|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets everything up for the seance?
2. What letters are spelled out by the forces at the seance?
3. What causes Doktor Blankenhagen to stay for the seance?
4. How is the relationship between Vicki and her co-worker, Tony Lawrence, described?
5. Where is the dinner party that Tony and Vicki are attending being held?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the seance, what happens with the planchette triangle and the Ouija Board?
2. What does The Grafin tell Vicki, George, and Tony to do after they leave Irma's room, and why do Tony and George get into an argument?
3. What happens when Tony and Vicki are getting ready to go to a dinner party?
4. What is the legend surrounding what may have happened to the Riemenschneider relic?
5. How does Irma react when everyone is leaving her room after waking her up in Chapter 4?
6. What do Vicki and Tony learn about the artifact from the letters they find?
7. How does Doktor Blankenhagen feel about the seance, and why does he stay?
8. What information do Tony and Vicki learn about the lost Riemenschneider relic?
9. What does Vicki find when she arrives at the Drachenstein castle?
10. Describe the relationship between Vicki and Tony.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicki's has her own views and judgments based on her life experience. She often uses these views and judgments when forming an opinion of other people. Explain how Vicki's views and judgments affect the following:
1) Her opinion of Konstanze.
2) Her opinion of Schmidt and Tony.
3) Her opinion of Irma.
Essay Topic 2
What genre is "Borrower of the Night"? Do you feel this is the most appropriate genre to present this story in? Why or Why not? Could it work as well in any other genre?
Essay Topic 3
Many mysteries are solved before the end of the book. Explain three mysteries in the story and how they were solved.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)