|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was very excited and wouldn't stop talking, just as he hadn't stopped talking on the bus in Chapter 23?
(a) Barefoot Ted.
(b) Caballo Blanco.
(c) Scott Jurek.
(d) Christopher McDougall.
2. When was Jenn Shelton born?
3. What startled the author over a cliff during the race in Chapter 31?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A coral snake.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A vulture.
4. The author changed his diet to consume more what in Chapter 27?
(a) Fruits and vegetables.
(b) Beers and liquors.
(c) Fats and sugars.
(d) Breads and grains.
5. What is the second-highest waterfall in Mexico, located near Creel?
(a) Basaseachic Falls.
(b) Juanacatlán Falls.
(c) Cola de Caballo.
(d) Cascada de Texolo.
6. When did Nike, Inc. officially take the name "Nike"?
7. Jenn Shelton dropped out of college to focus on what?
(a) Finding work.
(b) Caring for loved ones.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Physical training.
8. What kind of names did Caballo use when introducing the Americans to the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 29?
(a) Constellation names.
(b) Animal names.
(c) River names.
(d) Tree names.
9. What disease did Scott Jurek's mother suffer from?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
10. What young scientist is described in Chapter 28 who discovered that the intake of air was a critical element for a runner?
(a) Emil Zapotek.
(b) Victoriano Churro.
(c) David Carrier.
(d) Charles Williams.
11. Where did Jenn Shelton attend college?
(a) The University of South Carolina.
(b) The University of North Carolina.
(c) The University of West Virginia.
(d) The University of Virginia.
12. Who cheated and were disqualified in the race in Chapter 31?
(a) The east coast runners.
(b) The Urique Tarahumara.
(c) Jenn and Billy.
13. What periodical hired Christopher McDougall to write a cover story about why America hasn't been hit by another terrorist attack since September 11?
(b) New York Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) The New York Times Magazine.
14. Over dinner in Chapter 23, Caballo shared the news that who had been killed?
15. Running in padded shoes typically places more emphasis on what part of the foot?
(a) The lateral edge of the forefoot.
(b) The instep.
(c) The heel.
(d) The five bones of the midfoot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the corn beer made by the Tarahumara Indians?
2. When was Christopher McDougall born?
3. Who did an amazing job throughout the morning run in Chapter 26?
4. On a challenge from what training partner did Scott Jurek run the Minnesota Voyager 50 Mile in 1994?
5. After the author first met Caballo, he tried to run without what, to no avail?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)