|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the rest of the group if Tony is dead?
2. Who sees Tony get attacked by an object in the castle?
3. What is determined about the remains in the tomb that Tony opened?
4. What does Schmidt claim to have heard in the hallway, on the night that Tony is attacked by an object in the castle?
5. Why doesn't Tony believe Irma is faking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Tony and Vicki told about Schmidt when they return to the castle after chasing the cloaked figure?
2. What happens to Tony, Vicki, and Blankenhagen when they finally figure out where the relic is?
3. What does Tony find out about Konstanze's trial and death?
4. How does The Grafin respond when George tells her what they have discovered in the tomb of the Count?
5. What do Tony and Vicki decide about the death of Nicolas?
6. What do Tony and George find when they open the tomb of the Count?
7. When happens to upset Vicki when she and Tony are walking the grounds discussing suspects?
8. What theory does Vicki have about the items she found in the secret compartment?
9. What does the letter from Konstanze that Vicki finds say?
10. What does The Grafin tell Tony and Vicki when she sits with them at lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Objects play an important role in the mystery of the relic. Describe the significance of the following objects in solving the mystery of Drachenstein castle: the castle, the painting in Vicki's room, the papers in the library, the planchette triangle, and the family crypt.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of real vs. illusion is found throughout the book. For each of the following events, write which parts of the event you think are real and which parts you think are illusions. Include which characters you think are in on the illusions and which are not: the seance, Tony's attack, and the contents of the tomb.
Essay Topic 3
Vicki's has her own views and judgments based on her life experience. She often uses these views and judgments when forming an opinion of other people. Explain how Vicki's views and judgments affect the following:
1) Her opinion of Konstanze.
2) Her opinion of Schmidt and Tony.
3) Her opinion of Irma.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)