|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the corn beer made by the Tarahumara Indians?
2. Caballo was worried that who would offend the Tarahumara with his incessant chatter in Chapter 29?
(a) Barefoot Ted.
(b) Matt Carpenter.
(c) Billy Barnett.
(d) Arnulfo Quimare.
3. Where was Scott Jurek raised?
(a) Huntley, Illinois.
(b) Marquette, Michigan.
(c) Rhinelander, Wisconsin.
(d) Proctor, Minnesota.
4. What kind of names did Caballo use when introducing the Americans to the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 29?
(a) River names.
(b) Tree names.
(c) Constellation names.
(d) Animal names.
5. Who did an amazing job throughout the morning run in Chapter 26?
(a) Barefoot Ted.
(b) Scott Jurek.
(c) Caballo Blanco.
(d) Ann Trason.
6. The general Tarahumara term for an alcoholic beverage is what?
7. With shoeless human running, what is the part of the foot which strikes the ground with the most force?
(a) The lateral edge of the forefoot.
(b) The heel.
(c) The five bones of the midfoot.
(d) The instep.
8. What periodical hired Christopher McDougall to track down a fugitive Mexican pop star named Gloria Trevi?
(a) New York Magazine.
(b) The New York Times Magazine.
(c) Rolling Stone.
9. After the author first met Caballo, he tried to run without what, to no avail?
(a) A sweatband.
10. What is Barefoot Ted's last name?
11. Who, along with the author, helped in rescuing two of the runners in Chapter 26?
12. What startled the author over a cliff during the race in Chapter 31?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A coral snake.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A cougar.
13. Christopher McDougall spent how many years as a foreign correspondent for the Associated Press?
14. Nike, Inc. was founded on January 25, 1964 with what name?
(a) Sportus Maximus.
(b) Blue Ribbon Sports.
(c) Extreme Sports Inc.
(d) Gold Medal Sports.
15. What young scientist is described in Chapter 28 who discovered that the intake of air was a critical element for a runner?
(a) Charles Williams.
(b) David Carrier.
(c) Emil Zapotek.
(d) Victoriano Churro.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, the author was back in Mexico and he only had how much time to find Caballo?
2. Jenn Shelton was on a high while running, embracing every second until she reached what marker in Chapter 22?
3. Tegla Loroupe is a long-distance track and road runner from where?
4. When was Christopher McDougall born?
5. Jenn Shelton and her boyfriend met where, as described in Chapter 22?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)