|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name was Caballo Blanco born with?
(a) Victoriano Churro.
(b) Barefoot Ted.
(c) Michael Randall Hickman.
(d) Salvador Holguin.
2. Who was Ann Trason's mule in the race in Chapter 14?
3. Who called to say that he could show how an antelope could be run to death, which he had learned in the bush, in Chapter 28?
(a) Arnulfo Quimare.
(b) Louis Liebenberg.
(c) Matt Carpenter.
(d) Scott Jurek.
4. At what elevation did a group of hearty partying llama owners set up camp to help injured runners in Chapter 14?
(a) 10,000 feet.
(b) 8,500 feet.
(c) 16,450 feet.
(d) 12,600 feet.
5. Caballo was filled with pride as he showed off what to the author in Chapter 26?
(a) His hut.
(b) His trophies.
(c) His car.
(d) His garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Leadville Trail 100 held annually?
2. Who holds the record of the oldest man to ever complete the Leadville Trail 100 race at the age of 70?
3. Nike takes it's name from a Greek goddess of what?
4. Caballo Blanco's father had been of what profession?
5. The only person the author found who knew anything of Caballo Blanco was an editor of what magazine in Chapter 18?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)