|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 2003, Ann Trason's mark at the Leadville Trail 100 was ranked what by any runner?
(a) Eighth best.
(b) Fifth best.
(c) Second best.
(d) Fourth best.
2. How many world records has Ann Trason broken during her career?
3. What periodical assigned an article to the author in Chapter 3?
(a) "Trail Running Digest."
(b) "Western Runner."
(c) "Runner's World Magazine."
(d) "Fitness Monthly."
4. When was the Leadville Trail 100 first run?
5. What village which was known for its great runners did the Tarahumara teacher tell the author about in Chapter 5?
(a) Mesa de la Yerbabuena.
(d) Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the race through the canyons in Guachochi where Salvador had seen the greatest Taramuhara runner?
2. What refers to the seasonal movement of people with their livestock over relatively short distances, typically to higher pastures in summer and to lower valleys in winter?
3. Who holds the record of the oldest man to ever complete the Leadville Trail 100 race at the age of 70?
4. What did the author and his hired assistant find themselves surrounded by at one crucial part during their journey in Chapter 3?
5. What was the name of the Tarahumara schoolteacher with whom the author spoke in Chapter 5?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)