|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came in second place in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
(a) Jenn Trason.
(b) Ann Shelton.
(c) Ann Trason.
(d) Jenn Shelton.
2. Who did the author contact in Chapter 18, hoping he had met with Caballo Blanco at Leadville, but realized he had not?
(a) Dr. Joe Torg.
(b) Dr. Joe Vigil.
(c) Dr. Lieberman.
(d) Dr. Bramble.
3. The first non-Tarahumara runner to finish was almost how far behind the winner in the Leadville Trail 100 race in 1993?
(a) Forty minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
4. What is the town where Caballo went to find Internet access in Chapter 17?
5. What is the location where the Tarahumara make their home?
(a) The Copper Canyons.
(b) The Silver Canyons.
(c) The Jade Canyons.
(d) The Marble Canyons.
6. The Tarahumara language belongs to what family?
7. What did the author and his hired assistant find themselves surrounded by at one crucial part during their journey in Chapter 3?
(a) Angry natives.
(b) An army batallion.
(c) Marijuana fields.
(d) A cocaine processing camp.
8. What was Caballo Blanco known as to the Tarahumara people?
9. Who was there when Juan and Martimano came through and was struck by the fact that they were laughing and enjoying the run in Chapter 14?
10. At the 72-mile station in Chapter 16, Ann Trason was leading by how much?
(a) 35 minutes.
(b) 55 minutes.
(c) 22 minutes.
(d) 47 minutes.
11. What did the second team of Tarahumara runners use to fashion shoes for the Leadville Trail 100 race?
(a) Tire rubber.
(b) Pieces of wood.
(c) Old clothing.
(d) Pieces of a tarp.
12. Where is the Leadville Trail 100 held annually?
(a) Leadville, Colorado.
(b) Cody, Wyoming.
(c) Laramie, Wyoming.
(d) Boulder, Colorado.
13. Who was referred to as a tall white man who spoke his own unique language and appeared sporadically to the Tarahumara in Chapter 5?
(a) Caballo Blanco.
(b) Christopher McDougall.
(c) Matt Carpenter.
(d) Charles Williams.
14. What tribe in the book was known for its health, serenity, and love of running?
(a) The Paiute.
(b) The Ojibwa.
(c) The Apache.
(d) The Tarahumara.
15. How had the author felt after his article was published in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the race through the canyons in Guachochi where Salvador had seen the greatest Taramuhara runner?
2. What was a group of hearty partying llama owners called who set up camp to help injured runners in Chapter 14?
3. When did the author go to see a doctor due to foot pain in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 1, the author learned that Caballo Blanco always arrived at what time?
5. Caballo Blanco's father had been of what profession?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)