|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tammet family moved several times. One of the homes was located:
(a) Next door to the school bully.
(b) Down the street from where his father worked.
(c) Just across the road from the ice cream store.
(d) Just across the street from his school.
2. When Daniel talks to himself, it helps him in what way?
(a) Practice having a conversation.
(b) Hear his own voice.
(c) Calm down and focus.
(d) Understand what he is doing.
3. Who in Daniel's family had also suffered from epilepsy?
(a) His mother's father.
(b) His maternal aunt.
(c) His father's father.
(d) His father's brother.
4. In Chapter 6, Daniel goes into detail to explain a certain mathematical topic. Which topic is that?
(d) Prime numbers.
5. What diet did Daniel prefer as a child?
(a) Orange vegetables and bacon.
(b) Potatoes, juice, and crackers.
(c) Cereal, bread, and milk.
(d) Candy and meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Daniel eat his lunch with on the first day of secondary school?
2. About how many children in Britain with an autistic spectrum disorder develop a certain type of epilepsy by adolescence?
3. What health issue did Daniel's grandfather have?
4. Where did Daniel's father end up living for a year and a half when he was a child?
5. What is frontotemporal dementia (FTD)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Daniel consider his parents to be his heroes?
2. Daniel seems to cry nonstop as a baby even into his first year of life. What is his parent's attitude toward constant crying?
3. Daniel's poor coordination made swimming and learning to ride a bike difficult for him. How did he eventually learn these skills?
4. Why didn't learning in class come easily to Daniel?
5. Why did Daniel never get to meet his paternal grandfather?
6. What differentiates people with Asperger's syndrome?
7. Why was Daniel able to score so well on weekly vocabulary or spelling tests?
8. What led Daniel to make up his imaginary friend, Anne?
9. Why did the workers at the nursery school Daniel attended not try very hard to make him play with the other children?
10. When Daniel began secondary school, why did he go to the library during recess and eat lunch alone?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)