|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard Daley present himself as in his first campaign for Mayor?
(a) He presented himself as a hard-working family man.
(b) He ran as a skillful mediator who could handle conflicts.
(c) He ran as a law and order candidate devoted to fighting crime.
(d) He ran as a fiscal conservative who would balance budgets.
2. What were some of the other visible changes that Richard Daley made during his first year as mayor?
(a) He hired more cops and firemen, and he improved roads and street lighting.
(b) He established a new bus system, converted empty lots into city parks, and added a day to trash pick-up.
(c) He improved roads and streets, established a new bus system, and added an additional day to trash pick-up.
(d) He hired more cops and firemen, converted empty lots into city parks, and established a new bus system.
3. In what year was Richard Daley born?
4. What nickname did Richard Daley earn while national attention was focused on Chicago?
(a) "Dick the builder."
(b) "Daley the developer."
(c) "Richard the lionhearted."
(d) "Dick the bruiser."
5. What is the topic for Chapter II?
(a) Chicago and organized crime.
(b) Chicago models apartied.
(c) Richard Daley's rough life.
(d) Richard Daley comes of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joe McDonough was elected to County Treasurer, what happened to Richard Daley?
2. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
3. Who was the last elected Chicago Mayor before Richard Daley?
4. Who did Richard Daley help to get nominated for the 1956 Democratic candidate for president?
5. What were the campaign issues pressed by the Republican candidate in the 1955 Chicago mayoral election?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)