|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daniel always look for in the library when he was younger?
(a) A book about numbers.
(b) Books about savants.
(c) A book with his name on it.
(d) The most colorful books.
2. In Chapter 6, Daniel goes into detail to explain a certain mathematical topic. Which topic is that?
(a) Prime numbers.
3. A brilliant painter who suffered from seizures was:
(d) Van Gogh.
4. What is one method Daniel's parents teach him to use to cope with his emotions?
(a) Deep breathing.
(b) Doing yoga.
(c) Counting to ten.
(d) Skipping rope.
5. Who are Daniel's heroes?
(a) His parents.
(b) All of his teachers.
(c) He has no heroes.
(d) The characters in his books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Daniel break in school that cost him a letter of apology and his parents' money?
2. What was Daniel intrigued with in nursery school?
3. When Daniel's father was just a child, what was his main chore in life?
4. A game Daniel played with his siblings involved collecting books. What did they do with books?
5. How does Daniel "see" words and language?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Daniel able to score so well on weekly vocabulary or spelling tests?
2. In what way does Daniel think about numbers?
3. Professor Allan Snyder believes that savant abilities may be in everyone. How does he feel that Daniels abilities were unlocked?
4. Why didn't learning in class come easily to Daniel?
5. Why do you think Kevin, Daniel's father, tells his wife who is pregnant with Daniel, "Whatever happens, we'll love him."
6. Other boys teased and bullied Daniel. What eventually made them stop?
7. What makes Daniel consider his parents to be his heroes?
8. Daniel seems to cry nonstop as a baby even into his first year of life. What is his parent's attitude toward constant crying?
9. How did Daniel's mother cope when his father entered a psychiatric hospital?
10. Why did Daniel never get to meet his paternal grandfather?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)