|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Tony and Vicki think is behind Tony's attack?
(b) The Grafin.
2. Why does George offer to help Tony in the crypt?
(a) Because Vicki asks George to help Tony.
(b) Because Tony needs more muscle.
(c) Because Tony can't be trusted.
(d) Because George is sure the relic is in the crypt.
3. When Vicki returns to the library to retrieve what she has hidden, what does she find?
(a) The lock on the library door has been changed.
(b) Everything she hid is gone.
(c) Schmidt looking through the library.
(d) Pieces of a rat-eaten letter.
4. When Vicki, Tony, and Blankenhagen realize they know the location of the relic and are chased by a cloaked figure, where do they end up?
(a) Inside a secret bookcase in the library.
(b) In The Grafin's chambers.
(c) In the cemetery.
(d) In a hole in the secret compartment.
5. How does Vicki prove her theory?
(a) By gathering the remains and looking for the substance she found in the box.
(b) By gathering the remains and taking them to Blankenhagen's friend.
(c) By confronting Irma with the items she found in the box.
(d) By confronting The Grafin with the items she found.
6. What announcement does George make while Vicki and Tony are looking over the blueprints?
(a) The Grafin is missing.
(b) The police have arrived to investigate the tomb.
(c) Schmidt has had another heart attack.
(d) There will be a funeral service for the remains found in the tomb.
7. In a letter she wrote, what does Konstanze say is wrong with her husband?
(a) He has gone mad.
(b) He has too many mistresses.
(c) He has an ill stomach.
(d) He has fainting spells.
8. Who asks the rest of the group if Tony is dead?
(b) The Grafin.
9. Who does Vicki secretly follow at night?
10. Whose tomb does George open in the crypt?
(a) Irma's mother's.
(b) Irma's father's.
(c) The Count's.
11. What does Vicki hold in her hand as the only solid evidence they have found by Chapter 8?
(a) A rat-eaten paper.
(b) A letter from the Count.
(c) A bullet casing.
(d) An angel's wing.
12. Why do Vicki and Tony go to the cemetery at night?
(a) Because they found a clue saying the relic was buried there.
(b) Because they plan to kill Blankenhagen and bury him there.
(c) Because they received a note saying to go to the cemetery at midnight.
(d) Because they are afraid someone will try to dig up Nicolas' remains.
13. Why can't Vicki open the secret panel she finds at first?
(a) Because is it so old the mechanisms have broken.
(b) Because it needs a secret code to be opened.
(c) Because it has been nailed shut.
(d) Because the opening is on the other side.
14. Where does Tony go after breakfast, the morning after his attack?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the crypt.
(c) To the library.
15. On the morning after Vicki snoops around, what time does she finally awaken?
(a) 10:30 a.m.
(b) 1 p.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Irma spend her time flirting with?
2. What wound does Tony suffer from his attack by an object in the castle?
3. What happens to Schmidt while he is in his room the night Tony is attacked by an object in the castle?
4. What happens to Tony while pursuing the figure in the cemetery?
5. What strikes Tony and Vicki as odd about The Grafin?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)