|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name do the indigenous people of the Taramuhara call themselves?
2. What is the location where the Tarahumara make their home?
(a) The Marble Canyons.
(b) The Silver Canyons.
(c) The Jade Canyons.
(d) The Copper Canyons.
3. What did Martimano send Shaggy and Juan up ahead of him to do in Chapter 16?
(a) Win the race.
(b) Catch the witch.
(c) Supply runners with water.
(d) Dig holes in the trail.
4. Where was Emil Zatopek from?
5. Who holds the record of the oldest man to ever complete the Leadville Trail 100 race at the age of 70?
(a) Charles Williams.
(b) Scott Jurek.
(c) Billy Barnett.
(d) Matt Carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the 72-mile station in Chapter 16, Ann Trason was leading by how much?
2. Where is the Leadville Trail 100 held annually?
3. Who came in second place in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
4. How long was the race through the canyons in Guachochi where Salvador had seen the greatest Taramuhara runner?
5. What did the author realize was the reason Caballo Blanco had been angry in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did viewers respond to the Tarahumara runners at their first attempt at the Leadville Trail 100?
2. What did the author discover about Caballo Blanco as they ate lunch in Chapter 7?
3. What did the author learn from the schoolteacher of the Tarahumara in Chapter 6?
4. How did the Tarahumara change their running strategy in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
5. What do magazine and sports articles discuss about the impacts of running on the body in Chapter 2? What was the author's doctor's advice to him?
6. What was the principle obstacle for the author and his assistant in finding the Tarahumara in Chapter 3?
7. Who developed the Leadville Trail 100? What extreme circumstances did racers face?
8. What were the author's impressions upon first meeting Caballo Blanco in Chapter 1?
9. Why did Dr. Joe Vigil attend the Leadville Trail 100 in Chapter 13?
10. How did Ann Trason perform in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)