|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Richard Daley born?
2. What was the profession of Mike Royko, author of "Boss: Richard J. Daley of Chicago"?
(a) Author and television commentator with several Chicago television stations.
(b) Author and newspaper columnist with three Chicago newspapers.
(c) Author and city official in Chicago.
(d) First baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
3. What was the first stop that Richard Daley made everyday?
(a) Chicago City Hall.
(b) A local coffee shop for a doughnut.
(c) St. Peter's for Daily Mass.
(d) A convenience store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
4. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
(b) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
(c) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(d) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
5. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
(a) He would see to it that his public service career in Chicago came to an end.
(b) He would encourge him to get marriage counceling.
(c) He would ignore it if he was a popular official.
(d) He would get pictures of the officials indiscretions and use them to coerce his cooperation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard Daley visit the Democrat Party headquarters after city council meetings?
2. In what year did Richard Daley earn a position in the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
3. Who was the Democrat official who became a rival to Daley in his climb to the chairmanship of the Democratic Central Committee?
4. Who did Richard Daley usually see first when he arrived at his office?
5. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)