|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Irma go after the seance?
2. Where does Vicki work?
3. Who does Tony tell Vicki to keep her eye on?
4. What does Doktor Blankenhagen think about the castle?
5. What causes Doktor Blankenhagen to stay for the seance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Tony and Vicki go after the tea party?
2. What happens when Tony and Vicki are getting ready to go to a dinner party?
3. At dinner, who does Irma invite to the seance, and where will it be held?
4. What is the legend surrounding what may have happened to the Riemenschneider relic?
5. What does Vicki find when she arrives at the Drachenstein castle?
6. What do Vicki and Tony learn about the artifact from the letters they find?
7. Who do Tony and Vicki meet at the dinner party, and why does Vicki get upset with Tony?
8. Describe what happens and what Tony and Vicki learn at the afternoon tea party.
9. What does Schmidt tell Vicki about the castle at night?
10. How does Doktor Blankenhagen feel about the seance, and why does he stay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The seance is one of the most important events in the book. What happens in the seance? Who is there? What is revealed about the mystery of the relic? What ghost is supposedly there and why?
Essay Topic 2
The story of Konstanze's trial and murder is very intriguing.
Part 1) Explain the details of Konstanze's trial.
Part 2) Explain the testimony of the woman that used to work for Konstanze.
Part 3) Explain why she was put to death and how she died.
Essay Topic 3
Suspicion is a theme in the book. Choose three characters that the other characters are suspicious of, what they are suspicious of, and how they came to these suspicions. Lastly, include whether or not you agree with the suspicions.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)