|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the author go with to look for the missing East Coast team in Chapter 31?
2. When was Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen published?
3. Running in padded shoes typically places more emphasis on what part of the foot?
4. Who did Caballo say might still run in the race in Chapter 23, which surprised the author?
5. On a challenge from what training partner did Scott Jurek run the Minnesota Voyager 50 Mile in 1994?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the principle concern for Caballo in the beginning of Chapter 29?
2. What does the author assert of barefoot running in Chapter 25?
3. How did Jenn learn to struggle against the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 31?
4. What happened on the run by the Americans in the morning in Chapter 26? Who had to be rescued?
5. What was the town like on the morning of the race in Chapter 31?
6. Who awoke the author in Chapter 24 for a run? What took place?
7. How did the author feel about his training for the Mexican race in Chapter 27? How did he change his diet?
8. How did the author get fluids at the refill station in Chapter 31?
9. How did the author begin training for the race in Mexico in Chapter 27?
10. Who examined animals and humans from the past and present to see how they compared and contrasted in Chapter 28? What did he discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the article written by Christopher McDougall on the Tarahumara and Caballo Blanco and the impact it had on Caballo Blanco. How did the author feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the city of Leadville, Colorado, and the history and origins of the Leadville Trail 100. Who developed the race and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dr. Joe Vigil and his interest in the Leadville Trail 100. What did Vigil know about runner's psychology?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)