|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator know that he was born on a Wednesday?
(a) He looked up the date on a calendar.
(b) His mother reminds him of this.
(c) The date is blue in his mind and Wednesdays are always blue.
(d) A physician told him.
2. Where did Daniel's father end up living for a year and a half when he was a child?
(a) In a hostel for the homeless.
(b) With his ill father.
(c) In a large orphanage.
(d) In Scotland.
3. What sensory feeling disturbed Daniel?
(a) Washing his hands.
(b) Putting his head on a pillow.
(c) Having his nails cut.
(d) Brushing his teeth.
4. One of Daniel's teachers, Mr. Thraves, threw away a collection that Daniel had brought to school. What was it a collection of?
5. What two tests were given Daniel to diagnosis his epilepsy?
(a) Bloodwork and skin testing.
(b) EEG and MRI.
(c) CAT and MRI.
(d) X-ray and EEG.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Daniel get to play the lead role in a school play when the actor got ill?
2. What sort of card game does Daniel invent in his room at home?
3. What is one method Daniel's parents teach him to use to cope with his emotions?
4. During conversations, Daniel finds it difficult to:
5. In what voice is the story told?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did epilepsy play in Daniel's being an autistic savant?
2. In what ways does Asperger's syndrome, the kind of autism Daniel has, affect his life?
3. Professor Allan Snyder believes that savant abilities may be in everyone. How does he feel that Daniels abilities were unlocked?
4. Daniel seems to cry nonstop as a baby even into his first year of life. What is his parent's attitude toward constant crying?
5. Why did some of the children in primary school call Daniel a crybaby?
6. What is synesthesia and how does it affect Daniel?
7. Daniel's poor coordination made swimming and learning to ride a bike difficult for him. How did he eventually learn these skills?
8. When Daniel began secondary school, why did he go to the library during recess and eat lunch alone?
9. In what ways does Daniel compare himself to Raymond Babbitt of the movie, Rain Man?
10. Why did the workers at the nursery school Daniel attended not try very hard to make him play with the other children?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)