|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George get Blankenhagen after he opens the tomb?
(a) To attend to Tony whose wound has reopened.
(b) To see what they have found.
(c) To verify the remains found inside.
(d) To help Schmidt who has a heart attack while hiding in the tomb.
2. What does Vicki learn the item in the secret box represents?
(a) The Drachenstein Family crest.
(b) The occult.
(c) The Society of Witches.
(d) The country of Spain.
3. Which object in the castle attacks Tony?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A painting.
(c) A suit of armor.
(d) A sword.
4. What does Schmidt claim to have heard in the hallway, on the night that Tony is attacked by an object in the castle?
(a) Someone screaming.
(c) Someone scratching at the wall.
(d) The crackling of a fire.
5. When Vicki returns to the library to retrieve what she has hidden, what does she find?
(a) Pieces of a rat-eaten letter.
(b) Everything she hid is gone.
(c) The lock on the library door has been changed.
(d) Schmidt looking through the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vicki find the items that were missing from her hiding spot?
2. How does Vicki prove her theory?
3. After hearing the details of Konstanze's trial and death, what does Vicki think about Irma?
4. Who does Irma spend her time flirting with?
5. When Vicki and Tony head to their rooms at night in Chapter 9, what does Tony tell Vicki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tony and Vicki discover when looking at the castle's blueprints?
2. What happens between Tony and Vicki at the funeral service for the remains found in the tomb?
3. How does Vicki prove her theory to be true?
4. What are Tony and Vicki told about Schmidt when they return to the castle after chasing the cloaked figure?
5. When Blankenhagen examines the remains found in the tomb, what does he conclude?
6. What do Tony and George find when they open the tomb of the Count?
7. What is the explanation for what the woman at Konstanze's trial saw?
8. What does Vicki do with Irma outside of the castle and what is their interaction?
9. What did the woman witness at Konstanze's trial testify to?
10. When Vicki returns to her room after learning about Schmidt's illness, what does she look for and what does she find?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)