|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author knew that drug runners for the Mexican cartels hated what in Chapter 3?
(a) Politicians and investors.
(b) Police and the army.
(c) Musicians and journalists.
(d) Athletes and librarians.
2. According to the author, the joy that the Tarahumara runners experienced while running stemmed from what?
3. What is the location where the Tarahumara make their home?
(a) The Silver Canyons.
(b) The Copper Canyons.
(c) The Jade Canyons.
(d) The Marble Canyons.
4. Who was referred to as a tall white man who spoke his own unique language and appeared sporadically to the Tarahumara in Chapter 5?
(a) Christopher McDougall.
(b) Charles Williams.
(c) Matt Carpenter.
(d) Caballo Blanco.
5. Who knew about running and the psychology of running and was at the race to see what he was missing in Chapter 13?
(a) Dr. Joe Vigil.
(b) Dr. Joe Torg.
(c) Dr. Lieberman.
(d) Dr. Bramble.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, the author learned that Caballo Blanco always arrived at what time?
2. The Copper Canyons are located in the southwestern part of what state in Mexico?
3. What was a group of hearty partying llama owners called who set up camp to help injured runners in Chapter 14?
4. Who came in first in the race in Chapter 16?
5. At what elevation did a group of hearty partying llama owners set up camp to help injured runners in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What in particular about the Leadville Trail 100 appealed to Dr. Joe Vigil?
2. How is Rick Fisher described by the author in Chapter 8? What were Fisher's principle motivations?
3. Why did Dr. Joe Vigil attend the Leadville Trail 100 in Chapter 13?
4. How did the Tarahumara team change in the 1993 Leadville Trail 100? What were their shoes like?
5. How is the Leadville Trail 100 described in the text?
6. How did Ann Trason perform in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
7. Who was Emil Zatopek? How is his running style described?
8. What did Rick realize after the 1992 Leadville Trail 100?
9. What do magazine and sports articles discuss about the impacts of running on the body in Chapter 2? What was the author's doctor's advice to him?
10. What led the author to seek medical advice about running and later inspired him to write the book?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)