Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Daniel's verbal practice of pi recitation frustrating for him?
(a) The digits were long and his voice grew tired.
(b) He did not like speaking out loud.
(c) The numbers are visual to him and recitation is verbal.
(d) Any noises slowed him down.
2. Why does Daniel say people are surprised when he tells them he is a Christian?
(a) His thought process is too logical.
(b) They believe being autistic makes abstract thought too difficult.
(c) He was not brought up Christian.
(d) He dislikes being with too many other people.
3. Why does Daniel's brother, Steven, require a lot of help from his family?
(a) He has Asperger's Syndrome.
(b) He is severely autistic.
(c) He has leukemia.
(d) He has a rare disease.
4. How many hours did it take Daniel to publicly recite pi?
5. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
(a) Semantic language.
(b) Idiomatic language.
(c) Foreign language.
(d) Symbolic language.
6. How does Daniel best learn new languages?
(a) From watching television.
(b) By playing Scrabble with the foreign letters.
(c) By listening to it spoken.
7. Six months after meeting Neil, what does Daniel do?
(a) Goes to work for him.
(b) Tells his parents about him.
(c) Leaves him.
(d) Moves in with him.
8. What is the name of the city in Iceland that Daniel must go to?
9. Why is learning new languages easier if you already know more than one?
(a) Your brain is in a receptive mode.
(b) Each language is a separate color in your mind.
(c) Languages belong to "families" of related, similar languages.
(d) All languages have the same syntax rules.
10. What is the value of pi?
(c) 3 1/7
11. What is amazing about the way in which Kim Peek can read a book and memorize it?
(a) He reads two pages simultaneously, one with each eye.
(b) He reads from the bottom up.
(c) He reads only the middle sections.
(d) He can skim through a page in thirty seconds.
12. What skill did Professor Ramachandran first ask Daniel to demonstrate for him and his team?
(a) Calendar calculations.
(b) Recitation of pi.
(c) Conversational skills.
(d) Calculations in his head.
13. How did Neil help Daniel memorize the pi digits?
(a) He researched the digits.
(b) He had Daniel repeat them after him.
(c) He printed large strings of them on paper.
(d) He rented a separate apartment for him to study in.
14. How does Daniel meet his partner, Neil?
(a) At a party.
(c) In school.
(d) Through a newspaper ad.
15. What is the last challenge the documentary makers have for Daniel?
(a) To begin a language website.
(b) To return to Lithuania and speak about himself.
(c) To learn a new language in one week.
(d) To recite pi publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what experiment did Daniel participate with Dr. Gary Morgan in 2005?
2. What sort of questions does Daniel discover Kim Peek likes to be asked most of all?
3. What is the documentary about Daniel titled?
4. What caused Daniel to be interested in learning Spanish?
5. Why doesn't Daniel take notes during his training?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)