|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tony and Vicki return to the castle from the cemetery, what does George tell them?
(a) Blankenhagen is dead.
(b) Irma is dead.
(c) The Grafin is dead.
(d) Schmidt is dead.
2. What did a woman at Konstanze's trial testify to?
(a) Seeing Konstanze in the arms of a winged figure.
(b) Seeing Konstanze stab her husband.
(c) Seeing Konstanze in the arms of Riemenschneider.
(d) Seeing Konstanze dancing with a ghost in the foyer.
3. How does Tony feel about George's offer to help in the crypt?
(d) Glad to be able to keep an eye on George.
4. On the night Tony is attacked, what do Tony, Vicki, and George discuss late into the night?
(a) Whether or not Irma is faking.
(b) Where to search for the relic the next day.
(c) Who might have tried to attack Tony.
(d) What the Grafin's motives are.
5. What strikes Tony and Vicki as odd about The Grafin?
(a) She doesn't ask any questions of them.
(b) They have never seen her eat.
(c) She doesn't care that people were in the tomb.
(d) She doesn't seem to age.
6. Why doesn't Tony believe Irma is faking?
(a) Because she is too fragile.
(b) Because she genuinely seems afraid of The Grafin.
(c) Because everything in the castle belongs to her.
(d) Because she is too young.
7. What object does Tony find near the body in the tomb in Chapter 7?
(a) A rare gemstone.
(b) A locket of hair.
(c) An angel's wing.
(d) A necklace with the letter "I" engraved.
8. What does Blankenhagen casually tell everyone at breakfast, after announcing Schmidt's condition?
(a) Nicolas's grave has been desecrated.
(b) George is being investigated by the police for the attack on Tony.
(c) He is resigning as Irma's doctor.
(d) Irma's room has been ransacked.
9. What else did Vicki find in the library besides the diary pages ?
10. What object does Vicki discover opens the secret passage on the other side of the panel in her room?
(a) A lever.
(b) Pushing a book on the bookshelf.
(c) A strange looking key.
(d) A light switch.
11. What has side tracked Vicki and Tony from their quest for the relic?
(a) The new friendships they have made.
(b) Their desire to find more gold hidden in the castle.
(c) Their rocky relationship.
(d) Everything else going on in the castle.
12. What does Vicki find in her room that leads to a secret panel?
(a) A painting that moves to the side.
(b) A desk that pulls forward.
(c) A flower that twists.
(d) A bookshelf that shifts.
13. Whose tomb does George open in the crypt?
(a) Irma's mother's.
(c) The Count's.
(d) Irma's father's.
14. Why does Vicki decide not to tell Tony about the secret passage?
(a) Because she thinks he is up to something.
(b) Because she feels he may be in danger.
(c) Because she wants to find the relic first.
(d) Because she thinks he is falling in love with Irma.
15. What happens to Tony while pursuing the figure in the cemetery?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He disappears for awhile.
(c) He falls into a grave.
(d) He is hit with a large rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tony, why was Konstanze killed?
2. What is determined about the remains in the tomb that Tony opened?
3. What does Schmidt claim to have heard in the hallway, on the night that Tony is attacked by an object in the castle?
4. How does Schmidt explain the fact he is not looking well?
5. On the morning after Vicki snoops around, what time does she finally awaken?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)