|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Irma shout during the seance?
2. What do George and Jacob have in common?
(a) They both are avid hunters.
(b) They both teach the same subject.
(c) They both love Vicki.
(d) They both go after rare artifacts.
3. What causes Tony and Vicki to be late to the dinner party?
(a) They stop to do some Internet research on Riemenschneider.
(b) They get into another fight.
(c) They are engrossed in reading.
(d) They are busy kissing.
4. Where does Vicki work?
(a) At a prep school.
(b) At a large university.
(c) At a commmunity college.
(d) At a small college.
5. Who at the castle tries to get information out of Tony and Vicki as to why they are there?
(a) Irma Drachenstein.
(b) Nicolas Duvenvoorde.
(c) Doktor Blankenhagen.
(d) Herr Schmidt.
6. Where is the dinner party that Tony and Vicki are attending being held?
(a) George Nolan's house.
(b) Tony's parent's house.
(c) Jacob Myer's house.
(d) Drachenstein castle.
7. Who sets everything up for the seance?
(a) Miss Burton.
(b) The Grafin.
8. In old letters that Tony and Vicki find, what does Konstanze Drachenstein say about the piece?
(a) It was stolen in route to her home.
(b) It arrived broken.
(c) It never arrived.
(d) It arrived and was more beautiful than she imagined.
9. Why does Vicki become upset with Tony during dinner?
(a) Tony tells Jacob and George that he and Vicki are engaged.
(b) Tony tells George and Jacob about her parents' divorce.
(c) Tony puts his elbows on the table.
(d) Tony tells Jacob and George about the Riemenschneider artifact.
10. What do Vicki and Tony realize about Irma when she wakes up?
(a) She is older than they thought she was.
(b) She does not look human.
(c) She is dressed differently than the ghost.
(d) She is younger than they thought she was.
11. What does Doktor Blankenhagen think about the castle?
(a) Somebody is playing a trick on them.
(b) It should be destroyed.
(c) The castle is possessed with ghosts.
(d) There is something going on but it has nothing to do with ghosts.
12. Why is it rumored that the piece by Riemenschneider may not have been finished?
(a) Riemenschneider was imprisoned.
(b) Riemenschneider's wife died leaving him in depression.
(c) Riemenschneider died.
(d) The Drachenstein family no longer wanted the piece.
13. What happens to Irma after the words are translated?
(a) She crys.
(b) She runs from the room.
(c) She faints.
(d) She gets angry.
14. What awakes Irma from a deep sleep?
(a) The ghost.
(b) A terrible dream.
(c) A loud noise.
(d) A flashlight shining on her.
15. What does George want to do concerning the artifact?
(a) Write about it for a popular art digest.
(b) Go after it himself.
(c) Accompany Tony and Vicki to find it.
(d) Tell the autorities about Tony and Vicki's plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Grafin give Tony permission to go?
2. What message does Irma relay to Vicki and Tony at breakfast?
3. How is Irma Drachenstein described in the book?
4. When Vicki was in elementary school, what did she realize as she compared herself to the boys in her class?
5. Who is just as excited as Vicki to see the Riemenschneider piece found?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)