|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abebe Bikila was a barefoot runner from where?
2. What scientist realized that man could literally run an animal, such as a deer, to death as described in Chapter 28?
(a) Dr. Torg.
(b) Dr. Vigil.
(c) Dr. Lieberman.
(d) Dr. Bramble.
3. Tegla Loroupe is a long-distance track and road runner from where?
(d) South Africa.
4. When did Christopher McDougall complete his college education?
5. How many world records has Ann Trason broken during her career?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theory that the evolution of certain human characteristics can be explained as adaptations to long-distance running?
2. What village which was known for its great runners did the Tarahumara teacher tell the author about in Chapter 5?
3. Jenn Shelton dropped out of college to focus on what?
4. By the time he headed back to Mexico for the race, the author was able to do runs for how long without worry of pain or injury in Chapter 27?
5. Who did Caballo Blanco say he met in Leadville in Chapter 32?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)