|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, the author was back in Mexico and he only had how much time to find Caballo?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 72 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
2. In Chapter 8, Caballo Blanco described how Rick Fisher became friends with a Taramuhara man and asked if he could take him to what ancient Tarahumara ball race?
(a) The jiprapi.
(b) The aparaji.
(c) The pirajara.
(d) The rarajipari.
3. How many runners were on the Tarahumara team that took on Ann Trason in 1994?
4. Ann Trason overtook the Tarahumara runners at what mark in the Leadville Trail 100 in Chapter 13?
(a) 28-mile mark.
(b) 12-mile mark.
(c) 23-mile mark.
(d) 40-mile mark.
5. When did Emil Zatopek die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was there when Juan and Martimano came through and was struck by the fact that they were laughing and enjoying the run in Chapter 14?
2. By what name do the indigenous people of the Taramuhara call themselves?
3. Creel is located how many kilometers to the southwest of the state capital, Chihuahua?
4. What was the name of the Tarahumara schoolteacher with whom the author spoke in Chapter 5?
5. The Rocky Mountains stretch more than how many miles?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)