|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the documentary about Daniel titled?
(b) Daniel Tammet.
(c) Savant Syndrome.
(d) Born on a Blue Day.
2. How was Daniel able to win at Blackjack?
(a) Counting cards.
(b) Playing instinctively.
(c) Pure luck.
3. What was Daniel's mood like on the flight to California?
4. Where does the name "pi" come from?
(a) The Museum of the History of Mathematics.
(b) The Greek mathematician, Archimedes.
(c) The sixteenth letter of the Greek alphabet.
(d) The word for "irrational number" in Russian.
5. What is Daniel's assignment for the volunteer organization?
(a) Math teacher.
(b) English teacher.
(c) Social worker.
(d) Farming instruction.
6. What was the toughest part of the challenge to learn Icelandic for Daniel?
(a) The long words.
(b) The erratic language.
(c) The syntax.
(d) The time pressure.
7. What is Esperanto?
(a) Daniel's made-up language.
(b) A Spanish dialect.
(c) A blend of many languages with logical grammar.
(d) The esoteric language used in Wales.
8. What is the value of pi?
(d) 3 1/7
9. Why did Daniel have mixed feelings about the documentary producers filming him in Las Vegas?
(a) He did not like large crowds.
(b) It was too hot for him there.
(c) He did want to trivialize his abilities.
(d) He felt it would be gaudy and tacky there.
10. Why doesn't Daniel take notes during his training?
(a) He does take notes.
(b) He cannot understand much of it.
(c) He loses his pen.
(d) He can remember everything.
11. How does Daniel feel about having met with Kim Peek?
(a) He wishes Kim lived in England.
(b) He is upset that Kim cannot converse better with him.
(c) It is one of the happiest moments of his life.
(d) It is depressing that Kim cannot care for himself.
12. Why did Daniel decide to publicly recite as many digits in the number pi as he could to beat a record?
(a) To raise money for autism research.
(b) To impress Neil.
(c) For a documentary he was making.
(d) To raise money for the National Society for Epilepsy.
13. Six months after meeting Neil, what does Daniel do?
(a) Tells his parents about him.
(b) Goes to work for him.
(c) Moves in with him.
(d) Leaves him.
14. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
(b) Math tutor.
(c) Teaching English.
(d) Social worker.
15. To what Lithuanian city was Daniel assigned to volunteer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city in Iceland that Daniel must go to?
2. What dream did Daniel have the night before his public recitation of pi?
3. Who meets Daniel at the airport on his return trip to London?
4. What job does Daniel interview for and not receive?
5. In Chapter 8, Daniel mentions one social situation that caused him great anxiety. What was that?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)