|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Konstanze accused of at her trial?
(a) Killing her husband.
(b) Killing her sister.
(c) Freeing Riemenschneider from prison.
(d) Lying to the King.
2. Who does Irma spend her time flirting with?
(a) George and Tony.
(b) Schmidt and Blankenhagen.
(c) Tony and Schmidt.
(d) Tony and Blankenhagen.
3. What strikes Tony and Vicki as odd about The Grafin?
(a) She doesn't seem to age.
(b) They have never seen her eat.
(c) She doesn't care that people were in the tomb.
(d) She doesn't ask any questions of them.
4. According to the blueprints, whose room has a secret exit?
(a) Blankenhagen's room.
(b) The Grafin's room.
(c) Tony's room.
(d) Irma's room.
5. When Vicki returns to the library to retrieve what she has hidden, what does she find?
(a) Pieces of a rat-eaten letter.
(b) The lock on the library door has been changed.
(c) Schmidt looking through the library.
(d) Everything she hid is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Grafin tell Vicki and Tony when she sits with them at lunch?
2. According to Tony, why was Konstanze killed?
3. Why does George offer to help Tony in the crypt?
4. What object does Tony find near the body in the tomb in Chapter 7?
5. What wound does Tony suffer from his attack by an object in the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vicki prove her theory to be true?
2. When happens to upset Vicki when she and Tony are walking the grounds discussing suspects?
3. What do Tony and Vicki decide about the death of Nicolas?
4. How does The Grafin respond when George tells her what they have discovered in the tomb of the Count?
5. What does the information about Konstanze's trial lead Vicki to believe about Irma?
6. What happens between Tony and Vicki at the funeral service for the remains found in the tomb?
7. What does The Grafin tell Tony and Vicki when she sits with them at lunch?
8. What happens when Tony and Vicki go to the cemetery at night to watch Nicolas's grave?
9. What happens when Tony, Vicki, Blankenhagen, and George go to Schmidt's room to see if he was the one behind Tony's attack?
10. What is the explanation for what the woman at Konstanze's trial saw?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)