|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before they left the school teacher's home, the author had a chance to see some of the students and witness what in Chapter 6?
(a) A soccer match.
(b) A game of hide and seek.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A running game.
2. What village which was known for its great runners did the Tarahumara teacher tell the author about in Chapter 5?
(c) Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl.
(d) Mesa de la Yerbabuena.
3. Where is Ann Trason from?
(a) Elko, Nevada.
(b) Kensington, California.
(c) Ashland, Oregon.
(d) Yakima, Washington.
4. What was the name of the Tarahumara schoolteacher with whom the author spoke in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 8, Caballo Blanco described how Rick Fisher became friends with a Taramuhara man and asked if he could take him to what ancient Tarahumara ball race?
(a) The rarajipari.
(b) The aparaji.
(c) The jiprapi.
(d) The pirajara.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1993, what 52 year-old Tarahumara runner came in first in the Leadville Trail 100?
2. As of 2003, Ann Trason's mark at the Leadville Trail 100 was ranked what by any runner?
3. Whose name did the author mention to Caballo Blanco to catch his attention in Chapter 7?
4. What refers to the seasonal movement of people with their livestock over relatively short distances, typically to higher pastures in summer and to lower valleys in winter?
5. Where did Ann Trason work when she decided to run the Leadville Trail 100?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)