|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author realize was the reason Caballo Blanco had been angry in Chapter 7?
(a) Caballo Blanco was very hungry.
(b) Caballo Blanco hadn't slept in two days.
(c) Caballo Blanco was offended by a gesture.
(d) Caballo Blanco was late for a meeting.
2. In 1993, what 52 year-old Tarahumara runner came in first in the Leadville Trail 100?
(a) Caballo Blanco.
(b) Juan Herrera.
(c) Victoriano Churro.
(d) Martimano Cervantes.
3. Who holds the record of the oldest man to ever complete the Leadville Trail 100 race at the age of 70?
(a) Charles Williams.
(b) Matt Carpenter.
(c) Scott Jurek.
(d) Billy Barnett.
4. How old was Ann Trason when she ran the Leadville Trail 100?
5. Who was Ann Trason's mule in the race in Chapter 14?
6. The Copper Canyons are located in the southwestern part of what state in Mexico?
(a) Baja California.
7. Who was there when Juan and Martimano came through and was struck by the fact that they were laughing and enjoying the run in Chapter 14?
8. What did Martimano send Shaggy and Juan up ahead of him to do in Chapter 16?
(a) Win the race.
(b) Catch the witch.
(c) Dig holes in the trail.
(d) Supply runners with water.
9. Runners in the Leadville Trail 100 race climb and descend how many feet?
10. At the 60-mile mark, Ann Trason was how far ahead of the Tarahumara runners in Chapter 14?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 21 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
11. Ann Trason is just over how tall?
12. What refers to the seasonal movement of people with their livestock over relatively short distances, typically to higher pastures in summer and to lower valleys in winter?
(a) Spectrum syndrome.
(d) Human mobility.
13. What was Caballo Blanco known as to the Tarahumara people?
14. When was Emil Zatopek born?
15. After how many days of traveling did Salvador announce that they had arrived at their destination in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emil Zatopek from?
2. When was the author reading a magazine while on assignment in Mexico in Chapter 2?
3. At what elevation does the Leadville Trail 100 begin?
4. In Chapter 1, the author learned that Caballo Blanco always arrived at what time?
5. What was a group of hearty partying llama owners called who set up camp to help injured runners in Chapter 14?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)