|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who at the castle tries to get information out of Tony and Vicki as to why they are there?
2. What does Schmidt warn Tony and Vicki about?
3. How does Tony try to dominate Vicki?
4. What does Jacob say he will do if the artifact is found?
5. Where do Vicki and Tony first search for the relic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Vicki and Tony.
2. At the seance, what happens with the planchette triangle and the Ouija Board?
3. Explain why Vicki decides at only 10 years old that she will never get married.
4. At dinner, who does Irma invite to the seance, and where will it be held?
5. What do Tony and Vicki do after breakfast?
6. Where does Tony go after the seance and what does he find?
7. How does Doktor Blankenhagen feel about the seance, and why does he stay?
8. How does Irma react when everyone is leaving her room after waking her up in Chapter 4?
9. Who is speaking through Irma, and what is the English translation of what Irma said in old German at the seance?
10. What information do Tony and Vicki learn about the lost Riemenschneider relic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The seance is one of the most important events in the book. What happens in the seance? Who is there? What is revealed about the mystery of the relic? What ghost is supposedly there and why?
Essay Topic 2
Suspicion is a theme in the book. Choose three characters that the other characters are suspicious of, what they are suspicious of, and how they came to these suspicions. Lastly, include whether or not you agree with the suspicions.
Essay Topic 3
Secret passages are very significant to the story. Describe both secret passages found, who knows about the passages, and what mysteries the secret passages help to solve.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)