|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ann Trason work when she decided to run the Leadville Trail 100?
(a) A national park.
(b) A community college.
(c) A sewage treatment plant.
(d) A doctor's office.
2. Who noticed that Martimano was not running with a smooth rhythm in Chapter 16?
(a) Arnulfo Quimare.
(b) Dr. Joe Vigil.
(c) Rick Fisher.
(d) Caballo Blanco.
3. What tribe in the book was known for its health, serenity, and love of running?
(a) The Ojibwa.
(b) The Apache.
(c) The Paiute.
(d) The Tarahumara.
4. Where is the Leadville Trail 100 held annually?
(a) Leadville, Colorado.
(b) Boulder, Colorado.
(c) Laramie, Wyoming.
(d) Cody, Wyoming.
5. What village which was known for its great runners did the Tarahumara teacher tell the author about in Chapter 5?
(a) Mesa de la Yerbabuena.
(b) Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the 60-mile mark, Ann Trason was how far ahead of the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 14?
2. Emil Zatopek was best known for winning three gold medals at which Summer Olympics?
3. What did Caballo Blanco suggest the author focus on in his running in Chapter 17?
4. In 1993, what 52 year-old Tarahumara runner came in first in the Leadville Trail 100?
5. In Chapter 8, Caballo Blanco described how Rick Fisher became friends with a Taramuhara man and asked if he could take him to what ancient Tarahumara ball race?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rick Fisher develop his business plan for the Tarahumara in Chapter 8?
2. What did the author know about Caballo Blanco and the Tarahumara when he set out on his journey to seek them?
3. How does the author describe the destination Salvador led him to in Chapter 4?
4. What did Dr. Joe Vigil remark about the Tarahumara runners' styles in the Leadville Race 100?
5. What did Rick realize after the 1992 Leadville Trail 100?
6. How is the Leadville Trail 100 described in the text?
7. Who was Ann Trason? How is she described in the text?
8. What doctor did the author go to see in Chapter 2? What was the doctor's assertion of running on the body?
9. What did the author discover about Caballo Blanco as they ate lunch in Chapter 7?
10. How did Rick Fisher behave after the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)