|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
(a) Roman Catholic statuary.
(b) A spacious lawn.
(d) Chicago police officers.
2. What did Royko describe as Richard Daley's character traits?
(a) Simple, quiet, humble and kind.
(b) Loud, profane, immoral and angry.
(c) Studious, resolved, calm and patient.
(d) Hot-tempered, simple, devious and powerful.
3. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
4. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
(a) He would call a truce and negotiate between the warring factions.
(b) He would take sides and use his power to crush his opponents.
(c) He would ignore it had let it take its course.
(d) He'd sit in the middle of it all and and look as happy as a kid at a birthday party.
5. To whom was Richard Daley most loyal according to Royko?
(a) Former teachers, businessmen, mothers and veterans.
(b) Croney's, lobbyists, politicians and presidents.
(c) Family, neighbors, old buddies, the corner grocer.
(d) Athletes, celebrities, the wealthy and oil sheiks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
2. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
3. What was the most important rule Richard Daley learned from Joe McDonough?
4. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
5. What talent of Richard Daley's earned him praise from Democrats around the country?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)