|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dream did Daniel have the night before his public recitation of pi?
(a) There were too many people watching him at the recitation.
(b) He was walking among his pi number landscapes.
(c) He was lost walking in Oxford.
(d) He lost his concentration during the recitation.
2. Daniel sees a tarakona in his kitchen. What is that?
(a) An ant.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A grasshopper.
3. Who meets Daniel at the airport on his return trip to London?
4. What is the value of pi?
(a) 3 1/7
5. How many hours did it take Daniel to publicly recite pi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Daniel to be interested in learning Spanish?
2. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
3. How many digits of pi was Daniel able to recite to beat the record?
4. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
5. Whose photo does Daniel keep on the dresser in his kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Daniel so enthralled with pi?
2. When Daniel returns to his family's new home after a year in Lithuania, why must he readjust to living there?
3. What locations in Iceland fascinated Daniel the most? Why?
4. During his training for Volunteer Services, what were the main learning goals for Daniel and the class?
5. What is Daniel's relationship with words?
6. Why did Daniel spend his first weekend in Kaunas inside his new apartment?
7. What had Daniel learned during his year in Kaunas?
8. Why do you think the woman who interviewed Daniel at the Volunteer Services Overseas office might have thought he was a perfect candidate to teach English overseas?
9. When Daniel goes on an interview for a library position, why does he most likely not get the job?
10. Describe Daniel's state of mind as he recited pi for an audience for more than five hours.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)