|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did it take Daniel to publicly recite pi?
2. How did Daniel's family react to Brainman when it was shown in Britain?
(c) They did not watch it.
3. Daniel sees a tarakona in his kitchen. What is that?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A mouse.
(d) An ant.
4. Whose photo does Daniel keep on the dresser in his kitchen?
(b) His mother's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His nephew's.
5. What language is Daniel learning when the book is being written?
6. Professor Ramachandran theorizes that language emerged:
(a) From an agreement to create neologisms.
(b) Originally from mathematics.
(c) Using visual learning aids.
(d) From synesthetic connections in the brain.
7. What is amazing about the way in which Kim Peek can read a book and memorize it?
(a) He reads from the bottom up.
(b) He reads only the middle sections.
(c) He can skim through a page in thirty seconds.
(d) He reads two pages simultaneously, one with each eye.
8. How long is Daniel's challenge in Iceland reduced in time?
(a) To four days.
(b) To six days.
(c) To one day.
(d) It is still one week.
9. Why does Daniel's brother, Steven, require a lot of help from his family?
(a) He has a rare disease.
(b) He has leukemia.
(c) He is severely autistic.
(d) He has Asperger's Syndrome.
10. Why did Daniel decide to publicly recite as many digits in the number pi as he could to beat a record?
(a) To raise money for the National Society for Epilepsy.
(b) For a documentary he was making.
(c) To raise money for autism research.
(d) To impress Neil.
11. Why does Daniel let Neil shave his face for him?
(a) He would otherwise grow a very long beard.
(b) He finds the sensations too irritating to do it comfortably himself.
(c) He cannot hold a razor comfortably in hands.
(d) He cannot be trusted with a razor.
12. In what experiment did Daniel participate with Dr. Gary Morgan in 2005?
(a) Learning British sign language.
(b) Synesthetic connections.
(c) Emotional language.
(d) Reacting to bird song.
13. What sort of questions does Daniel discover Kim Peek likes to be asked most of all?
(a) Historical dates and figures.
(c) Scientific data.
(d) Film history.
14. Who meets Daniel at the airport on his return trip to London?
15. Where is Daniel assigned to go as a volunteer?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
2. Who becomes Daniel's closest friend in Lithuania?
3. Six months after meeting Neil, what does Daniel do?
4. What skill did Professor Ramachandran first ask Daniel to demonstrate for him and his team?
5. How does Daniel meet his partner, Neil?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)