|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the value of pi?
(b) 3 1/7
2. How many hours did it take Daniel to publicly recite pi?
3. Whose photo does Daniel keep on the dresser in his kitchen?
(a) His nephew's.
(b) His mother's.
(d) His brother's.
4. Why did Daniel decide to publicly recite as many digits in the number pi as he could to beat a record?
(a) To raise money for the National Society for Epilepsy.
(b) To raise money for autism research.
(c) To impress Neil.
(d) For a documentary he was making.
5. How did the scientists testing Daniel in California know that he realized their string of pi digits was incorrect?
(a) He put his head down and withdrew from them.
(b) He had a physiological response when looking at it.
(c) He screamed that they had it wrong.
(d) They were not aware of it.
6. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
(a) Counting cards.
(b) Playing instinctively.
(c) Pure luck.
7. How long is Daniel's challenge in Iceland reduced in time?
(a) To four days.
(b) To one day.
(c) To six days.
(d) It is still one week.
8. How does Daniel feel about having met with Kim Peek?
(a) It is depressing that Kim cannot care for himself.
(b) He is upset that Kim cannot converse better with him.
(c) He wishes Kim lived in England.
(d) It is one of the happiest moments of his life.
9. What is Esperanto?
(a) The esoteric language used in Wales.
(b) Daniel's made-up language.
(c) A Spanish dialect.
(d) A blend of many languages with logical grammar.
10. How did Daniel have to prove that he had learned Icelandic in four days?
(a) Speak Icelandic on a televised show.
(b) Make a public speech on the radio.
(c) Teach that language to English-speaking people.
(d) Converse only in Icelandic for an entire day.
11. What is Daniel's favorite rock group?
(a) Death Cab for Cutie.
(b) The Fray.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Red Hot Chili Peppers.
12. What is the last challenge the documentary makers have for Daniel?
(a) To learn a new language in one week.
(b) To return to Lithuania and speak about himself.
(c) To recite pi publicly.
(d) To begin a language website.
13. What method do many pi enthusiasts use to memorize pi's infinite string of digits?
(a) Mathematical strings which always equate to a number of pi digits.
(b) A method incorporating language and math.
(c) Memorization of the numbers by recitation only.
(d) Sentences using words with the number of letters in each successive pi digit.
14. What conversational tactic has Daniel used over the years that does not work well within his relationship with Neil?
(a) Smiling even during an argument.
(b) Pretending to understand something when he does not.
(c) Constantly asking questions.
(d) Responding to every question with an overly long answer.
15. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
(a) Symbolic language.
(b) Semantic language.
(c) Foreign language.
(d) Idiomatic language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did anyone know if Daniel was reciting pi correctly?
2. How was Daniel's verbal practice of pi recitation frustrating for him?
3. Where does the name "pi" come from?
4. What sort of questions does Daniel discover Kim Peek likes to be asked most of all?
5. When Daniel has an interview with the Voluntary Services Overseas organization, what is his main goal in doing so?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)