|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Caballo say might still run in the race in Chapter 23, which surprised the author?
(b) Martimano Cervantes.
(c) Arnulfo Quimare.
2. What did Caballo Blanco change his name to from Michael Hickman?
(a) David Carrier.
(b) Scott Jurek.
(c) Micah True.
(d) Joe Torg.
3. After the author first met Caballo, he tried to run without what, to no avail?
(b) A sweatband.
4. Nike, Inc. was founded on January 25, 1964 with what name?
(a) Sportus Maximus.
(b) Blue Ribbon Sports.
(c) Extreme Sports Inc.
(d) Gold Medal Sports.
5. What periodical hired Christopher McDougall to write a cover story about why America hasn't been hit by another terrorist attack since September 11?
(a) The New York Times Magazine.
(b) New York Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author worked with Eric on his running in Chapter 27, who sent him for some specialized training with a man named what?
2. Who came in second place in the race in Chapter 31?
3. Where was Scott Jurek raised?
4. What kind of names did Caballo use when introducing the Americans to the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 29?
5. What describes itself as "the world's toughest foot race," beginning in California's Death Valley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the principle concern for Caballo in the beginning of Chapter 29?
2. What surprised the author about the drunken couple in Chapter 21?
3. Who was Scott Jurek? How is he described in the narrative?
4. Describe Jenn and Billy in the narrative. Where did they meet?
5. Who awoke the author in Chapter 24 for a run? What took place?
6. What professional sports career had Caballo begun in? What led him to running?
7. What was the town like on the morning of the race in Chapter 31?
8. How did the author get fluids at the refill station in Chapter 31?
9. How did Jenn learn to struggle against the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 31?
10. Why was the author seeking Caballo Blanco in the beginning of Chapter 20?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)