|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reputation of the mayor who preceded Richard Daley?
(a) He was too easy on non-voting immigrants.
(b) He was a weak token.
(c) He was too stingy with patronage jobs.
(d) He was too easy on Republicans.
2. In what year was Richard Daley born?
3. What was the name of the lawyer who investigated the relationship between Daley and Marovitz?
(a) Johnny Cochran.
(b) William Kunstler.
(c) Thurgood Marshall.
(d) F. Lee Baily.
4. What would Richard Daley do if he discovered one of his married, Catholic appointees was having an affair?
(a) He would encourge him to get marriage counceling.
(b) He would ignore it if he was a popular official.
(c) He would get pictures of the officials indiscretions and use them to coerce his cooperation.
(d) He would see to it that his public service career in Chicago came to an end.
5. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
(a) On his way to the speech.
(b) During weekends when he did not work.
(c) During free time he had over the week before he gave his speech.
(d) Over dinners with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Richard Daley earn a position in the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
2. When Joe McDonough was elected to County Treasurer, what happened to Richard Daley?
3. What was the most important rule Richard Daley learned from Joe McDonough?
4. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
5. Who was the last elected Chicago Mayor before Richard Daley?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)