|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reputation of the mayor who preceded Richard Daley?
(a) He was too easy on Republicans.
(b) He was a weak token.
(c) He was too stingy with patronage jobs.
(d) He was too easy on non-voting immigrants.
2. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
3. How often were Richard Daley's phones checked for bugs?
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a day.
4. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
(a) Street repairs for Chicago received sufficient funding.
(b) Crime was reduced dramatically.
(c) Influence of Republicans was almost eliminated.
(d) Chicago became the model of political efficiency.
5. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
(a) Thurgood Marshall.
(b) F. Lee Baily.
(c) William Kunstler.
(d) Johnny Cochran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the president that Richard Daley supposedly helped to elect?
2. Daley did not personally attack his opponent, but what was one of the things the Democratic Machine did during the election?
3. What was in the front and back of Richard Daley's house?
4. Why is the Chicago race riot of 1919 an important event in Richard Daley's history?
5. What talent of Richard Daley's earned him praise from Democrats around the country?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)