|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jimmy?
(a) Kovic's younger brother.
2. What was Mr. Kovic's job?
(b) Cab driver.
3. What unwanted person or thing occupies the ward?
4. Where did Mr. Kovic work?
(d) New York Times.
5. What part of the body is most affected?
6. What ward was Kovic placed in at the hospital?
(a) Intensive Care Unit.
7. What is fed to the visitors?
8. Which game was commonly played by the boys at night?
(b) Mother May I?
(c) Red Light, Green Light.
(d) Simon Says.
9. What activity was routine for Kovic on Saturday nights?
(c) Board games.
10. What was the boy's last name?
11. Who is the first character mentioned?
12. What was the name of the award received?
(a) Meritorius Service.
(b) Silver Cross.
(c) Conspicuous Service.
(d) Badge of Valor.
13. What item is given to the soldiers?
(a) Bad news.
(c) Purple heart.
(d) Discharge papers.
14. What is the name of the man who vomits and curses at everyone?
15. Who visits the soldier before surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soldier's rank?
2. The story begins in what location?
3. Who is Dick?
4. The next thing the character notices is that what item is missing?
5. The hospital was named after which saint?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)