|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past time of Joe McDonough helped Richard Daley earn political status and why?
(a) McDonough enjoyed deep sea diving and left the office frequently to Daley's care.
(b) McDonough spent much time at race tracks allowing Daley fill the responsibilities of McDonough's office.
(c) McDonough was a widely reputed alcoholic so Daley's departure was considered wise.
(d) McDonough was a philanderer so Daley began to sow the seeds of McDonugh's humiliation.
2. What happened when the incumbent mayor before Richard Daley made his appeal before the Cook County Central Committee that was chaired by Daley?
(a) Daley was drafted to run for Mayor.
(b) He declared that he changed parties to Republican and ran with that party.
(c) He was fired by the committee and Daley appointed himself.
(d) He died in an auto accident days before the election and Daley appointed himself as candidate after the death.
3. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
(a) In the public library.
(b) Near Comisky Park.
(c) Across the street.
(d) On the south side of Michigan Avenue.
4. What were some of the other visible changes that Richard Daley made during his first year as mayor?
(a) He hired more cops and firemen, converted empty lots into city parks, and established a new bus system.
(b) He hired more cops and firemen, and he improved roads and street lighting.
(c) He improved roads and streets, established a new bus system, and added an additional day to trash pick-up.
(d) He established a new bus system, converted empty lots into city parks, and added a day to trash pick-up.
5. What supplemental role did the Chicago Police Department perform for Richard Daley?
(a) It acted as his spy division.
(b) It made itself available for security to the Democrat Party.
(c) It provided security for visiting dignitaries.
(d) It would accomany him to important public meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Richard Daley prepare for speeches he gave to civic organizations?
2. What happened when Richard Daley ran for his second term?
3. In what year did Richard Daley win the Chairmanship of the Cook County Democratic Party?
4. What did Richard Daley persist in calling Chicago O'Hare International Airport?
5. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)