|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does George report the findings in the tomb to?
(c) The Grafin.
(d) Jacob Myers.
2. Who do Tony and Vicki discuss as the probable suspect in the events that have transpired in the castle?
(a) The cannot come up with one suspect.
3. When Vicki returns to the library to retrieve what she has hidden, what does she find?
(a) The lock on the library door has been changed.
(b) Pieces of a rat-eaten letter.
(c) Schmidt looking through the library.
(d) Everything she hid is gone.
4. Why does George get Blankenhagen after he opens the tomb?
(a) To help Schmidt who has a heart attack while hiding in the tomb.
(b) To attend to Tony whose wound has reopened.
(c) To see what they have found.
(d) To verify the remains found inside.
5. When Tony and Vicki return to the castle from the cemetery, what does George tell them?
(a) Blankenhagen is dead.
(b) Schmidt is dead.
(c) The Grafin is dead.
(d) Irma is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning after Vicki snoops around, what time does she finally awaken?
2. What does Vicki theorize when looking at the items she found in the box in the secret panel?
3. Why does Vicki think Irma is in such good spirits in Chapter 10?
4. When Vicki and Tony head to their rooms at night in Chapter 9, what does Tony tell Vicki?
5. What covers the items in the box Vicki found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tony, Vicki, Blankenhagen, and George go to Schmidt's room to see if he was the one behind Tony's attack?
2. What are Tony and Vicki told about Schmidt when they return to the castle after chasing the cloaked figure?
3. What theory does Vicki have about the items she found in the secret compartment?
4. What happens between Tony and Vicki at the funeral service for the remains found in the tomb?
5. What did the woman witness at Konstanze's trial testify to?
6. How does The Grafin respond when George tells her what they have discovered in the tomb of the Count?
7. What do Tony and Vicki decide about the death of Nicolas?
8. What does The Grafin tell Tony and Vicki when she sits with them at lunch?
9. What does the letter from Konstanze that Vicki finds say?
10. When Vicki goes into the secret panel in Schmidt's room, what does she find?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)