|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What health issue did Daniel's grandfather have?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Mental illness.
2. What did Daniel always look for in the library when he was younger?
(a) Books about savants.
(b) A book about numbers.
(c) A book with his name on it.
(d) The most colorful books.
3. Daniel developed a love for a certain type of story as a child. These were:
(a) Fairy tales.
(c) Love stories.
(d) Horror stories.
4. What has Daniel's brother, Steven, been diagnosed with?
(a) Asperger's Syndrome.
(b) Clinical Depression.
(c) Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
(d) Severe Autism.
5. How did Daniel's parents describe his personality to others?
(a) Sensitive and shy.
(c) Warm and talkative.
(d) Aloof but friendly.
6. What did Daniel love the most about school assemblies?
(a) Standing quietly.
(b) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(c) Being with everyone else in the school.
(d) The singing of hymns.
7. What is synesthesia?
(a) A disease whereby one's limbs fall asleep.
(b) An extremely rare form of schizophrenia.
(c) A form of deep depression.
(d) A rare neurological mixing of the senses.
8. By what quality can Daniel recognize every prime number up to 9,973?
(a) Their interesting color.
(b) Their rounded shapes.
(c) Their "dagger-like" quality.
(d) Their "pebble-like" quality.
9. What type of epilepsy was Daniel diagnosed with?
(b) Frontal lobe.
(c) Temporal lobe.
(d) Simple partial.
10. What two tests were given Daniel to diagnosis his epilepsy?
(a) EEG and MRI.
(b) X-ray and EEG.
(c) CAT and MRI.
(d) Bloodwork and skin testing.
11. Daniel makes his first friend in primary school. What is his name?
12. What is one of the reasons Daniel Tammet wrote this memoir?
(a) To warn others of his challenges.
(b) He knew he would enjoy book signings.
(c) To make a lot of money in royalties.
(d) To give him perspective on his life so far.
13. What was Daniel's favorite book on the nursery book shelf?
(a) Little Red Riding Hood.
(b) Guess How Much I Love You.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
(d) The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
14. How many languages does Daniel know?
15. As the Tammet family grew in size, what did they do to accommodate three additional children?
(a) They moved to a larger home.
(b) The parents moved into the living area.
(c) More siblings had to share bedrooms.
(d) They renovated the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daniel's father was just a child, what was his main chore in life?
2. What alphabet first prompted Daniel's interest in different languages?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Daniel describe as his overwhelming feeling at the time?
4. A game Daniel played with his siblings involved collecting books. What did they do with books?
5. What was one of the things Daniel enjoyed about the chess club he joined?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)