|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Christopher McDougall?
2. How much did the author weigh when he went to see a doctor about his foot in Chapter 2?
(a) 150 lbs.
(b) 212 lbs.
(c) 185 lbs.
(d) 230 lbs.
3. What periodical assigned an article to the author in Chapter 3?
(a) "Fitness Monthly."
(b) "Western Runner."
(c) "Runner's World Magazine."
(d) "Trail Running Digest."
4. Who did the author hire to help him track down the Tarahumara in Chapter 3?
(a) Juan Herrera.
(b) Salvador Holguin.
(c) Victoriano Churro.
(d) Arnulfo Quimare.
5. Who was referred to as a tall white man who spoke his own unique language and appeared sporadically to the Tarahumara in Chapter 5?
(a) Matt Carpenter.
(b) Charles Williams.
(c) Caballo Blanco.
(d) Christopher McDougall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe in the book was known for its health, serenity, and love of running?
2. What did the author and his hired assistant find themselves surrounded by at one crucial part during their journey in Chapter 3?
3. What did the teacher give to the author which gave tremendous energy in Chapter 6?
4. What village which was known for its great runners did the Tarahumara teacher tell the author about in Chapter 5?
5. Caballo Blanco's father had been of what profession?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)