|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Scott Jurek raised?
2. Abebe Bikila was a barefoot runner from where?
3. Caballo was filled with pride as he showed off what to the author in Chapter 26?
4. Who was very excited and wouldn't stop talking, just as he hadn't stopped talking on the bus in Chapter 23?
5. What kind of juice did someone hike five miles to bring the author in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author begin training for the race in Mexico in Chapter 27?
2. How did Caballo Blanco feel about his new home in Chapter 26? How is it described?
3. What had Jenn Shelton done to prepare for her first race? How did she perform?
4. What happened after Caballo left Hawaii, as he describes in Chapter 32?
5. What did the American runners do on their night of arrival in Chapter 21?
6. What did the author remark about Scott and Arnulfo in Chapter 30?
7. What surprised the author about the drunken couple in Chapter 21?
8. Where had Caballo Blanco originally hailed from? What was his born name?
9. What happened on the run by the Americans in the morning in Chapter 26? Who had to be rescued?
10. How did the author get fluids at the refill station in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and describe Arnulfo Quimare and Salvador Holguin and discuss the author's journey to seek Arnulfo in Chapters 3 and 4. How did they travel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the life and career of runner Ann Trason. When and where did Trason begin running? Why did she stand out?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the article written by Christopher McDougall on the Tarahumara and Caballo Blanco and the impact it had on Caballo Blanco. How did the author feel about it?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)