|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the seasonal movement of people with their livestock over relatively short distances, typically to higher pastures in summer and to lower valleys in winter?
(a) Human mobility.
(c) Spectrum syndrome.
2. What did Rick Fisher promise the Tarahumara runners in exchange for racing in the Leadville Trail 100?
3. Where is the Leadville Trail 100 held annually?
(a) Cody, Wyoming.
(b) Boulder, Colorado.
(c) Laramie, Wyoming.
(d) Leadville, Colorado.
4. At what elevation did a group of hearty partying llama owners set up camp to help injured runners in Chapter 14?
(a) 10,000 feet.
(b) 12,600 feet.
(c) 8,500 feet.
(d) 16,450 feet.
5. What was Caballo Blanco known as to the Tarahumara people?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many runners were on the Tarahumara team that took on Ann Trason in 1994?
2. Ann Trason overtook the Tarahumara runners at what mark in the Leadville Trail 100 in Chapter 13?
3. The author's doctor recommended that he quit running or at least use what in Chapter 2?
4. What periodical assigned an article to the author in Chapter 3?
5. At what elevation does the Leadville Trail 100 begin?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)