|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ann Trason struggle as the Taramuhara were effortlessly catching up to her in Chapter 14?
(a) Red Rocks Pass.
(b) Enlightenment Pass.
(c) Hope Pass.
(d) Terror Pass.
2. In 1993, what 52 year-old Tarahumara runner came in first in the Leadville Trail 100?
(a) Victoriano Churro.
(b) Martimano Cervantes.
(c) Juan Herrera.
(d) Caballo Blanco.
3. How many world records has Ann Trason broken during her career?
4. In Chapter 8, Caballo Blanco described how Rick Fisher became friends with a Taramuhara man and asked if he could take him to what ancient Tarahumara ball race?
(a) The aparaji.
(b) The pirajara.
(c) The rarajipari.
(d) The jiprapi.
5. Who were the founders of Nike, Inc.?
(a) Francis Jefferson and Edmund Douglas.
(b) John Anderson and Roger Thompson.
(c) Bill Bowerman and Philip Knight.
(d) Steve Mayflower and Paul Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Leadville Trail 100 first run?
2. The night before the race in Chapter 30, how many competitors were there?
3. It was how long before they were going to leave to meet the Tarahumara as Chapter 29 opened?
4. When was the Barefoot Runners Society founded in the United States?
5. Who called to say that he could show how an antelope could be run to death, which he had learned in the bush, in Chapter 28?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)