|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before the race in Chapter 30, how many competitors were there?
2. What refers to the seasonal movement of people with their livestock over relatively short distances, typically to higher pastures in summer and to lower valleys in winter?
(a) Spectrum syndrome.
(b) Human mobility.
3. With shoeless human running, what is the part of the foot which strikes the ground with the most force?
(a) The five bones of the midfoot.
(b) The lateral edge of the forefoot.
(c) The heel.
(d) The instep.
4. Where did Ann Trason work when she decided to run the Leadville Trail 100?
(a) A community college.
(b) A national park.
(c) A sewage treatment plant.
(d) A doctor's office.
5. Tegla Loroupe is a long-distance track and road runner from where?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the author contact in Chapter 18, hoping he had met with Caballo Blanco at Leadville, but realized he had not?
2. Where did Ann Trason struggle as the Taramuhara were effortlessly catching up to her in Chapter 14?
3. The only person the author found who knew anything of Caballo Blanco was an editor of what magazine in Chapter 18?
4. Whose name did the author mention to Caballo Blanco to catch his attention in Chapter 7?
5. Who noticed that Martimano was not running with a smooth rhythm in Chapter 16?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)