|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George offer to help Tony in the crypt?
(a) Because Tony needs more muscle.
(b) Because Tony can't be trusted.
(c) Because Vicki asks George to help Tony.
(d) Because George is sure the relic is in the crypt.
2. What does Vicki hold in her hand as the only solid evidence they have found by Chapter 8?
(a) A bullet casing.
(b) A rat-eaten paper.
(c) A letter from the Count.
(d) An angel's wing.
3. Who sees Tony get attacked by an object in the castle?
4. How does Blankenhagen describe Schmidt's condition after he nearly died?
(a) Touch and go.
(b) Stable but critical.
5. Who does Tony believe is in the tomb of the Count?
(a) The Count.
(c) Nicolas Duvenvoorde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schmidt claim to have heard in the hallway, on the night that Tony is attacked by an object in the castle?
2. What happens to Schmidt while he is in his room the night Tony is attacked by an object in the castle?
3. What does Blankenhagen casually tell everyone at breakfast, after announcing Schmidt's condition?
4. Why does George get Blankenhagen after he opens the tomb?
5. Where does Tony go that he will not allow Vicki to come inside with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the information about Konstanze's trial lead Vicki to believe about Irma?
2. What happens when Vicki secretly follows Tony down the hall at night?
3. What is the explanation for what the woman at Konstanze's trial saw?
4. What do Vicki and Tony find when they return to the library to get the items Vicki hid?
5. What theory does Vicki have about the items she found in the secret compartment?
6. How does Vicki prove her theory to be true?
7. What happens when Tony and Vicki go to the cemetery at night to watch Nicolas's grave?
8. When Blankenhagen examines the remains found in the tomb, what does he conclude?
9. What does The Grafin tell Tony and Vicki when she sits with them at lunch?
10. What happens between Tony and Vicki at the funeral service for the remains found in the tomb?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)