|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kovic do when he first stands up for his mother?
(d) Falls down.
2. What was Kovic's favorite childhood sport?
3. What is the character's first name?
4. Which game was commonly played by the boys at night?
(b) Mother May I?
(c) Red Light, Green Light.
(d) Simon Says.
5. Which activity interested the boys when they weren't playing outside?
(d) Board games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men from what other war are in the same hospital?
2. How old is Kovic at this point?
3. What type of award was it?
4. For which sports team did Kovic try out?
5. What was Mr. Kovic's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Kovic's religious childhood rituals.
2. Explain the scene in which the general visits the soldiers in hospital.
3. Discuss some of Kovic's trials and tribulations as a teenager.
4. What is one of the main things that cause the deep depression in Kovic?
5. What did Kovic do during the summer months? Who was often with him during that time?
6. What is the purpose of calling a priest to visit to Kovic?
7. What was a favorite childhood sport of Kovic's?
8. Discuss Kovic's views on Communism and the space race.
9. Explain the opening scene in the book BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY by Ron Kovic.
10. What did Ron Kovic's father do for a living?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)