|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Caballo Blanco originally hail from?
2. Ann Trason overtook the Tarahumara runners at what mark in the Leadville Trail 100 in Chapter 13?
(a) 40-mile mark.
(b) 28-mile mark.
(c) 23-mile mark.
(d) 12-mile mark.
3. How long was the race through the canyons in Guachochi where Salvador had seen the greatest Taramuhara runner?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 35 miles.
(c) 44 miles.
(d) 26 miles.
4. How old was Ann Trason when she ran the Leadville Trail 100?
5. What was the name of the Tarahumara schoolteacher with whom the author spoke in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was referred to as a tall white man who spoke his own unique language and appeared sporadically to the Tarahumara in Chapter 5?
2. Who did the author hire to help him track down the Tarahumara in Chapter 3?
3. What tribe in the book was known for its health, serenity, and love of running?
4. What did the author and his hired assistant find themselves surrounded by at one crucial part during their journey in Chapter 3?
5. How many runners were on the Tarahumara team that took on Ann Trason in 1994?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)