|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they know the person whose remains are in the tomb died from a stab wound?
(a) The body has been preserved.
(b) A letter is found with the remains.
(c) A puncture wound can be seen on the remains.
(d) A dagger is found in the remains.
2. What has side tracked Vicki and Tony from their quest for the relic?
(a) The new friendships they have made.
(b) Their desire to find more gold hidden in the castle.
(c) Everything else going on in the castle.
(d) Their rocky relationship.
3. Where does Tony go that he will not allow Vicki to come inside with him?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The telegraph office.
(c) Irma's room.
(d) Schmidt's hospital room.
4. Who does George report the findings in the tomb to?
(a) The Grafin.
(c) Jacob Myers.
5. What covers the items in the box Vicki found?
(a) A bag of gemstones.
(b) Dead rats.
(c) A monogrammed handkerchief.
(d) A red scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tony and Vicki return to the castle from the cemetery, what does George tell them?
2. What wound does Tony suffer from his attack by an object in the castle?
3. What does Vicki use to get the secret panel open?
4. What does Vicki theorize when looking at the items she found in the box in the secret panel?
5. What object does Vicki discover opens the secret passage on the other side of the panel in her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Vicki returns to her room after learning about Schmidt's illness, what does she look for and what does she find?
2. What happens to Tony, Vicki, and Blankenhagen when they finally figure out where the relic is?
3. What did the woman witness at Konstanze's trial testify to?
4. When Vicki goes into the secret panel in Schmidt's room, what does she find?
5. How does Vicki prove her theory to be true?
6. What does the letter from Konstanze that Vicki finds say?
7. What do Tony and George find when they open the tomb of the Count?
8. What does Tony find out about Konstanze's trial and death?
9. What happens when Tony and Vicki go to the cemetery at night to watch Nicolas's grave?
10. When happens to upset Vicki when she and Tony are walking the grounds discussing suspects?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)