|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ward was Kovic placed in at the hospital?
(d) Intensive Care Unit.
2. Who issues the award?
(b) Drill Sergeant.
(d) Vice President.
3. According to the book, which of the following no longer has meaning?
4. What patient often feeds the unwanted visitors?
5. What was the name of the award received?
(a) Silver Cross.
(b) Badge of Valor.
(c) Meritorius Service.
(d) Conspicuous Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Castiglia considered going into which profession?
2. Who was not among the people killed?
3. What was the first name of the boy that often played with Kovic?
4. What was the name of the kid Kovic often spent time in the summers?
5. What event did Kovic perform on the track team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Kovic's religious childhood rituals.
2. What did Ron Kovic's father do for a living?
3. Describe Kovic's first morning in the hospital.
4. What is the purpose of calling a priest to visit to Kovic?
5. What are Kovic's physical therapy instructions?
6. How does Kovic refer to the other soldiers in the hospital?
7. What is the first thing Kovic notices missing when he wakes up on the battlefield?
8. Explain the scene in which the general visits the soldiers in hospital.
9. Kovic and his friends often played what kinds of games in the woods?
10. Where did the boys often play? What was their fantasy?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)