|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Daniel's family react to Brainman when it was shown in Britain?
(d) They did not watch it.
2. How do Neil and Daniel try to encourage their cat, Jay, to learn social skills and become more approachable?
(a) They send Jay to a pet camp.
(b) They hire a trainer.
(c) They buy a kitten.
(d) They get a puppy.
3. Why does Daniel's brother, Steven, require a lot of help from his family?
(a) He is severely autistic.
(b) He has Asperger's Syndrome.
(c) He has leukemia.
(d) He has a rare disease.
4. What was the toughest part of the challenge to learn Icelandic for Daniel?
(a) The syntax.
(b) The long words.
(c) The erratic language.
(d) The time pressure.
5. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
(a) Foreign language.
(b) Semantic language.
(c) Idiomatic language.
(d) Symbolic language.
6. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
(a) Pure luck.
(b) Playing instinctively.
(c) Counting cards.
7. Why does Daniel say people are surprised when he tells them he is a Christian?
(a) His thought process is too logical.
(b) They believe being autistic makes abstract thought too difficult.
(c) He was not brought up Christian.
(d) He dislikes being with too many other people.
8. When Daniel is interrupted during the interview with a question, what is his first reaction?
(c) He plugs up his ears.
9. What is Esperanto?
(a) Daniel's made-up language.
(b) A blend of many languages with logical grammar.
(c) The esoteric language used in Wales.
(d) A Spanish dialect.
10. What is the value of pi?
(c) 3 1/7
11. How long is Daniel's challenge in Iceland reduced in time?
(a) To four days.
(b) To one day.
(c) To six days.
(d) It is still one week.
12. What job does Daniel interview for and not receive?
(a) A library position.
(b) An English tutor.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A translator.
13. Daniel sees a tarakona in his kitchen. What is that?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A mouse.
(d) An ant.
14. Whose photo does Daniel keep on the dresser in his kitchen?
(a) His brother's.
(c) His nephew's.
(d) His mother's.
15. What is Iceland's literacy rate?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Daniel mentions one social situation that caused him great anxiety. What was that?
2. What is Daniel's favorite rock group?
3. What is the name of the city in Iceland that Daniel must go to?
4. To what Lithuanian city was Daniel assigned to volunteer?
5. What does the National Autistic Society in England suggest as a fairer alternative to a job interview for autistic people?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)