|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the author go with to look for the missing East Coast team in Chapter 31?
2. When was Scott Jurek born?
3. Creel is located how many kilometers to the southwest of the state capital, Chihuahua?
4. When did Christopher McDougall complete his college education?
5. When did Nike, Inc. officially take the name "Nike"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What professional sports career had Caballo begun in? What led him to running?
2. Where did Caballo Blanco go after he was in a bike accident in Chapter 32?
3. Who was Scott Jurek? How is he described in the narrative?
4. What surprised the author about the drunken couple in Chapter 21?
5. When did the runners show up for the Mexican race in Chapter 20? What concern was there about their arrival?
6. Who won the race in Mexico in Chapter 31? How did the runners feel at the end of the race?
7. How did Caballo Blanco feel about his new home in Chapter 26? How is it described?
8. What news was related of the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 23?
9. What was the first company to focus on running shoes? How is the company described in Chapter 25?
10. Who examined animals and humans from the past and present to see how they compared and contrasted in Chapter 28? What did he discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the training methods of Christopher McDougall in preparing for the Tarahumara race. Who did he work with and what style of performance did he achieve?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the article written by Christopher McDougall on the Tarahumara and Caballo Blanco and the impact it had on Caballo Blanco. How did the author feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and describe Arnulfo Quimare and Salvador Holguin and discuss the author's journey to seek Arnulfo in Chapters 3 and 4. How did they travel?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)