|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was referred to as a tall white man who spoke his own unique language and appeared sporadically to the Tarahumara in Chapter 5?
(a) Caballo Blanco.
(b) Christopher McDougall.
(c) Matt Carpenter.
(d) Charles Williams.
2. Runners in the Leadville Trail 100 race climb and descend how many feet?
3. What refers to the seasonal movement of people with their livestock over relatively short distances, typically to higher pastures in summer and to lower valleys in winter?
(c) Human mobility.
(d) Spectrum syndrome.
4. Where did Ann Trason struggle as the Taramuhara were effortlessly catching up to her in Chapter 14?
(a) Hope Pass.
(b) Terror Pass.
(c) Red Rocks Pass.
(d) Enlightenment Pass.
5. When was the author reading a magazine while on assignment in Mexico in Chapter 2?
(a) Spring of 2000.
(b) Fall of 2002.
(c) Summer of 2001.
(d) Winter of 2003.
6. Who came in first in the race in Chapter 16?
(a) Salvador Holguin.
(b) Arnulfo Quimare.
(c) Victoriano Churro.
(d) Juan Herrera.
7. Who came in third place in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
(a) Christopher McDougall.
(b) Billy Barnett.
(c) Salvador Holguin.
(d) Martimano Cervantes.
8. By what name do the indigenous people of the Taramuhara call themselves?
9. The Leadville Trail 100 is an ultramarathon held annually on trails and dirt roads through the heart of what mountains?
(a) The Appalachian Mountains.
(b) The Rocky Mountains.
(c) The Sierra Nevada Mountains.
(d) The White Mountains.
10. Ann Trason is just over how tall?
11. As of 2003, Ann Trason's mark at the Leadville Trail 100 was ranked what by any runner?
(a) Fifth best.
(b) Fourth best.
(c) Second best.
(d) Eighth best.
12. What was the name of the Tarahumara schoolteacher with whom the author spoke in Chapter 5?
13. When did the author go to see a doctor due to foot pain in Chapter 2?
(a) January, 2001.
(b) May, 2004.
(c) June, 1995.
(d) August, 1998.
14. Where was Emil Zatopek from?
15. Who was there when Juan and Martimano came through and was struck by the fact that they were laughing and enjoying the run in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author knew that drug runners for the Mexican cartels hated what in Chapter 3?
2. The Copper Canyons are located in the southwestern part of what state in Mexico?
3. Who came in second place in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
4. The author's doctor recommended that he quit running or at least use what in Chapter 2?
5. When was Ann Trason born?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)