|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ann Trason work when she decided to run the Leadville Trail 100?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) A national park.
(c) A sewage treatment plant.
(d) A community college.
2. How much did the author weigh when he went to see a doctor about his foot in Chapter 2?
(a) 230 lbs.
(b) 185 lbs.
(c) 150 lbs.
(d) 212 lbs.
3. What is the location where the Tarahumara make their home?
(a) The Jade Canyons.
(b) The Silver Canyons.
(c) The Marble Canyons.
(d) The Copper Canyons.
4. Where is Ann Trason from?
(a) Yakima, Washington.
(b) Kensington, California.
(c) Elko, Nevada.
(d) Ashland, Oregon.
5. Before they left the school teacher's home, the author had a chance to see some of the students and witness what in Chapter 6?
(a) A soccer match.
(b) A running game.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A game of hide and seek.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Leadville Trail 100 is an ultramarathon held annually on trails and dirt roads through the heart of what mountains?
2. The first non-Tarahumara runner to finish was almost how far behind the winner in the Leadville Trail 100 race in 1993?
3. What did the author realize was the reason Caballo Blanco had been angry in Chapter 7?
4. What 25 year-old Tarahumara runner won in a record time of 17:40 that stood for 11 years at the Leadville Trail 100?
5. In Chapter 1, after the author learned that Caballo Blanco always arrived at a certain time, he was disappointed to realize it was currently what time?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)