|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who woke up the author at the crack of dawn on a freezing morning to see if he wanted to sneak in a run in Chapter 24?
(a) Carl and Luis.
(b) Ken and Scott.
(c) Luis and Scott.
(d) Carl and Ken.
2. The author changed his diet to consume more what in Chapter 27?
(a) Fruits and vegetables.
(b) Fats and sugars.
(c) Breads and grains.
(d) Beers and liquors.
3. Who won the race in Chapter 31?
(a) Caballo Blanco.
(b) Salvador Holguin.
(c) Arnulfo Quimare.
(d) Juan Herrera.
4. Who insisted that he was going to go into the canyons barefoot in Chapter 24?
5. What kind of names did Caballo use when introducing the Americans to the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 29?
(a) Constellation names.
(b) Animal names.
(c) Tree names.
(d) River names.
6. What had led to Caballo Blanco's hospital visit when he decided to change his life, as described in Chapter 32?
(a) A car crash.
(b) Being kicked by a donkey.
(c) A bar fight.
(d) A bike accident.
7. Caballo was worried that who would offend the Tarahumara with his incessant chatter in Chapter 29?
(a) Matt Carpenter.
(b) Barefoot Ted.
(c) Arnulfo Quimare.
(d) Billy Barnett.
8. Where did Caballo Blanco meet a hermit who introduced love of running to him?
9. What is Barefoot Ted's last name?
10. When did Christopher McDougall complete his college education?
11. Who, along with the author, helped in rescuing two of the runners in Chapter 26?
12. Running in padded shoes typically places more emphasis on what part of the foot?
(a) The five bones of the midfoot.
(b) The instep.
(c) The heel.
(d) The lateral edge of the forefoot.
13. After the author first met Caballo, he tried to run without what, to no avail?
(c) A sweatband.
14. Who hiked five miles to bring the author juice in Chapter 31?
15. What was prepared to perform in the town in Chapter 31?
(a) A mariachi band.
(b) Two soccer teams.
(c) A children's choir.
(d) A circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the founders of Nike, Inc.?
2. Jenn Shelton and her boyfriend met where, as described in Chapter 22?
3. Where did Scott Jurek attend college?
4. When was Jenn Shelton born?
5. Jenn Shelton found her strength in what parts of the race in Chapter 31?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)