|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 2003, Ann Trason's mark at the Leadville Trail 100 was ranked what by any runner?
(a) Fifth best.
(b) Fourth best.
(c) Second best.
(d) Eighth best.
2. In Chapter 11, Rick Fisher promised that team Taramuhara would be back the following year and the event became major garnering the attention of what sports corporation?
(b) Sports Illustrated.
3. Who noticed that Martimano was not running with a smooth rhythm in Chapter 16?
(a) Arnulfo Quimare.
(b) Dr. Joe Vigil.
(c) Caballo Blanco.
(d) Rick Fisher.
4. Caballo Blanco's father had been of what profession?
(a) Navy deck sergeant.
(b) Army general.
(c) Marine Corps gunnery sergeant.
(d) Coast Guard helicopter mechanic.
5. What did the teacher give to the author which gave tremendous energy in Chapter 6?
(a) A drink.
(b) A meal.
(c) A pill.
(d) A powder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name did the author mention to Caballo Blanco to catch his attention in Chapter 7?
2. Before they left the school teacher's home, the author had a chance to see some of the students and witness what in Chapter 6?
3. Emil Zatopek was best known for winning three gold medals at which Summer Olympics?
4. The author's doctor recommended that he quit running or at least use what in Chapter 2?
5. How long was the race through the canyons in Guachochi where Salvador had seen the greatest Taramuhara runner?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)