|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Blankenhagen describe Schmidt's condition after he nearly died?
(a) Touch and go.
(c) Stable but critical.
2. When Vicki, Tony, and Blankenhagen realize they know the location of the relic and are chased by a cloaked figure, where do they end up?
(a) Inside a secret bookcase in the library.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) In a hole in the secret compartment.
(d) In The Grafin's chambers.
3. Who does Irma leave the castle with to go shopping?
(b) She goes by herself.
(d) The Grafin.
4. What else did Vicki find in the library besides the diary pages ?
5. What wound does Tony suffer from his attack by an object in the castle?
(a) A gash on his stomach.
(b) A severed finger.
(c) A black eye.
(d) A cut on his head.
6. When Vicki returns to the secret panel and finds a box, what is inside the box?
(a) A tin of ashes and a red substance.
(b) A green frog figurine and a gray substance.
(c) An angel's wing and a blue substance.
(d) The relic and a tan substance.
7. What does Vicki hold in her hand as the only solid evidence they have found by Chapter 8?
(a) An angel's wing.
(b) A letter from the Count.
(c) A rat-eaten paper.
(d) A bullet casing.
8. What has side tracked Vicki and Tony from their quest for the relic?
(a) Their desire to find more gold hidden in the castle.
(b) Everything else going on in the castle.
(c) The new friendships they have made.
(d) Their rocky relationship.
9. Who does Irma spend her time flirting with?
(a) Tony and Schmidt.
(b) Schmidt and Blankenhagen.
(c) Tony and Blankenhagen.
(d) George and Tony.
10. Who was the winged figure with clicking hooves that was seen with Konstanze before her death?
(a) The Count.
(c) A thief stealing the art piece.
11. When Vicki gets the panel open what does she find at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) The relic.
(b) The remains of the Count.
(c) The suit of armor that attacked Tony.
(d) A black hooded costume.
12. How does Schmidt explain the fact he is not looking well?
(a) He suffers from fainting spells.
(b) He has a heart condition.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He can't sleep at night.
13. According to Tony, how did Konstanze die?
(a) She was stabbed to death.
(b) She was stoned.
(c) She was burned at the stake.
(d) She was poisoned.
14. According to Tony, why was Konstanze killed?
(a) For committing treason.
(b) For being a witch.
(c) For stealing the piece of art.
(d) For lying to her husband.
15. According to the blueprints, whose room has a secret exit?
(a) Irma's room.
(b) Blankenhagen's room.
(c) The Grafin's room.
(d) Tony's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a woman at Konstanze's trial testify to?
2. What announcement does George make while Vicki and Tony are looking over the blueprints?
3. What do Tony and Vicki see when they are in the cemetery?
4. How do they know the person whose remains are in the tomb died from a stab wound?
5. What does Vicki learn the item in the secret box represents?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)