|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is Daniel learning when the book is being written?
2. Why does Daniel's brother, Steven, require a lot of help from his family?
(a) He has Asperger's Syndrome.
(b) He has leukemia.
(c) He is severely autistic.
(d) He has a rare disease.
3. How many digits of pi was Daniel able to recite to beat the record?
4. How does Daniel feel about having met with Kim Peek?
(a) It is one of the happiest moments of his life.
(b) He is upset that Kim cannot converse better with him.
(c) It is depressing that Kim cannot care for himself.
(d) He wishes Kim lived in England.
5. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
(b) Math tutor.
(c) Teaching English.
(d) Social worker.
6. What happens to Jay in 2004?
(a) She has kittens.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She becomes litter trained.
(d) She dies.
7. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
(a) Symbolic language.
(b) Foreign language.
(c) Semantic language.
(d) Idiomatic language.
8. Where is Daniel assigned to go as a volunteer?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
9. How did the scientists testing Daniel in California know that he realized their string of pi digits was incorrect?
(a) They were not aware of it.
(b) He put his head down and withdrew from them.
(c) He had a physiological response when looking at it.
(d) He screamed that they had it wrong.
10. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
(a) Pure luck.
(b) Counting cards.
(c) Playing instinctively.
11. How does Daniel meet his partner, Neil?
(a) In school.
(b) Through a newspaper ad.
(c) At a party.
12. What is the value of pi?
(b) 3 1/7
13. How did Daniel have to prove that he had learned Icelandic in four days?
(a) Teach that language to English-speaking people.
(b) Make a public speech on the radio.
(c) Converse only in Icelandic for an entire day.
(d) Speak Icelandic on a televised show.
14. What job does Daniel interview for and not receive?
(a) A translator.
(b) A social worker.
(c) An English tutor.
(d) A library position.
15. How long is Daniel's challenge in Iceland reduced in time?
(a) To four days.
(b) It is still one week.
(c) To six days.
(d) To one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Daniel's closest friend in Lithuania?
2. What caused Daniel to be interested in learning Spanish?
3. When Daniel is interrupted during the interview with a question, what is his first reaction?
4. How did anyone know if Daniel was reciting pi correctly?
5. What is Daniel's favorite rock group?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)