|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Chicago Sun-Times.
(c) Chicago Tribune.
(d) Chicago Herald.
2. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
(a) Wear safety helmets.
(b) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(c) Stay in their own neighborhood with their own kind.
(d) Show courtesy to women and children.
3. What did Richard Daley do through the evenings of the 1920's after he was finished with his day job with the City?
(a) He wrote campaign speeches for Democrat dignitaries.
(b) He drove a truck delivering coal to factories.
(c) He attended DePaul Law School.
(d) He tended bar for several illegal speakeasies.
4. What was the label that was given to those who had similar views to Richard Daley in the Cook County Democratic Party?
(a) New Democrats.
(b) The Neophytes.
(c) Young Thugs.
(d) The Liberals.
5. How did Richard Daley's talent affect the 1948 election?
(a) His ability to turn out votes helped Harry Truman win the presidential election.
(b) He knew how to use his office to raise funds.
(c) He developed campaign ads that made people believe that Thomas Dewey was planning to desegregate Chicago.
(d) He was able to organize campaign ralleys that helped Harry Truman win the presidential election.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
2. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
3. Richard Daley had a role in getting Abraham Marovitz appointed to what position?
4. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
5. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)