|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, the joy that the Tarahumara runners experienced while running stemmed from what?
2. Over dinner in Chapter 23, Caballo shared the news that who had been killed?
3. Jenn Shelton was on a high while running, embracing every second until she reached what marker in Chapter 22?
(a) 101-mile marker.
(b) 87-mile marker.
(c) 75-mile marker.
(d) 92-mile marker.
4. What did the second team of Tarahumara runners use to fashion shoes for the Leadville Trail 100 race?
(a) Pieces of wood.
(b) Pieces of a tarp.
(c) Tire rubber.
(d) Old clothing.
5. Scott Jurek did not begin running long distances until when?
(a) His senior year in college.
(b) His freshman year in high school.
(c) His sophmore year in high school.
(d) His junior year in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Ann Trason run the Leadville Trail 100?
2. How many world records has Ann Trason broken during her career?
3. In Chapter 8, Caballo Blanco described how Rick Fisher became friends with a Taramuhara man and asked if he could take him to what ancient Tarahumara ball race?
4. What is the second-highest waterfall in Mexico, located near Creel?
5. At the 72-mile station in Chapter 16, Ann Trason was leading by how much?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)