|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(b) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
(c) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
(d) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
2. To what or whom did Royko compare Richard Daley's character?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) The City of Chicago.
(c) George Washington.
(d) A kindly father figure.
3. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
(a) With a kiss from his wife.
(b) With a cup of cofee and a blintz.
(c) With a police review of his enemies activities.
(d) With a ride in his limo.
4. In what year did Richard Daley earn a position in the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
5. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(a) Twice a week.
(c) Twice a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
2. Richard Daley became connected with a judge named Abraham Lincoln Marovitz. How did they meet?
3. According to Royko, What will be the most-remembered political legacy of Richard Daley?
4. What did Richard Daley leave behind after his death?
5. What happened to Richard Daley's chief opponent for Cook County Democratic Chairman shortly before the election?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)