|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scott Jurek began running long distances when he started cross training with running to prepare for what?
(a) Ocean swimming.
(b) Nordic skiing.
(c) Long jump.
2. Who was known to be the greatest living Taramuhara runner in Chapter 3?
(a) Arnulfo Quimare.
(b) Salvador Holguin.
(c) Juan Herrera.
(d) Victoriano Churro.
3. Where was Emil Zatopek from?
4. Emil Zatopek was best known for winning three gold medals at which Summer Olympics?
5. When does Caballo Blanco say that Rick Fisher decided get the Taramuhara tribe some PR in Chapter 8?
(a) The late 1980s.
(b) The mid 1990s.
(c) The early 1990s.
(d) The mid 1980s.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long of a jog was the author on when he felt a shooting pain in his foot in Chapter 2?
2. What name was Caballo Blanco born with?
3. The Leadville Trail 100 is an ultramarathon held annually on trails and dirt roads through the heart of what mountains?
4. On a challenge from what training partner did Scott Jurek run the Minnesota Voyager 50 Mile in 1994?
5. Rick Fisher was an arrogant wilderness photographer from where?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)