|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American television show did Daniel appear on after the broadcasting of the documentary he was in?
(a) The Today Show.
(b) Late Show with David Letterman.
(c) The View.
(d) The Tonight Show.
2. What caused Daniel to be interested in learning Spanish?
(a) He was about to take a trip to Mexico.
(b) A television show he watched that was in Spanish.
(c) Neil spoke the language.
(d) A conversation with Neil's mother about Spain.
3. To what Lithuanian city was Daniel assigned to volunteer?
4. In what city did Daniel meet with Kim Peek?
(a) San Diego.
(c) Salt Lake City.
(d) New York.
5. What skill did Professor Ramachandran first ask Daniel to demonstrate for him and his team?
(a) Conversational skills.
(b) Calendar calculations.
(c) Recitation of pi.
(d) Calculations in his head.
6. Why did Daniel have mixed feelings about the documentary producers filming him in Las Vegas?
(a) He felt it would be gaudy and tacky there.
(b) It was too hot for him there.
(c) He did not like large crowds.
(d) He did want to trivialize his abilities.
7. What is the name of the educational website for learning language that Neil and Daniel created?
8. When Daniel has an interview with the Voluntary Services Overseas organization, what is his main goal in doing so?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) Becoming more independent.
(c) Spreading Christianity.
(d) To avoid going to university.
9. Who meets Daniel at the airport on his return trip to London?
10. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
(a) Semantic language.
(b) Foreign language.
(c) Idiomatic language.
(d) Symbolic language.
11. In what experiment did Daniel participate with Dr. Gary Morgan in 2005?
(a) Emotional language.
(b) Reacting to bird song.
(c) Learning British sign language.
(d) Synesthetic connections.
12. What is the name of the city in Iceland that Daniel must go to?
13. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
(b) Social worker.
(c) Teaching English.
(d) Math tutor.
14. How has love changed Daniel?
(a) He is more dependent upon others.
(b) It has made him aware of jealousy and other bad feelings.
(c) It has made him more open to others and the world around him.
(d) He has learned that he can never live alone again.
15. What is amazing about the way in which Kim Peek can read a book and memorize it?
(a) He reads from the bottom up.
(b) He reads only the middle sections.
(c) He reads two pages simultaneously, one with each eye.
(d) He can skim through a page in thirty seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel say people are surprised when he tells them he is a Christian?
2. How many hours did it take Daniel to publicly recite pi?
3. How did the scientists testing Daniel in California know that he realized their string of pi digits was incorrect?
4. Why doesn't Daniel take notes during his training?
5. Who is Daniel's landlord in his Lithuanian apartment building?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)