|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the value of pi?
(a) 3 1/7
2. How many hours did it take Daniel to publicly recite pi?
3. What sort of questions does Daniel discover Kim Peek likes to be asked most of all?
(b) Film history.
(c) Historical dates and figures.
(d) Scientific data.
4. How did Daniel's family react to Brainman when it was shown in Britain?
(b) They did not watch it.
5. What American television show did Daniel appear on after the broadcasting of the documentary he was in?
(a) The View.
(b) The Tonight Show.
(c) Late Show with David Letterman.
(d) The Today Show.
6. Some scientists believe that metaphors may be the result of:
(a) Synesthestic experiences and linguistic creativity.
(b) Phonemic inflections of word sounds.
(c) Higher level thinking in poets.
(d) Creative visual/spatial language.
7. In what city did Daniel meet with Kim Peek?
(a) Salt Lake City.
(b) New York.
(d) San Diego.
8. Who becomes Daniel's closest friend in Lithuania?
9. When Daniel has an interview with the Voluntary Services Overseas organization, what is his main goal in doing so?
(a) Becoming more independent.
(b) Spreading Christianity.
(c) To avoid going to university.
(d) He is not sure.
10. What dream did Daniel have the night before his public recitation of pi?
(a) There were too many people watching him at the recitation.
(b) He lost his concentration during the recitation.
(c) He was walking among his pi number landscapes.
(d) He was lost walking in Oxford.
11. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
(a) Playing instinctively.
(c) Counting cards.
(d) Pure luck.
12. When Daniel is interrupted during the interview with a question, what is his first reaction?
(b) He plugs up his ears.
13. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
(a) The tense does not change.
(b) They are the easiest words to learn.
(c) They are easiest for him to visualize.
(d) They have a mathematical element.
14. Whose photo does Daniel keep on the dresser in his kitchen?
(b) His brother's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His nephew's.
15. How do Neil and Daniel try to encourage their cat, Jay, to learn social skills and become more approachable?
(a) They hire a trainer.
(b) They send Jay to a pet camp.
(c) They buy a kitten.
(d) They get a puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel best learn new languages?
2. How many digits of pi was Daniel able to recite to beat the record?
3. What is Daniel's favorite rock group?
4. What is Daniel's assignment for the volunteer organization?
5. Why does Daniel say people are surprised when he tells them he is a Christian?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)