|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Irma's job at the castle?
2. Where is the dinner party that Tony and Vicki are attending being held?
3. What happens to the Ouija board at the seance?
4. What do Tony and Vicki intend to the do with the artifact if they find it?
5. When Vicki was in elementary school, what did she realize as she compared herself to the boys in her class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Tony and Vicki go after the tea party?
2. Explain why Vicki decides at only 10 years old that she will never get married.
3. What happens when Tony and Vicki are getting ready to go to a dinner party?
4. How does Jacob Myers respond when he finds out about the artifact?
5. Who is speaking through Irma, and what is the English translation of what Irma said in old German at the seance?
6. What happens to Irma at the seance?
7. Describe what happens and what Tony and Vicki learn at the afternoon tea party.
8. Who else joins Tony and Vicki at the castle?
9. What does Schmidt tell Vicki about the castle at night?
10. What do Tony and Vicki do after breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Objects play an important role in the mystery of the relic. Describe the significance of the following objects in solving the mystery of Drachenstein castle: the castle, the painting in Vicki's room, the papers in the library, the planchette triangle, and the family crypt.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following themes present in the book and give at least three examples from the book where each theme is shown: mystery, secrets, ambition, and reality vs. illusion.
Essay Topic 3
What genre is "Borrower of the Night"? Do you feel this is the most appropriate genre to present this story in? Why or Why not? Could it work as well in any other genre?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)