Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Introduction first appear?
(a) Chicago Herald.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Chicago Tribune.
(d) Chicago Sun-Times.
2. If Chicagoans were disagreeable when they raised complaints to the city, how did Richard Daley regard their complaint?
(a) He would see to it that their situation got worse than when they registered their complaint.
(b) He would send the complaint to the appropriate committee.
(c) He would take extra care to see their complaint was answered.
(d) He tried not to get involved as the situation could become politically challenging.
3. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
(a) It would accomany him to important public meetings.
(b) It made itself available for security to the Democrat Party.
(c) It acted as his spy division.
(d) It provided security for visiting dignitaries.
4. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) On his way to the speech.
(b) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(c) During weekends when he did not work.
(d) Over dinners with his wife.
5. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
(a) Adalai Stevenson.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Lyndon Baines Johnson.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Daley's family background?
2. Why did Royko consider Richard Daley to be a believable father figure to Chicagoans?
3. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
4. How did Royko describe Richard Daley's response to political brawls in Chicago?
5. How did Richard Daley's talent affect the 1948 election?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)