|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Daniel to be interested in learning Spanish?
(a) He was about to take a trip to Mexico.
(b) A television show he watched that was in Spanish.
(c) A conversation with Neil's mother about Spain.
(d) Neil spoke the language.
2. Why did Daniel have mixed feelings about the documentary producers filming him in Las Vegas?
(a) He felt it would be gaudy and tacky there.
(b) It was too hot for him there.
(c) He did not like large crowds.
(d) He did want to trivialize his abilities.
3. What is the name of the city in Iceland that Daniel must go to?
4. Why does Daniel's brother, Steven, require a lot of help from his family?
(a) He is severely autistic.
(b) He has leukemia.
(c) He has a rare disease.
(d) He has Asperger's Syndrome.
5. Whose photo does Daniel keep on the dresser in his kitchen?
(b) His brother's.
(c) His nephew's.
(d) His mother's.
6. To what Lithuanian city was Daniel assigned to volunteer?
7. What does the National Autistic Society in England suggest as a fairer alternative to a job interview for autistic people?
(a) A résumé.
(b) A work trial.
(c) A telephone call.
(d) Good references.
8. How does Daniel feel about having met with Kim Peek?
(a) It is depressing that Kim cannot care for himself.
(b) It is one of the happiest moments of his life.
(c) He is upset that Kim cannot converse better with him.
(d) He wishes Kim lived in England.
9. Where is Daniel assigned to go as a volunteer?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
10. What is amazing about the way in which Kim Peek can read a book and memorize it?
(a) He can skim through a page in thirty seconds.
(b) He reads two pages simultaneously, one with each eye.
(c) He reads from the bottom up.
(d) He reads only the middle sections.
11. Daniel sees a tarakona in his kitchen. What is that?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A grasshopper.
(c) An ant.
(d) A mouse.
12. In Chapter 8, Daniel mentions one social situation that caused him great anxiety. What was that?
(a) A party at Ian's house becomes too crowded.
(b) Someone is smoking in the restaurant he is eating in with Neil .
(c) Neil drops some silverware at home during a dinner party.
(d) Neil's parents come to visit.
13. How does Daniel view a sequence of numbers in his head?
(a) He imagines the numbers as food and beach pebbles.
(b) He sees colors, shapes, and textures that form landscapes.
(c) He sees numbers and their shapes, leaving out the annoying ones.
(d) He hears the numbers and sees lights that form a portrait.
14. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
(a) The tense does not change.
(b) They are the easiest words to learn.
(c) They are easiest for him to visualize.
(d) They have a mathematical element.
15. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
(a) Counting cards.
(b) Pure luck.
(c) Playing instinctively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the name "pi" come from?
2. What is Daniel's assignment for the volunteer organization?
3. How is Daniel trained for his volunteer assignment?
4. In what city did Daniel meet with Kim Peek?
5. What does Kim Peek's father, Fran, tell Daniel to say to Kim upon meeting him?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)