|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Daniel meet with Kim Peek?
(a) San Diego.
(c) Salt Lake City.
(d) New York.
2. What conversational tactic has Daniel used over the years that does not work well within his relationship with Neil?
(a) Pretending to understand something when he does not.
(b) Constantly asking questions.
(c) Responding to every question with an overly long answer.
(d) Smiling even during an argument.
3. How did anyone know if Daniel was reciting pi correctly?
(a) The numbers were flashed on a screen behind Daniel.
(b) There were checkers to be sure he was.
(c) There was no way to know.
(d) Neil was keeping track from the audience.
4. Why did Daniel decide to publicly recite as many digits in the number pi as he could to beat a record?
(a) To impress Neil.
(b) To raise money for the National Society for Epilepsy.
(c) For a documentary he was making.
(d) To raise money for autism research.
5. How did Daniel's family react to Brainman when it was shown in Britain?
(d) They did not watch it.
6. How long is Daniel's challenge in Iceland reduced in time?
(a) To four days.
(b) To one day.
(c) It is still one week.
(d) To six days.
7. What types of words does Daniel find most difficult?
(b) Abstract words.
8. What is Esperanto?
(a) A blend of many languages with logical grammar.
(b) Daniel's made-up language.
(c) The esoteric language used in Wales.
(d) A Spanish dialect.
9. What dream did Daniel have the night before his public recitation of pi?
(a) He was lost walking in Oxford.
(b) He lost his concentration during the recitation.
(c) There were too many people watching him at the recitation.
(d) He was walking among his pi number landscapes.
10. What is the name of the city in Iceland that Daniel must go to?
11. Why did Daniel have mixed feelings about the documentary producers filming him in Las Vegas?
(a) He felt it would be gaudy and tacky there.
(b) He did want to trivialize his abilities.
(c) It was too hot for him there.
(d) He did not like large crowds.
12. Who is Daniel's landlord in his Lithuanian apartment building?
13. What American television show did Daniel appear on after the broadcasting of the documentary he was in?
(a) Late Show with David Letterman.
(b) The View.
(c) The Tonight Show.
(d) The Today Show.
14. How does Daniel feel about having met with Kim Peek?
(a) It is depressing that Kim cannot care for himself.
(b) He is upset that Kim cannot converse better with him.
(c) It is one of the happiest moments of his life.
(d) He wishes Kim lived in England.
15. How does Daniel best learn new languages?
(b) From watching television.
(c) By listening to it spoken.
(d) By playing Scrabble with the foreign letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel say people are surprised when he tells them he is a Christian?
2. How did Neil help Daniel memorize the pi digits?
3. Who did Daniel help with advice on learning Romanian?
4. In Chapter 8, Daniel mentions one social situation that caused him great anxiety. What was that?
5. What skill did Professor Ramachandran first ask Daniel to demonstrate for him and his team?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)