|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the object that attacked Tony?
(a) It vanishes.
(b) It is taken outside and put in the trash.
(c) It comes after Vicki.
(d) It shows up in Vicki's room.
2. According to Tony, how did Konstanze die?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She was stoned.
(c) She was burned at the stake.
(d) She was stabbed to death.
3. Why does Vicki think Irma is in such good spirits in Chapter 10?
(a) Because she thinks someone is in love with her.
(b) Because The Grafin is missing.
(c) Because everything is going according to plan.
(d) Because she loves having other people in the castle.
4. When everyone else is asleep in Chapter 9, where does Vicki sneak into?
(a) Schmidt's room.
(b) Tony's room.
(c) Irma's room.
(d) Blankenhagen's room.
5. Why doesn't Tony believe Irma is faking?
(a) Because she is too fragile.
(b) Because everything in the castle belongs to her.
(c) Because she genuinely seems afraid of The Grafin.
(d) Because she is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter she wrote, what does Konstanze say her husband's purpose is for wanting to get the piece of art?
2. What does Vicki theorize when looking at the items she found in the box in the secret panel?
3. What does Blankenhagen casually tell everyone at breakfast, after announcing Schmidt's condition?
4. Who does Tony believe is in the tomb of the Count?
5. Why does Vicki decide not to tell Tony about the secret passage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tony find out about Konstanze's trial and death?
2. What are Tony and Vicki told about Schmidt when they return to the castle after chasing the cloaked figure?
3. How does The Grafin respond when George tells her what they have discovered in the tomb of the Count?
4. What does the information about Konstanze's trial lead Vicki to believe about Irma?
5. What do Tony and George find when they open the tomb of the Count?
6. What happens when Vicki secretly follows Tony down the hall at night?
7. What do Vicki and Tony find when they return to the library to get the items Vicki hid?
8. What does The Grafin tell Tony and Vicki when she sits with them at lunch?
9. How does Vicki prove her theory to be true?
10. What does Vicki do with Irma outside of the castle and what is their interaction?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)