|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Feynman point in pi?
(a) Where the digit 9 repeats itself eleven times, with other numbers in between.
(b) The decimal places of 999999.
(c) It is pi to 707 decimal points.
(d) It is the last string of digits in pi.
2. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
(a) Teaching English.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Math tutor.
3. Why doesn't Daniel take notes during his training?
(a) He can remember everything.
(b) He loses his pen.
(c) He cannot understand much of it.
(d) He does take notes.
4. What dream did Daniel have the night before his public recitation of pi?
(a) There were too many people watching him at the recitation.
(b) He was walking among his pi number landscapes.
(c) He lost his concentration during the recitation.
(d) He was lost walking in Oxford.
5. Why did Daniel have mixed feelings about the documentary producers filming him in Las Vegas?
(a) He did want to trivialize his abilities.
(b) He did not like large crowds.
(c) He felt it would be gaudy and tacky there.
(d) It was too hot for him there.
6. How many digits of pi was Daniel able to recite to beat the record?
7. What does the National Autistic Society in England suggest as a fairer alternative to a job interview for autistic people?
(a) Good references.
(b) A résumé.
(c) A work trial.
(d) A telephone call.
8. What is the value of pi?
(b) 3 1/7
9. How does Daniel best learn new languages?
(a) From watching television.
(b) By playing Scrabble with the foreign letters.
(d) By listening to it spoken.
10. Six months after meeting Neil, what does Daniel do?
(a) Tells his parents about him.
(b) Goes to work for him.
(c) Moves in with him.
(d) Leaves him.
11. How long is Daniel's challenge in Iceland reduced in time?
(a) To six days.
(b) It is still one week.
(c) To one day.
(d) To four days.
12. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
(a) They are easiest for him to visualize.
(b) The tense does not change.
(c) They have a mathematical element.
(d) They are the easiest words to learn.
13. What caused Daniel to be interested in learning Spanish?
(a) A conversation with Neil's mother about Spain.
(b) A television show he watched that was in Spanish.
(c) Neil spoke the language.
(d) He was about to take a trip to Mexico.
14. How does Daniel feel about having met with Kim Peek?
(a) He is upset that Kim cannot converse better with him.
(b) He wishes Kim lived in England.
(c) It is one of the happiest moments of his life.
(d) It is depressing that Kim cannot care for himself.
15. Why does Daniel's brother, Steven, require a lot of help from his family?
(a) He has a rare disease.
(b) He is severely autistic.
(c) He has Asperger's Syndrome.
(d) He has leukemia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what experiment did Daniel participate with Dr. Gary Morgan in 2005?
2. In Chapter 8, Daniel mentions one social situation that caused him great anxiety. What was that?
3. How do Neil and Daniel try to encourage their cat, Jay, to learn social skills and become more approachable?
4. Daniel sees a tarakona in his kitchen. What is that?
5. What is Iceland's literacy rate?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)