|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Scott Jurek attend college?
(a) The College of St. Peter.
(b) The College of St. James.
(c) The College of St. Scholastica.
(d) The College of St. Mary.
2. Creel is located how many kilometers to the southwest of the state capital, Chihuahua?
3. Who did an amazing job throughout the morning run in Chapter 26?
(a) Scott Jurek.
(b) Barefoot Ted.
(c) Caballo Blanco.
(d) Ann Trason.
4. What sport had Caballo Blanco participated in professionally before running?
(b) Mountain biking.
5. Nike, Inc. was founded on January 25, 1964 with what name?
(a) Sportus Maximus.
(b) Blue Ribbon Sports.
(c) Gold Medal Sports.
(d) Extreme Sports Inc.
6. What describes itself as "the world's toughest foot race," beginning in California's Death Valley?
(a) The Mt. Whitney Ultramarathon.
(b) The Burning Sands Ultramarathon.
(c) The Badwater Ultramarathon.
(d) The Sierra Endurance Ultramarathon.
7. In Chapter 20, the author was back in Mexico and he only had how much time to find Caballo?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 72 hours.
(d) 36 hours.
8. When was Christopher McDougall born?
9. Who hiked five miles to bring the author juice in Chapter 31?
10. After the author first met Caballo, he tried to run without what, to no avail?
(b) A sweatband.
11. Who did Caballo say might still run in the race in Chapter 23, which surprised the author?
(c) Arnulfo Quimare.
(d) Martimano Cervantes.
12. Scott Jurek did not begin running long distances until when?
(a) His freshman year in high school.
(b) His senior year in college.
(c) His junior year in college.
(d) His sophmore year in high school.
13. Running in padded shoes typically places more emphasis on what part of the foot?
(a) The lateral edge of the forefoot.
(b) The five bones of the midfoot.
(c) The heel.
(d) The instep.
14. In Chapter 24, Caballo hadn't slept all night because of what?
(a) He was having nightmares.
(b) He was at a party.
(c) Something that he ate.
(d) He hated being in town.
15. The night before the race in Chapter 30, how many competitors were there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Caballo Blanco change his name to from Michael Hickman?
2. What had led to Caballo Blanco's hospital visit when he decided to change his life, as described in Chapter 32?
3. When was Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen published?
4. With shoeless human running, what is the part of the foot which strikes the ground with the most force?
5. Jenn Shelton and her boyfriend met while working as what, as described in Chapter 22?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)