|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stepped out of the small hut to greet the author and his assistant in Chapter 4?
(a) Salvador Holguin.
(b) Juan Herrera.
(c) Arnulfo Quimare.
(d) Victoriano Churro.
2. Where is Ann Trason from?
(a) Ashland, Oregon.
(b) Elko, Nevada.
(c) Kensington, California.
(d) Yakima, Washington.
3. When the author had the opportunity to meet some of the teacher's students in Chapter 6, which among them stood out to the author?
4. Running in padded shoes typically places more emphasis on what part of the foot?
(a) The instep.
(b) The five bones of the midfoot.
(c) The lateral edge of the forefoot.
(d) The heel.
5. The first non-Tarahumara runner to finish was almost how far behind the winner in the Leadville Trail 100 race in 1993?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. On a challenge from what training partner did Scott Jurek run the Minnesota Voyager 50 Mile in 1994?
2. According to the author, the joy that the Tarahumara runners experienced while running stemmed from what?
3. Runners in the Leadville Trail 100 race climb and descend how many feet?
4. On what college team did Jenn Shelton play while earning her degree?
5. At the 72-mile station in Chapter 16, Ann Trason was leading by how much?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)