|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What periodical assigned an article to the author in Chapter 3?
(a) "Runner's World Magazine."
(b) "Western Runner."
(c) "Fitness Monthly."
(d) "Trail Running Digest."
2. When was the author reading a magazine while on assignment in Mexico in Chapter 2?
(a) Fall of 2002.
(b) Spring of 2000.
(c) Winter of 2003.
(d) Summer of 2001.
3. How much did the author weigh when he went to see a doctor about his foot in Chapter 2?
(a) 230 lbs.
(b) 150 lbs.
(c) 212 lbs.
(d) 185 lbs.
4. By what name do the indigenous people of the Taramuhara call themselves?
5. Where did Ann Trason struggle as the Taramuhara were effortlessly catching up to her in Chapter 14?
(a) Red Rocks Pass.
(b) Terror Pass.
(c) Enlightenment Pass.
(d) Hope Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1993, what 52 year-old Tarahumara runner came in first in the Leadville Trail 100?
2. Where did Caballo Blanco originally hail from?
3. When was Emil Zatopek born?
4. Who did the author contact in Chapter 18, hoping he had met with Caballo Blanco at Leadville, but realized he had not?
5. Caballo Blanco's father had been of what profession?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)