|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Daniel's family react to Brainman when it was shown in Britain?
(d) They did not watch it.
2. How did the scientists testing Daniel in California know that he realized their string of pi digits was incorrect?
(a) He had a physiological response when looking at it.
(b) He put his head down and withdrew from them.
(c) They were not aware of it.
(d) He screamed that they had it wrong.
3. How many digits of pi was Daniel able to recite to beat the record?
4. To what Lithuanian city was Daniel assigned to volunteer?
5. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
(a) Symbolic language.
(b) Semantic language.
(c) Foreign language.
(d) Idiomatic language.
6. What is amazing about the way in which Kim Peek can read a book and memorize it?
(a) He reads only the middle sections.
(b) He reads two pages simultaneously, one with each eye.
(c) He can skim through a page in thirty seconds.
(d) He reads from the bottom up.
7. What is the Feynman point in pi?
(a) It is pi to 707 decimal points.
(b) Where the digit 9 repeats itself eleven times, with other numbers in between.
(c) It is the last string of digits in pi.
(d) The decimal places of 999999.
8. What happens to Jay in 2004?
(a) She dies.
(b) She becomes litter trained.
(c) She has kittens.
(d) She runs away.
9. In what experiment did Daniel participate with Dr. Gary Morgan in 2005?
(a) Emotional language.
(b) Reacting to bird song.
(c) Synesthetic connections.
(d) Learning British sign language.
10. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
(a) Math tutor.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Teaching English.
11. What types of words does Daniel find most difficult?
(b) Abstract words.
12. What job does Daniel interview for and not receive?
(a) A library position.
(b) A social worker.
(c) An English tutor.
(d) A translator.
13. What American television show did Daniel appear on after the broadcasting of the documentary he was in?
(a) The View.
(b) Late Show with David Letterman.
(c) The Today Show.
(d) The Tonight Show.
14. What is Esperanto?
(a) The esoteric language used in Wales.
(b) Daniel's made-up language.
(c) A Spanish dialect.
(d) A blend of many languages with logical grammar.
15. What is Daniel's favorite rock group?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) Red Hot Chili Peppers.
(c) Death Cab for Cutie.
(d) The Fray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill did Professor Ramachandran first ask Daniel to demonstrate for him and his team?
2. How many hours did it take Daniel to publicly recite pi?
3. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
4. Whose photo does Daniel keep on the dresser in his kitchen?
5. How did Neil help Daniel memorize the pi digits?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)