|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Professor Alan Snyder believes that autistic thought is:
(a) Simple and immature.
(b) A form of schizophrenia.
(c) Bordering on insanity.
(d) An extreme form of ordinary thought.
2. One of Daniel's teachers, Mr. Thraves, threw away a collection that Daniel had brought to school. What was it a collection of?
3. A famous Russian writer who had a form of temporal lobe epilepsy was:
4. What made Daniel stop playing in chess tournaments?
(a) He became bored.
(b) He would lose if distracted or if something unexpected happened.
(c) It was too easy for him to win most of the time.
(d) There was not enough money in it.
5. What was Daniel's favorite subject in secondary school?
6. What two tests were given Daniel to diagnosis his epilepsy?
(a) EEG and MRI.
(b) Bloodwork and skin testing.
(c) CAT and MRI.
(d) X-ray and EEG.
7. What item did Daniel break in school that cost him a letter of apology and his parents' money?
(a) The teacher's glass apple.
(b) The class door window.
(c) Plates in the lunchroom.
(d) His desk.
8. What was Daniel's oldest brother named?
9. What does Daniel consider his first language to be?
10. How does Daniel "see" words and language?
(a) As colors and textures.
(b) As numbers.
(c) As other languages.
(d) As multiplication tables.
11. Daniel makes his first friend in primary school. What is his name?
12. At the age of eleven, Daniel was fascinated by the complexity of history. What did he create that involved history?
(a) His own world of made-up historical figures and facts.
(b) A timeline of historical facts dating from 800 B.C.
(c) A computer program for historians.
(d) A way for people to memorize a large number of historical facts.
13. What health issue did Daniel's grandfather have?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Heart disease.
14. How many languages does Daniel know?
15. What sensory feeling disturbed Daniel?
(a) Having his nails cut.
(b) Washing his hands.
(c) Brushing his teeth.
(d) Putting his head on a pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Daniel's parents have to clear the floor in his room at night, leave a hall light, on and put a gate at the top of the stairs?
2. When his behavior was good, how did Daniel's parents reward him?
3. When Daniel had his second seizure, what did his father do?
4. What is one of the reasons Daniel Tammet wrote this memoir?
5. When Daniel joins his brother, Lee, and his friend, Eddie, on a week's holiday with Eddie's family, how does Daniel act?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)