|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Feynman point in pi?
(a) Where the digit 9 repeats itself eleven times, with other numbers in between.
(b) The decimal places of 999999.
(c) It is the last string of digits in pi.
(d) It is pi to 707 decimal points.
2. Who becomes Daniel's closest friend in Lithuania?
3. Why did Daniel have mixed feelings about the documentary producers filming him in Las Vegas?
(a) He felt it would be gaudy and tacky there.
(b) It was too hot for him there.
(c) He did not like large crowds.
(d) He did want to trivialize his abilities.
4. What sort of questions does Daniel discover Kim Peek likes to be asked most of all?
(a) Scientific data.
(b) Historical dates and figures.
(d) Film history.
5. What conversational tactic has Daniel used over the years that does not work well within his relationship with Neil?
(a) Smiling even during an argument.
(b) Pretending to understand something when he does not.
(c) Responding to every question with an overly long answer.
(d) Constantly asking questions.
6. In what city did Daniel meet with Kim Peek?
(a) New York.
(b) Salt Lake City.
(d) San Diego.
7. Who is Daniel's landlord in his Lithuanian apartment building?
8. How do Neil and Daniel try to encourage their cat, Jay, to learn social skills and become more approachable?
(a) They hire a trainer.
(b) They get a puppy.
(c) They buy a kitten.
(d) They send Jay to a pet camp.
9. What is the value of pi?
(b) 3 1/7
10. Where does the name "pi" come from?
(a) The sixteenth letter of the Greek alphabet.
(b) The word for "irrational number" in Russian.
(c) The Greek mathematician, Archimedes.
(d) The Museum of the History of Mathematics.
11. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
(a) Pure luck.
(b) Counting cards.
(c) Playing instinctively.
12. Daniel sees a tarakona in his kitchen. What is that?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An ant.
(c) A cockroach.
(d) A grasshopper.
13. How does Daniel feel about having met with Kim Peek?
(a) He wishes Kim lived in England.
(b) It is depressing that Kim cannot care for himself.
(c) It is one of the happiest moments of his life.
(d) He is upset that Kim cannot converse better with him.
14. What was Daniel's mood like on the flight to California?
15. Who meets Daniel at the airport on his return trip to London?
Short Answer Questions
1. What method do many pi enthusiasts use to memorize pi's infinite string of digits?
2. Why doesn't Daniel take notes during his training?
3. What types of words does Daniel find most difficult?
4. Professor Ramachandran theorizes that language emerged:
5. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)