|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vicki, Tony, and Blankenhagen realize they know the location of the relic and are chased by a cloaked figure, where do they end up?
(a) Inside a secret bookcase in the library.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) In a hole in the secret compartment.
(d) In The Grafin's chambers.
2. What does Vicki find in her room that leads to a secret panel?
(a) A painting that moves to the side.
(b) A desk that pulls forward.
(c) A flower that twists.
(d) A bookshelf that shifts.
3. After all they have found by the end of Chapter 7, who do Tony and Vicki think stole the relic?
(b) The Grafin.
(c) The Count.
4. After hearing the details of Konstanze's trial and death, what does Vicki think about Irma?
(a) She is only acting.
(b) She is being manipulated by Blankenhagen.
(c) She has endured a lot of hardship.
(d) She is in danger.
5. Why does George get Blankenhagen after he opens the tomb?
(a) To help Schmidt who has a heart attack while hiding in the tomb.
(b) To attend to Tony whose wound has reopened.
(c) To verify the remains found inside.
(d) To see what they have found.
6. Why do Vicki and Tony go to the cemetery at night?
(a) Because they plan to kill Blankenhagen and bury him there.
(b) Because they are afraid someone will try to dig up Nicolas' remains.
(c) Because they found a clue saying the relic was buried there.
(d) Because they received a note saying to go to the cemetery at midnight.
7. Who does Irma leave the castle with to go shopping?
(a) She goes by herself.
(b) The Grafin.
8. In a letter she wrote, what does Konstanze say is wrong with her husband?
(a) He has gone mad.
(b) He has an ill stomach.
(c) He has too many mistresses.
(d) He has fainting spells.
9. What else did Vicki find in the library besides the diary pages ?
10. How does Blankenhagen describe Schmidt's condition after he nearly died?
(b) Stable but critical.
(c) Touch and go.
11. What does The Grafin tell Vicki and Tony when she sits with them at lunch?
(a) When she got married she sold everything she had to move into the castle.
(b) When she got married she learned the Drachenstein family history.
(c) When her husband was on his deathbed he told her about the relic.
(d) When her husband was on his deathbed he told her to sold the mystery or Nicolas' death.
12. On the night Tony is attacked, what do Tony, Vicki, and George discuss late into the night?
(a) What the Grafin's motives are.
(b) Who might have tried to attack Tony.
(c) Where to search for the relic the next day.
(d) Whether or not Irma is faking.
13. What does Tony accuse Vicki of in Chapter 10?
(a) Being jealous of Irma.
(b) Falling in love with Blankenhagen.
(c) Being selfish.
(d) Being behind his attack.
14. What did a woman at Konstanze's trial testify to?
(a) Seeing Konstanze in the arms of Riemenschneider.
(b) Seeing Konstanze dancing with a ghost in the foyer.
(c) Seeing Konstanze in the arms of a winged figure.
(d) Seeing Konstanze stab her husband.
15. What does Blankenhagen casually tell everyone at breakfast, after announcing Schmidt's condition?
(a) Nicolas's grave has been desecrated.
(b) He is resigning as Irma's doctor.
(c) Irma's room has been ransacked.
(d) George is being investigated by the police for the attack on Tony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vicki secretly follow at night?
2. According to the blueprints, whose room has a secret exit?
3. What wound does Tony suffer from his attack by an object in the castle?
4. According to Tony, how did Konstanze die?
5. When Vicki returns to the secret panel and finds a box, what is inside the box?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)