|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Vicki follows the stairway behind the secret panel, where does she find it leads to?
(a) The great hall.
(b) Tony's room.
(c) Schmidt's room.
(d) The foyer.
2. When Vicki returns to the library to retrieve what she has hidden, what does she find?
(a) Pieces of a rat-eaten letter.
(b) The lock on the library door has been changed.
(c) Schmidt looking through the library.
(d) Everything she hid is gone.
3. Who do Tony and Vicki discuss as the probable suspect in the events that have transpired in the castle?
(b) The cannot come up with one suspect.
4. How do they know the person whose remains are in the tomb died from a stab wound?
(a) A dagger is found in the remains.
(b) The body has been preserved.
(c) A puncture wound can be seen on the remains.
(d) A letter is found with the remains.
5. Why can't Vicki open the secret panel she finds at first?
(a) Because the opening is on the other side.
(b) Because is it so old the mechanisms have broken.
(c) Because it has been nailed shut.
(d) Because it needs a secret code to be opened.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vicki, Tony, and Blankenhagen realize they know the location of the relic and are chased by a cloaked figure, where do they end up?
2. Who does Vicki secretly follow at night?
3. After hearing the details of Konstanze's trial and death, what does Vicki think about Irma?
4. When Vicki and Tony head to their rooms at night in Chapter 9, what does Tony tell Vicki?
5. What does Vicki use to get the secret panel open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tony and Vicki go to the cemetery at night to watch Nicolas's grave?
2. What happens to Tony, Vicki, and Blankenhagen when they finally figure out where the relic is?
3. What did the woman witness at Konstanze's trial testify to?
4. What happens when Vicki secretly follows Tony down the hall at night?
5. What does the information about Konstanze's trial lead Vicki to believe about Irma?
6. When Vicki goes into the secret panel in Schmidt's room, what does she find?
7. When Vicki returns to her room after learning about Schmidt's illness, what does she look for and what does she find?
8. What are Tony and Vicki told about Schmidt when they return to the castle after chasing the cloaked figure?
9. When Blankenhagen examines the remains found in the tomb, what does he conclude?
10. When happens to upset Vicki when she and Tony are walking the grounds discussing suspects?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)