|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had the author felt after his article was published in Chapter 18?
2. Caballo Blanco's father had been of what profession?
(a) Coast Guard helicopter mechanic.
(b) Marine Corps gunnery sergeant.
(c) Army general.
(d) Navy deck sergeant.
3. What did the author and his hired assistant find themselves surrounded by at one crucial part during their journey in Chapter 3?
(a) Marijuana fields.
(b) An army batallion.
(c) Angry natives.
(d) A cocaine processing camp.
4. What did Martimano send Shaggy and Juan up ahead of him to do in Chapter 16?
(a) Supply runners with water.
(b) Catch the witch.
(c) Dig holes in the trail.
(d) Win the race.
5. In what year did Ann Trason run the Leadville Trail 100?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the current course record holder in the Leadville Trail 100 race?
2. Who was Ann Trason's mule in the race in Chapter 14?
3. The Leadville Trail 100 is an ultramarathon held annually on trails and dirt roads through the heart of what mountains?
4. What is a mountain range in western Mexico where the Copper Canyons are located?
5. What 25 year-old Tarahumara runner won in a record time of 17:40 that stood for 11 years at the Leadville Trail 100?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)