|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's assignment for the volunteer organization?
(a) Farming instruction.
(b) Math teacher.
(c) English teacher.
(d) Social worker.
2. Who is Kim Peek?
(a) The producer of the documentary being made about Daniel.
(b) The helpful flight attendant Daniel met on the plane.
(c) The real-life inspiration behind the Rain Man character.
(d) The main scientist working on savant syndrome.
3. How did Neil help Daniel memorize the pi digits?
(a) He printed large strings of them on paper.
(b) He researched the digits.
(c) He rented a separate apartment for him to study in.
(d) He had Daniel repeat them after him.
4. In Chapter 8, Daniel mentions one social situation that caused him great anxiety. What was that?
(a) A party at Ian's house becomes too crowded.
(b) Neil drops some silverware at home during a dinner party.
(c) Neil's parents come to visit.
(d) Someone is smoking in the restaurant he is eating in with Neil .
5. How is Daniel trained for his volunteer assignment?
(a) Film, lectures, and fieldwork.
(b) Fun activities, foreign language lessons, and films.
(d) Teamwork, lectures, and group discussion.
6. Why does Daniel's brother, Steven, require a lot of help from his family?
(a) He is severely autistic.
(b) He has a rare disease.
(c) He has leukemia.
(d) He has Asperger's Syndrome.
7. How does Daniel best learn new languages?
(a) By listening to it spoken.
(b) By playing Scrabble with the foreign letters.
(c) From watching television.
8. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
(b) Math tutor.
(c) Social worker.
(d) Teaching English.
9. How did the scientists testing Daniel in California know that he realized their string of pi digits was incorrect?
(a) He had a physiological response when looking at it.
(b) He put his head down and withdrew from them.
(c) They were not aware of it.
(d) He screamed that they had it wrong.
10. Whose photo does Daniel keep on the dresser in his kitchen?
(a) His nephew's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His brother's.
11. How did Daniel's family react to Brainman when it was shown in Britain?
(a) They did not watch it.
12. How has love changed Daniel?
(a) He has learned that he can never live alone again.
(b) It has made him more open to others and the world around him.
(c) It has made him aware of jealousy and other bad feelings.
(d) He is more dependent upon others.
13. What is the name of the educational website for learning language that Neil and Daniel created?
14. Who becomes Daniel's closest friend in Lithuania?
15. What is Daniel's favorite rock group?
(a) The Fray.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Death Cab for Cutie.
(d) Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the toughest part of the challenge to learn Icelandic for Daniel?
2. What is the name of the city in Iceland that Daniel must go to?
3. What was Daniel's mood like on the flight to California?
4. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
5. In what experiment did Daniel participate with Dr. Gary Morgan in 2005?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)