|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
(b) In the public library.
(c) Across the street.
(d) Near Comisky Park.
2. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
(a) Typing and shorthand for a secretarial position.
(b) Jabbing and dodging for boxers.
(c) Smelting and extruding for iron workers.
(d) Welding a pipefitting for plumbers.
3. What talent of Richard Daley's earned him praise from Democrats around the country?
(a) His ability to deliver stirring speeches.
(b) His knack for organizing meetings.
(c) His ability to smear Republican opponents.
(d) His ability to turn out votes.
4. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
(a) He looked old and bald like a father.
(b) He liked sitting in a rocker during public meetings.
(c) He frequently attended weddings and gave away the bride.
(d) He was like many fathers who worked long hours and said what he meant.
5. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Harry S. Truman.
(c) Adalai Stevenson.
(d) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Richard Daley die?
2. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
3. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
4. What was the label that was given to those who had similar views to Richard Daley in the Cook County Democratic Party?
5. Richard Daley became connected with a judge named Abraham Lincoln Marovitz. How did they meet?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)