|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did most Chicagoans consider the corruption within the department?
(a) The became accustomed to ethnic neighborhoods to be the consequence of human nature.
(b) They realized that selling and buying property in Chicago was more costly than it was worth, so the market dried up.
(c) A natural part of Chicago.
(d) An increasing number of voters attempted to register as Republican.
2. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) Across the street.
(b) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
(c) In the public library.
(d) Near Comisky Park.
3. What was one of Richard Daley's first achievements as mayor?
(a) He established a new affordable bus service to enhance mass transit.
(b) He won additional funds for Chicago public schools.
(c) He sought and received increased tax revenue through the Republican Governor of Illinois.
(d) He got federal funds to make Chicago streets part of the Interstate Highway system.
4. In what year was Richard Daley born?
5. After Richard Daley put his scandal behind him, what two political victories did he achieve?
(a) He helped to elect John F. Kennedy to the presidency and defeated his rival Ben Adamowski.
(b) He overwelmingly won a third term as mayor and got Vito Marzullo appointed to the federal court.
(c) He helped to elect Dan Rostenkowski to congress and defeated Robert Merriam in a second election.
(d) He helped to name Lyndon B. Johnson as John F. Kennedy's running mate and had his urban renewal plans endorsed by Martin Luther King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Richard Daley's hard work with the Democratic Central Committee?
2. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
3. Where did Daley choose to begin his urban renewal projects?
4. What happened when Richard Daley ran for his second term?
5. What happened when the incumbent mayor before Richard Daley made his appeal before the Cook County Central Committee that was chaired by Daley?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)