|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kovic describes the cross country group as being a/an:
2. Who moves with Kovic?
3. People thank Kovic for what?
4. Where does Kovic meet a woman?
5. How did Kovic and friends feel after the rally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kovic's reaction to the number of people in attendance?
2. Discuss Kovic's foray into the anti-war movement.
3. Describe Kovic's choice to move to California. Who went with him?
4. Who is the woman Kovic meets at a rally? How does the relationship develop between them?
5. What was the one story that Kovic was unwilling to share with the crowds?
6. How does Kovic react to getting his own apartment? Where was it located?
7. Discuss Kovic's arrival in Miami, on the way to the convention. How did the crowd react to Kovic's arrival?
8. Briefly describe the conversations at the parade about other veterans.
9. What was a typical daily ritual for Kovic in regards to religion?
10. What does Kovic eventually deduce about his relationship with Helen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Watch interviews with Ron Kovic to get a better opinion of the man's protestations about the war. Write an opinion about Kovic's stand in the media and how it may have helped and or hindered the cause. What kind of press does Kovic get these days? Has the public opinion changed any regarding Kovic? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and how it affects veterans of all ages as well as soldiers still in service. What causes it? What are the symptoms? What are the treatments? Is there a cure? What can be done about it?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think about the general was really indifferent to the situation or was attempting to be professional and appropriately sympathetic? Discuss how you might feel in the same situation. Examine it from both sides. Also examine military protocol regarding the visiting of soldiers and the meting out of commendations and awards during peace time and during war time. What changes?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)