|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Daley choose to begin his urban renewal projects?
(a) Along Waveland Avenue near Wrigley Field.
(b) An old Italian neighborhood known as the Valley.
(c) West Halsted Street near the Chicago International Amphitheatre where the 1968 Democrat National Convention was eventually held.
(d) On the south side between Daley's Irish Catholic birthplace and an African-American neighborhood.
2. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(a) Twice a week.
(c) Twice a day.
3. What talent of Richard Daley's earned him praise from Democrats around the country?
(a) His ability to turn out votes.
(b) His ability to smear Republican opponents.
(c) His knack for organizing meetings.
(d) His ability to deliver stirring speeches.
4. In Chicago City Hall, Richard Daley was known by all of the following except:
(a) The Big Guy.
(c) Duh Mare.
(d) The Man on the Fifth.
5. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
(b) The Chicago Airstrip.
(c) The Airfield.
(d) Kennedy International.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
2. What major political event was guided by Richard Daley's leadership in 1956?
3. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
4. Why did some members of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee believe that Richard Daley was not suited for the position of Chairman?
5. How did Richard Daley's day begin and end?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)