|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What covers the items in the box Vicki found?
(a) Dead rats.
(b) A bag of gemstones.
(c) A red scarf.
(d) A monogrammed handkerchief.
2. What does Blankenhagen casually tell everyone at breakfast, after announcing Schmidt's condition?
(a) Nicolas's grave has been desecrated.
(b) George is being investigated by the police for the attack on Tony.
(c) Irma's room has been ransacked.
(d) He is resigning as Irma's doctor.
3. How does Blankenhagen describe Schmidt's condition after he nearly died?
(b) Stable but critical.
(c) Touch and go.
4. What happens to Schmidt while he is in his room the night Tony is attacked by an object in the castle?
(a) He is surprised by Irma hiding in his closet.
(b) He is visited by the ghost.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He is attacked.
5. On the night Tony is attacked, what do Tony, Vicki, and George discuss late into the night?
(a) What the Grafin's motives are.
(b) Who might have tried to attack Tony.
(c) Whether or not Irma is faking.
(d) Where to search for the relic the next day.
6. Why does George get Blankenhagen after he opens the tomb?
(a) To see what they have found.
(b) To attend to Tony whose wound has reopened.
(c) To help Schmidt who has a heart attack while hiding in the tomb.
(d) To verify the remains found inside.
7. When Vicki returns to the library to retrieve what she has hidden, what does she find?
(a) The lock on the library door has been changed.
(b) Pieces of a rat-eaten letter.
(c) Schmidt looking through the library.
(d) Everything she hid is gone.
8. How does Tony feel about George's offer to help in the crypt?
(a) Glad to be able to keep an eye on George.
9. What do Tony and Vicki realize as they are chasing the figure from the cemetery?
(a) They are being led into a trap.
(b) The figure appears to be a skeleton.
(c) The figure is really Irma.
(d) The figure has long blonde hair.
10. Who do Tony and Vicki think is behind Tony's attack?
(b) The Grafin.
11. How does Schmidt explain the fact he is not looking well?
(a) He can't sleep at night.
(b) He suffers from fainting spells.
(c) He has a heart condition.
(d) He is frightened.
12. What does Vicki find in her room that leads to a secret panel?
(a) A flower that twists.
(b) A painting that moves to the side.
(c) A desk that pulls forward.
(d) A bookshelf that shifts.
13. What wound does Tony suffer from his attack by an object in the castle?
(a) A cut on his head.
(b) A severed finger.
(c) A gash on his stomach.
(d) A black eye.
14. What does Vicki hold in her hand as the only solid evidence they have found by Chapter 8?
(a) A letter from the Count.
(b) A rat-eaten paper.
(c) A bullet casing.
(d) An angel's wing.
15. What do Tony and Vicki see when they are in the cemetery?
(a) A women surrounded by fire but not burned.
(b) A figure with clicking hooves.
(c) A figure dressed in white floating above a grave.
(d) A dark, cloaked figure without a head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the winged figure with clicking hooves that was seen with Konstanze before her death?
2. Where does Tony go after breakfast, the morning after his attack?
3. What does Tony accuse Vicki of in Chapter 10?
4. When Vicki and Tony head to their rooms at night in Chapter 9, what does Tony tell Vicki?
5. What happens to the object that attacked Tony?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)