|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kovic's destination?
2. Who helped to push Kovic's wheelchair?
3. In which town?
4. What city is host to the big convention?
5. Which television station does the anchor work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the one story that Kovic was unwilling to share with the crowds?
2. How does Kovic react to getting his own apartment? Where was it located?
3. Discuss how Kovic prepares for the Memorial Day Parade.
4. Where does Kovic often go for entertainment? What did he do there?
5. What happens to Kovic when Spiro Agnew takes the stage at the rally?
6. What does Kovic speak about on camera during his live interview with the reporter?
7. Who is the woman Kovic meets at a rally? How does the relationship develop between them?
8. Explain Kovic's interaction with police when he is arrested at Nixon's campaign headquarters.
9. What is Kovic's reaction to the number of people in attendance?
10. Describe Kovic's choice to move to California. Who went with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a Purple Heart? Why is it given to soldiers? Name some scenarios in which a purple heart would be awarded to a soldier. Have you ever seen a purple heart? If so, who did it belong to? Compare and contrast the purple heart to similar medals and commendations given out by other countries. How have the traditions changed over the years?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the level of participation in Vietnam by each branch of the military. Which was most involved? Why? What might have changed the face of the war? In your opinion, should the US have been involved in Vietnam? Explain. Who made the better argument for the American presence in Vietnam - the Nixon administration or the protesters and anti-war movement?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the current presidential administration and its approach to war with the Nixon administration. What was the biggest difference? Is/was one administration more effective? Explain.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)