|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the value of pi?
(c) 3 1/7
2. What sort of questions does Daniel discover Kim Peek likes to be asked most of all?
(b) Scientific data.
(c) Historical dates and figures.
(d) Film history.
3. Who is Kim Peek?
(a) The main scientist working on savant syndrome.
(b) The producer of the documentary being made about Daniel.
(c) The helpful flight attendant Daniel met on the plane.
(d) The real-life inspiration behind the Rain Man character.
4. What does the National Autistic Society in England suggest as a fairer alternative to a job interview for autistic people?
(a) A work trial.
(b) A résumé.
(c) A telephone call.
(d) Good references.
5. Daniel sees a tarakona in his kitchen. What is that?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A grasshopper.
(d) An ant.
6. What American television show did Daniel appear on after the broadcasting of the documentary he was in?
(a) The Today Show.
(b) The Tonight Show.
(c) Late Show with David Letterman.
(d) The View.
7. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
(a) Teaching English.
(b) Social worker.
(d) Math tutor.
8. Who did Daniel help with advice on learning Romanian?
(a) His friend, Ian.
(b) Neil's mother.
(c) His Lithuanian friend, Birute.
(d) His father.
9. What caused Daniel to be interested in learning Spanish?
(a) A television show he watched that was in Spanish.
(b) Neil spoke the language.
(c) A conversation with Neil's mother about Spain.
(d) He was about to take a trip to Mexico.
10. What is the Feynman point in pi?
(a) It is the last string of digits in pi.
(b) Where the digit 9 repeats itself eleven times, with other numbers in between.
(c) The decimal places of 999999.
(d) It is pi to 707 decimal points.
11. When Daniel has an interview with the Voluntary Services Overseas organization, what is his main goal in doing so?
(a) Becoming more independent.
(b) To avoid going to university.
(c) Spreading Christianity.
(d) He is not sure.
12. What dream did Daniel have the night before his public recitation of pi?
(a) There were too many people watching him at the recitation.
(b) He was walking among his pi number landscapes.
(c) He was lost walking in Oxford.
(d) He lost his concentration during the recitation.
13. What skill did Professor Ramachandran first ask Daniel to demonstrate for him and his team?
(a) Conversational skills.
(b) Recitation of pi.
(c) Calendar calculations.
(d) Calculations in his head.
14. What does Kim Peek's father, Fran, tell Daniel to say to Kim upon meeting him?
(a) "Give him your birth date."
(b) "Ask him if he is a savant, too."
(c) "Ask him about pi."
(d) "Tell him you like this library."
15. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
(a) Semantic language.
(b) Foreign language.
(c) Symbolic language.
(d) Idiomatic language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Daniel interview for and not receive?
2. Who meets Daniel at the airport on his return trip to London?
3. How has love changed Daniel?
4. Six months after meeting Neil, what does Daniel do?
5. What is Daniel's assignment for the volunteer organization?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)