Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Chapter I?
(a) Richard Daley's boyhood home.
(b) Richard Daley's daily routine.
(c) Chicago's transformation under Richard Daley's rule.
(d) Richard Daley's political growth.
2. What was Richard Daley's unusual moral code?
(a) Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Democrat.
(b) I don't care what you do as long as I don't catch you doing it.
(c) Do as I say, not as I do.
(d) Thou shalt not steal but though shalt not blow the whistle on anybody who does.
3. Who was the president who appointed Abraham Marovitz and what year was it done?
(a) Lyndon Baines Johnson, 1967.
(b) John F. Kennedy, 1963.
(c) Harry S. Truman, 1952.
(d) John F. Kennedy, 1961.
4. In what year did Richard Daley earn a position in the Cook County Democratic Central Committee?
5. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the headquarters of the Chicago Democrat Party in relation to Richard Daley's office?
2. What did Richard Daley do if an ex-convict applied for a patronage job?
3. Richard Daley had a role in getting Abraham Marovitz appointed to what position?
4. How were the various Chicago neighborhoods sustained economically?
5. How did most Chicagoans consider the corruption within the department?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)