Chicago?
3. Royko reported that _______________ were most suspicious of Richard Daley.
4. What is the topic of Chapter I?
5. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)