|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Irma Drachenstein described in the book?
(a) As an elegant elderly woman.
(b) As a frail, small girl.
(c) As an old maid.
(d) As a large, boasterous woman.
2. Who is pale and shaking in the corner during the seance?
3. What does Vicki have to work hard in life to prove?
(a) Her art expertise.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her lineage.
(d) Her desire to be promoted.
4. In the middle of the night, when Vicki, Tony, and George go to Irma's room, what do they find?
(a) She is sleeping the hallway.
(b) She is not in bed.
(c) She has stolen the information they brought with them about the artifact.
(d) Her door has been locked from the outside.
5. When Vicki arrives in Germany, what does she find has happened to the Drachenstein castle?
(a) It is exactly as it was years ago.
(b) It has been destroyed.
(c) It has been made into a hotel.
(d) It has been restored.
6. What does Schmidt warn Tony and Vicki about?
(a) George's plan to steal the artifact.
(b) A ghost that roams the halls at night.
(c) Irma's hidden motives.
(d) Doktor Blankenhagen's gun.
7. Why does Vicki become upset with Tony during dinner?
(a) Tony puts his elbows on the table.
(b) Tony tells George and Jacob about her parents' divorce.
(c) Tony tells Jacob and George that he and Vicki are engaged.
(d) Tony tells Jacob and George about the Riemenschneider artifact.
8. What does Vicki do with what she finds in the library?
(a) Gives it to Tony.
(b) Hides it under her sweater.
(c) Locks it up.
(d) Throws it in the fireplace.
9. As Vicki develops into a woman, what conflict does she notice in herself?
(a) Her feet are too small for the rest of her body.
(b) Her nose is too big for her face.
(c) She looks smarter than she is.
(d) Her body does not match her brains.
10. Where does everyone go for the seance?
(a) Into the backyard.
(b) The Grafin's chambers.
(c) Into the family crypt.
(d) Irma's room.
11. Where do Vicki and Tony first search for the relic?
(a) In the library.
(b) In Irma's room.
(c) In the family crypt.
(d) On the castle grounds.
12. What letters are spelled out by the forces at the seance?
13. When Vicki was in elementary school, what did she realize as she compared herself to the boys in her class?
(a) She was taller and smarter than they were.
(b) She was quieter and sneakier than they were.
(c) She was shorter and dumber than they were.
(d) She was more of a trouble maker than they were.
14. What does Irma beg for when she wakes up?
(a) For The Grafin to stay with her.
(b) For her stuffed bear that has been stolen.
(c) For Vicki and Tony to leave the castle.
(d) More food.
15. What does The Grafin do during the seance?
(a) Paces the room.
(b) Smiles coldly.
(c) Laughs uncontrollably.
(d) Holds a candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Irma shout during the seance?
2. Who invites Vicki, Tony, and George to a seance?
3. Who goes with Tony and Vicki to the crypt?
4. Who agrees to fund the trip to Germany to search for the artifact?
5. Who follows Vicki as she searches the castle?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)