|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is generally thought about Riemenschneider's piece of work?
2. Who is just as excited as Vicki to see the Riemenschneider piece found?
3. Who at the castle tries to get information out of Tony and Vicki as to why they are there?
4. Where does Irma go after the seance?
5. What do Vicki and Tony read about the Riemenschneider piece of work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Vicki and Tony learn about the artifact from the letters they find?
2. Describe the relationship between Vicki and Tony.
3. What happens when Tony and Vicki are getting ready to go to a dinner party?
4. What information do Tony and Vicki learn about the lost Riemenschneider relic?
5. What happens when The Grafin finds Vicki, Tony, and George outside of Irma's room in the middle of the night?
6. At the seance, what happens with the planchette triangle and the Ouija Board?
7. What does Schmidt tell Vicki about the castle at night?
8. What does Vicki find when she arrives at the Drachenstein castle?
9. Where do Tony and Vicki go after the tea party?
10. Who is speaking through Irma, and what is the English translation of what Irma said in old German at the seance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suspicion is a theme in the book. Choose three characters that the other characters are suspicious of, what they are suspicious of, and how they came to these suspicions. Lastly, include whether or not you agree with the suspicions.
Essay Topic 2
Riemenschneider and the creation of his piece are central to the story.
Part 1) Who commissioned the piece of art? Why was the piece commissioned? What did the piece look like?
Part 2) What happened to Riemenschneider that made him refuse to turn the piece over? What does this tell you about Riemenschneider's character?
Part 3) According to the letters Vicki found, how was the piece supposed to arrive to the Drachenstein family? What do you think happened to the piece?
Essay Topic 3
George is revealed to be the cloaked figure and the one behind what is taking place at the castle.
Part 1) Describe how George reveals himself as the cloaked figure and mastermind behind the events at the castle.
Part 2) Describe who was in on the plan with George and what their involvement was.
Part 3) Describe what occurred that lead to George's death.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)