|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rocky Mountains stretch more than how many miles?
2. What periodical assigned an article to the author in Chapter 3?
(a) "Fitness Monthly."
(b) "Runner's World Magazine."
(c) "Western Runner."
(d) "Trail Running Digest."
3. The Copper Canyons are located in the southwestern part of what state in Mexico?
(a) Baja California.
4. What was Caballo Blanco known as to the Tarahumara people?
5. By what name do the indigenous people of the Taramuhara call themselves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ann Trason when she ran the Leadville Trail 100?
2. In Chapter 11, Rick Fisher promised that team Taramuhara would be back the following year and the event became major garnering the attention of what sports corporation?
3. At the 72-mile station in Chapter 16, Ann Trason was leading by how much?
4. In Chapter 8, Caballo Blanco described how Rick Fisher became friends with a Taramuhara man and asked if he could take him to what ancient Tarahumara ball race?
5. What was a group of hearty partying llama owners called who set up camp to help injured runners in Chapter 14?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)