|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ann Trason from?
(a) Kensington, California.
(b) Elko, Nevada.
(c) Yakima, Washington.
(d) Ashland, Oregon.
2. Who were the founders of Nike, Inc.?
(a) John Anderson and Roger Thompson.
(b) Steve Mayflower and Paul Johnson.
(c) Bill Bowerman and Philip Knight.
(d) Francis Jefferson and Edmund Douglas.
3. Caballo was worried that who would offend the Tarahumara with his incessant chatter in Chapter 29?
(a) Arnulfo Quimare.
(b) Matt Carpenter.
(c) Billy Barnett.
(d) Barefoot Ted.
4. What refers to the seasonal movement of people with their livestock over relatively short distances, typically to higher pastures in summer and to lower valleys in winter?
(b) Spectrum syndrome.
(d) Human mobility.
5. It was how long before they were going to leave to meet the Tarahumara as Chapter 29 opened?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 10 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came in third place in the 1994 Leadville Trail 100?
2. After the author first met Caballo, he tried to run without what, to no avail?
3. The Leadville Trail 100 is an ultramarathon held annually on trails and dirt roads through the heart of what mountains?
4. In Chapter 30, the author had noted on their journey that both Arnulfo and who shared the same gait and also the same joy and passion?
5. With shoeless human running, what is the part of the foot which strikes the ground with the most force?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)