|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony go that he will not allow Vicki to come inside with him?
2. Why can't Vicki open the secret panel she finds at first?
3. What does Vicki use to get the secret panel open?
4. When Vicki gets the panel open what does she find at the bottom of the stairs?
5. How does Tony feel about George's offer to help in the crypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tony find out about Konstanze's trial and death?
2. What did the woman witness at Konstanze's trial testify to?
3. What do Tony and George find when they open the tomb of the Count?
4. What are Tony and Vicki told about Schmidt when they return to the castle after chasing the cloaked figure?
5. How does Vicki prove her theory to be true?
6. When happens to upset Vicki when she and Tony are walking the grounds discussing suspects?
7. What happens to Tony, Vicki, and Blankenhagen when they finally figure out where the relic is?
8. What do Tony and Vicki decide about the death of Nicolas?
9. What is the explanation for what the woman at Konstanze's trial saw?
10. What does The Grafin tell Tony and Vicki when she sits with them at lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suspicion is a theme in the book. Choose three characters that the other characters are suspicious of, what they are suspicious of, and how they came to these suspicions. Lastly, include whether or not you agree with the suspicions.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of real vs. illusion is found throughout the book. For each of the following events, write which parts of the event you think are real and which parts you think are illusions. Include which characters you think are in on the illusions and which are not: the seance, Tony's attack, and the contents of the tomb.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is often used in Borrower of the Night. Give three examples of foreshadowing and how they are used to point towards what is to come.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)