|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covers the items in the box Vicki found?
2. When Vicki returns to the library to retrieve what she has hidden, what does she find?
3. Why doesn't Tony believe Irma is faking?
4. What wound does Tony suffer from his attack by an object in the castle?
5. Who sees Tony get attacked by an object in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tony and Vicki discover when looking at the castle's blueprints?
2. What does The Grafin tell Tony and Vicki when she sits with them at lunch?
3. How does The Grafin respond when George tells her what they have discovered in the tomb of the Count?
4. What does Tony find out about Konstanze's trial and death?
5. What happens when Vicki secretly follows Tony down the hall at night?
6. What does the information about Konstanze's trial lead Vicki to believe about Irma?
7. What did the woman witness at Konstanze's trial testify to?
8. What happens to Tony, Vicki, and Blankenhagen when they finally figure out where the relic is?
9. When Blankenhagen examines the remains found in the tomb, what does he conclude?
10. What happens between Tony and Vicki at the funeral service for the remains found in the tomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Secret passages are very significant to the story. Describe both secret passages found, who knows about the passages, and what mysteries the secret passages help to solve.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is often used in Borrower of the Night. Give three examples of foreshadowing and how they are used to point towards what is to come.
Essay Topic 3
The Grafin is a mysterious yet central character in the book.
Part 1) Describe The Grafin and her role at the castle.
Part 2) Discuss the clues The Grafin provided concerning the mystery of the relic.
Part 3) Describe what the others see when they meet in The Grafin's chambers and why she wants them to see this.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)