|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kovic claims to have been in Vietnam how many times?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
2. What word does not describe the hospital?
3. Men from what other war are in the same hospital?
(d) Civil War.
4. What ward was Kovic placed in at the hospital?
(c) Intensive Care Unit.
5. The story begins in what location?
(a) Parents' home.
(c) Psych ward.
6. What item is given to the soldiers?
(a) Purple heart.
(c) Discharge papers.
(d) Bad news.
7. What does Kovic do when he first stands up for his mother?
(c) Falls down.
8. In what year did Kovic join the marines?
9. In what month did Kovic join the marines?
10. How long does Kovic stay in the hospital?
(a) One week.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
11. What event did Kovic perform on the track team?
(a) Long jump.
(d) Pole vault.
12. In what uncomfortable place does Kovic have to wear a tube?
13. What medical procedure did Kovic have to face on the first day?
(b) Heart surgery.
14. Who issues the award?
(a) Drill Sergeant.
(b) Vice President.
15. Where is Kovic sent after leaving the hospital?
(c) Back to the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kovic's bus headed?
2. What was Kovic's favorite childhood sport?
3. The soldier wakes up at what location?
4. If Kovic's debt is paid he can:
5. Castiglia considered going into which profession?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)