|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Richard Daley when he became a precinct captain for a South Side ward?
2. Who was Richard Daley's opponent during his fourth run for Mayor?
(a) Orlando Wilson.
(b) John Warner.
(c) Ben Adamowski.
(d) Robert Merriam.
3. In what year was Richard Daley born?
4. What role did Joe McDonough play in shaping Richard Daley's political career?
(a) He taught Daley the ins and outs of Chicago's political machine.
(b) He rented a room to Daley so he could get to work on time.
(c) He chose Daley as his Chief of Staff.
(d) He introduced Daley to his wife.
5. To what did Richard Daley credit his large majorities in African-American precincts?
(a) His decision to move into an African-American neighborhood to initiate desegregation efforts.
(b) The involvement of Martin Luther King in civil rights controversies.
(c) Street repair projects.
(d) His door-to-door campaigning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what has Richard Daley's quick rise in political influence been credited?
2. What is a campaign tactic that Richard Daley used against all of his election opponents?
3. What was Richard Daley able to accomplish with the additional funding that the Republican Governor of Illinois granted to Chicago in 1956?
4. Daley did not personally attack his opponent, but what was one of the things the Democratic Machine did during the election?
5. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)