|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Caballo Blanco suggest the author focus on in his running in Chapter 17?
(a) Love, flowers, and rain.
(b) Food, alcohol, and sex.
(c) Easy, light, smooth, and fast.
(d) Pain, defeat, and anger.
2. When did the author go to see a doctor due to foot pain in Chapter 2?
(a) August, 1998.
(b) May, 2004.
(c) June, 1995.
(d) January, 2001.
3. Who did the author hire to help him track down the Tarahumara in Chapter 3?
(a) Salvador Holguin.
(b) Victoriano Churro.
(c) Arnulfo Quimare.
(d) Juan Herrera.
4. Who came in first in the race in Chapter 16?
(a) Victoriano Churro.
(b) Juan Herrera.
(c) Arnulfo Quimare.
(d) Salvador Holguin.
5. What was Caballo Blanco known as to the Tarahumara people?
6. By what name do the indigenous people of the Taramuhara call themselves?
7. As of 2003, Ann Trason's mark at the Leadville Trail 100 was ranked what by any runner?
(a) Second best.
(b) Fifth best.
(c) Eighth best.
(d) Fourth best.
8. Why were the Tarahumara runners unprepared for their first race at the Leadville Trail 100?
(a) They didn't wear sunscreen.
(b) They weren't used to the elevation.
(c) They didn't have sunglasses.
(d) They didn't understand shoes.
9. Ann Trason is just over how tall?
10. According to the author, the joy that the Tarahumara runners experienced while running stemmed from what?
11. How many world records has Ann Trason broken during her career?
12. After how many days of traveling did Salvador announce that they had arrived at their destination in Chapter 4?
13. When the author had the opportunity to meet some of the teacher's students in Chapter 6, which among them stood out to the author?
14. Ann Trason's ultra career began when she entered the 1985 American River 50 Miler at what age?
15. When did Emil Zatopek die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ann Trason struggle as the Taramuhara were effortlessly catching up to her in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 8, Caballo Blanco described how Rick Fisher became friends with a Taramuhara man and asked if he could take him to what ancient Tarahumara ball race?
3. When was the author reading a magazine while on assignment in Mexico in Chapter 2?
4. At the 60-mile mark, Ann Trason was how far ahead of the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 14?
5. When was the Barefoot Runners Society founded in the United States?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)