|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
2. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
(a) First baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) Author and television commentator with several Chicago television stations.
(c) Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
(d) Author and city official in Chicago.
3. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) Adalai Stevenson.
(b) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
4. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
(a) German-Lutheran on the Northwest corner of Chicago.
(b) French-Catholic on the shores of Lake Michigan.
(c) Irish-Catholic on the South-side of Chicago.
(d) Slavic-Orthodox on the Southest corner of Chicago.
5. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
(a) A modest home on the southside of Chicago.
(b) A wife and three sons.
(c) A "gouging, grabbing, tripping" fight for his power.
(d) Huge public deficits that are still being paid off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's unusual moral code?
2. When was the Introduction written?
3. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
4. What did Royko state disturbed Richard Daley?
5. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)