|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what mark in the race did Ann Trason's mule join her in Chapter 14?
(a) 77-mile mark.
(b) 105-mile mark.
(c) 25-mile mark.
(d) 50-mile mark.
2. The Tarahumara language belongs to what family?
3. Where did Ann Trason struggle as the Taramuhara were effortlessly catching up to her in Chapter 14?
(a) Red Rocks Pass.
(b) Hope Pass.
(c) Terror Pass.
(d) Enlightenment Pass.
4. At the 72-mile station in Chapter 16, Ann Trason was leading by how much?
(a) 55 minutes.
(b) 22 minutes.
(c) 35 minutes.
(d) 47 minutes.
5. Who was there when Juan and Martimano came through and was struck by the fact that they were laughing and enjoying the run in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location where the Tarahumara make their home?
2. In what year did Ann Trason run the Leadville Trail 100?
3. The only person the author found who knew anything of Caballo Blanco was an editor of what magazine in Chapter 18?
4. The author's doctor recommended that he quit running or at least use what in Chapter 2?
5. The Copper Canyons are located in the southwestern part of what state in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rick Fisher behave after the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
2. How did the Tarahumara runners perform in the 1993 Leadville Trail 100?
3. What did Dr. Joe Vigil find astounding about Ann's performance in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
4. How is the Leadville Trail 100 described in the text?
5. How is Rick Fisher described by the author in Chapter 8? What were Fisher's principle motivations?
6. What did the author know about Caballo Blanco and the Tarahumara when he set out on his journey to seek them?
7. Who was Emil Zatopek? How is his running style described?
8. What did Rick realize after the 1992 Leadville Trail 100?
9. Who was Ann Trason? How is she described in the text?
10. Who paid the author to seek the Tarahumara for a story in Chapter 3? How did the author begin setting up his trip?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)