|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Daniel's closest friend in Lithuania?
2. What dream did Daniel have the night before his public recitation of pi?
(a) There were too many people watching him at the recitation.
(b) He was walking among his pi number landscapes.
(c) He was lost walking in Oxford.
(d) He lost his concentration during the recitation.
3. What does the National Autistic Society in England suggest as a fairer alternative to a job interview for autistic people?
(a) A work trial.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) Good references.
(d) A résumé.
4. What is Daniel's assignment for the volunteer organization?
(a) Farming instruction.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Math teacher.
(d) English teacher.
5. What is Iceland's literacy rate?
6. Why does Daniel's brother, Steven, require a lot of help from his family?
(a) He has Asperger's Syndrome.
(b) He has a rare disease.
(c) He is severely autistic.
(d) He has leukemia.
7. What does Kim Peek's father, Fran, tell Daniel to say to Kim upon meeting him?
(a) "Give him your birth date."
(b) "Ask him about pi."
(c) "Tell him you like this library."
(d) "Ask him if he is a savant, too."
8. How did Neil help Daniel memorize the pi digits?
(a) He researched the digits.
(b) He rented a separate apartment for him to study in.
(c) He printed large strings of them on paper.
(d) He had Daniel repeat them after him.
9. What is the last challenge the documentary makers have for Daniel?
(a) To begin a language website.
(b) To recite pi publicly.
(c) To learn a new language in one week.
(d) To return to Lithuania and speak about himself.
10. What is Daniel's apartment like in the new country where he volunteers?
(d) Newly built.
11. How does Daniel feel about having met with Kim Peek?
(a) It is depressing that Kim cannot care for himself.
(b) He is upset that Kim cannot converse better with him.
(c) It is one of the happiest moments of his life.
(d) He wishes Kim lived in England.
12. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
(a) Semantic language.
(b) Idiomatic language.
(c) Symbolic language.
(d) Foreign language.
13. What skill did Professor Ramachandran first ask Daniel to demonstrate for him and his team?
(a) Conversational skills.
(b) Recitation of pi.
(c) Calculations in his head.
(d) Calendar calculations.
14. Why did Daniel decide to publicly recite as many digits in the number pi as he could to beat a record?
(a) To raise money for autism research.
(b) For a documentary he was making.
(c) To impress Neil.
(d) To raise money for the National Society for Epilepsy.
15. What is the name of the educational website for learning language that Neil and Daniel created?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Daniel interview for and not receive?
2. What is the Feynman point in pi?
3. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
4. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
5. What American television show did Daniel appear on after the broadcasting of the documentary he was in?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)