|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a letter she wrote, what does Konstanze say is wrong with her husband?
2. Why does Irma decide not to buy a dress?
3. As Vicki follows the stairway behind the secret panel, where does she find it leads to?
4. How is Tony's wound treated?
5. Who sees Tony get attacked by an object in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tony and George find when they open the tomb of the Count?
2. What do Tony and Vicki discover when looking at the castle's blueprints?
3. What happens when Tony and Vicki go to the cemetery at night to watch Nicolas's grave?
4. What does The Grafin tell Tony and Vicki when she sits with them at lunch?
5. What happens when Vicki secretly follows Tony down the hall at night?
6. When happens to upset Vicki when she and Tony are walking the grounds discussing suspects?
7. How does The Grafin respond when George tells her what they have discovered in the tomb of the Count?
8. What do Vicki and Tony find when they return to the library to get the items Vicki hid?
9. What happens between Tony and Vicki at the funeral service for the remains found in the tomb?
10. What are Tony and Vicki told about Schmidt when they return to the castle after chasing the cloaked figure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Grafin is a mysterious yet central character in the book.
Part 1) Describe The Grafin and her role at the castle.
Part 2) Discuss the clues The Grafin provided concerning the mystery of the relic.
Part 3) Describe what the others see when they meet in The Grafin's chambers and why she wants them to see this.
Essay Topic 2
Loose ends are tied up for many characters at the end of the book. Choose three characters and write about their final outcome. Be sure to include whether or not you think this a fair and acceptable outcome.
Essay Topic 3
Riemenschneider and the creation of his piece are central to the story.
Part 1) Who commissioned the piece of art? Why was the piece commissioned? What did the piece look like?
Part 2) What happened to Riemenschneider that made him refuse to turn the piece over? What does this tell you about Riemenschneider's character?
Part 3) According to the letters Vicki found, how was the piece supposed to arrive to the Drachenstein family? What do you think happened to the piece?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)