|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the year of the election for Richard Daley's fourth term?
2. What is the name of a famous criminal that Mayor Big Bill Thompson allowed to walk freely through the streets of Chicago?
(a) John Dillinger.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
(d) Bugs Moran.
3. What was among the promises that Daley made during the campaign?
(a) He promised a chicken in every pot.
(b) He promised the sun will shine on all neighborhoods of Chicago, not just State Street.
(c) He promised that crime would be ended in Chicago.
(d) He promised jobs for everyone who wanted one.
4. What did people have to do to stay safe in Chicago while Richard Daley was growing up?
(a) Show courtesy to women and children.
(b) Stay in their own neighborhood with their own kind.
(c) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(d) Wear safety helmets.
5. What happened when the incumbent mayor before Richard Daley made his appeal before the Cook County Central Committee that was chaired by Daley?
(a) He died in an auto accident days before the election and Daley appointed himself as candidate after the death.
(b) Daley was drafted to run for Mayor.
(c) He was fired by the committee and Daley appointed himself.
(d) He declared that he changed parties to Republican and ran with that party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic for Chapter II?
2. Into what type of neighborhood was Richard Daley born?
3. What were the issues that Richard Daley's opponent raised during the election before his fourth term?
4. What were some of the other visible changes that Richard Daley made during his first year as mayor?
5. How did the public respond to Richard Daley's response to the outbreaks?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)