|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reputation of the mayor who preceded Richard Daley?
(a) He was too easy on non-voting immigrants.
(b) He was too easy on Republicans.
(c) He was a weak token.
(d) He was too stingy with patronage jobs.
2. Who was the last elected Chicago Mayor before Richard Daley?
(a) Dan Rostenkowski.
(b) Martin Kennelly.
(c) Vito Marzullo.
(d) Robert Merriam.
3. What is the topic for Chapter II?
(a) Richard Daley's rough life.
(b) Richard Daley comes of age.
(c) Chicago and organized crime.
(d) Chicago models apartied.
4. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
(a) He taught Daley the ins and outs of Chicago's political machine.
(b) He introduced Daley to his wife.
(c) He chose Daley as his Chief of Staff.
(d) He rented a room to Daley so he could get to work on time.
5. What happened when Richard Daley ran for his second term?
(a) He chose to step aside and run for state senate.
(b) Corruption and segregation caused him to be narrowly defeated by Robert Merriam.
(c) The election ended in a draw and Daley ended up being selected by the Chicago City Council.
(d) He was overwhelmingly re-elected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Richard Daley's opponent during his fourth run for Mayor?
2. What personal relationship was Richard Daley maintaining that gave him the incentive to do well when he was working for Joe McDonough in the Cook County Treasurer's Office?
3. What is a campaign tactic that Richard Daley used against all of his election opponents?
4. What skills did Richard Daley learn in the Christian Brothers technical school?
5. What was among the promises that Daley made during the campaign?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)