|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Vicki and Tony first search for the relic?
2. What causes Doktor Blankenhagen to stay for the seance?
3. According to the information Vicki and Tony find, who commissioned the piece from Riemenschneider?
4. What does Vicki have to work hard in life to prove?
5. Where does The Grafin give Tony permission to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Vicki and Tony learn about the artifact from the letters they find?
2. Where does Tony go after the seance and what does he find?
3. What happens when Tony and Vicki are getting ready to go to a dinner party?
4. How does Jacob Myers respond when he finds out about the artifact?
5. What does Schmidt tell Vicki about the castle at night?
6. What does Vicki find when she arrives at the Drachenstein castle?
7. At the seance, what happens with the planchette triangle and the Ouija Board?
8. How does Doktor Blankenhagen feel about the seance, and why does he stay?
9. What information do Tony and Vicki learn about the lost Riemenschneider relic?
10. What happens to Irma at the seance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most prominent theme in this book? Explain fully, with examples from the book, why you chose the theme you did.
Essay Topic 2
Secrets are being kept by everyone in the castle. Choose three characters and describe the secrets they are keeping, why they are keeping them, and whether or not you think it is necessary for them to be kept.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of real vs. illusion is found throughout the book. For each of the following events, write which parts of the event you think are real and which parts you think are illusions. Include which characters you think are in on the illusions and which are not: the seance, Tony's attack, and the contents of the tomb.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)