|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character mentioned?
2. What word does not describe the hospital?
3. The next thing the character notices is that what item is missing?
4. What item is given to the soldiers?
(a) Discharge papers.
(b) Bad news.
(c) Purple heart.
5. What was the first name of the friend that often went to the stadium with Kovic?
6. What part of the body is most affected?
7. Kovic begins to:
(b) Write letters.
(c) Plan an escape.
8. How does the character feel at this point?
9. Which activity interested the boys when they weren't playing outside?
(b) Board games.
10. If Kovic's debt is paid he can:
(a) Forget about it.
(b) Move forward.
(d) Go back to work.
11. Who is Dick?
(d) Kovic's father.
12. What event did Kovic perform on the track team?
(a) Long jump.
(b) Pole vault.
13. In what year did Kovic join the marines?
14. What was the name of the staff member that performed the procedure?
15. Kovic refers to the other soldiers as:
(b) Jell-O brains.
(c) Hunks of flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kovic do when he first stands up for his mother?
2. What type of patients are in with Kovic?
3. What was given to the soldier before surgery?
4. What was Mr. Kovic's job?
5. What part of the body did the bullet hit?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)