|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Irma go after the seance?
2. Who sets everything up for the seance?
3. What language is spoken at the seance?
4. How is the relationship between Vicki and her co-worker, Tony Lawrence, described?
5. What causes Doktor Blankenhagen to stay for the seance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who else joins Tony and Vicki at the castle?
2. How does Doktor Blankenhagen feel about the seance, and why does he stay?
3. Explain why Vicki decides at only 10 years old that she will never get married.
4. What do Vicki and Tony learn about the artifact from the letters they find?
5. What are Tony and Vicki's plans regarding the relic?
6. What do Tony and Vicki do after breakfast?
7. Describe the relationship between Vicki and Tony.
8. What information do Tony and Vicki learn about the lost Riemenschneider relic?
9. How does Jacob Myers respond when he finds out about the artifact?
10. What does Schmidt tell Vicki about the castle at night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicki is the main character and a lot is learned about her personality in the first part of the book.
Part 1) Describe how Vicki feels about herself and what some of her ideals are as a child.
Part 2) Describe how Vicki feels about herself and what some of her ideals are as a teen leading into adulthood.
Part 3) Describe how Vicki feels about herself and what some of her ideals are as an adult.
Essay Topic 2
It is clear Tony is in love with Vicki and wants to help her find the relic.
Part 1) Describe Tony.
Part 2) Describe how Tony tries to win Vicki over and the deal they make.
Part 3) Describe how Vicki feels about Tony and how you know this.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of real vs. illusion is found throughout the book. For each of the following events, write which parts of the event you think are real and which parts you think are illusions. Include which characters you think are in on the illusions and which are not: the seance, Tony's attack, and the contents of the tomb.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)