|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was lying on the ground in the village?
(b) Dead children.
2. What happened in the village?
(a) Great harvest.
(d) Drum circle.
3. What holiday was being celebrated?
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
4. Kovic describes the cross country group as being a/an:
5. Kovic refers to Nixon as being a:
(b) Drug addict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Members of the crowd scream, "Stop the _____!"
2. What topic does Kovic address in his speech?
3. What did Kovic read to the crowd?
4. Kovic was often pushed aside by which group?
5. Who makes sure Kovic isn't seen on camera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kovic eventually deduce about his relationship with Helen?
2. Who is the woman Kovic meets at a rally? How does the relationship develop between them?
3. What was a typical daily ritual for Kovic in regards to religion?
4. Discuss how Kovic prepares for the Memorial Day Parade.
5. Where does Kovic often go for entertainment? What did he do there?
6. What happens to Kovic when Spiro Agnew takes the stage at the rally?
7. Discuss Kovic's foray into the anti-war movement.
8. Describe Kovic's choice to move to California. Who went with him?
9. What is Kovic's reaction to the number of people in attendance?
10. Discuss Kovic's attempts to catch the attention of the media. Who was the target? Who responded?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)