|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people on the autistic spectrum are very good at processing information in parts instead of holistically. This explains why Daniels is so good at:
2. A brilliant painter who suffered from seizures was:
(b) Van Gogh.
3. One of Daniel's teachers, Mr. Thraves, threw away a collection that Daniel had brought to school. What was it a collection of?
4. How did Daniel mix with other children his age?
(a) He was sociable.
(b) He scared them off.
(c) He was the life of the party.
(d) He was a loner.
5. What was Daniel's favorite book on the nursery book shelf?
(a) Little Red Riding Hood.
(b) Goodnight Moon.
(c) The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
(d) Guess How Much I Love You.
6. What was the name of the boy Daniel made friends with in secondary school?
7. One of the school tasks that Daniel found most difficult was:
(b) Doing math.
(d) Writing letters and words.
8. How is it possible to acquire savant skills?
(a) By concentrating on one side of the brain.
(b) Through illness or injury to the brain.
(c) One can only be born that way.
(d) Through a type of hypnosis.
9. Daniel overcame many of his difficulties learning things as a child because of
(a) Corporal punishment.
(c) His epilepsy.
10. What was Daniel's favorite subject in secondary school?
11. What is the name of the school play that Daniel's friend had a leading role in?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) Mary Poppins.
(c) West Side Story.
(d) Sweeney Todd.
12. What is one of the reasons Daniel Tammet wrote this memoir?
(a) To make a lot of money in royalties.
(b) He knew he would enjoy book signings.
(c) To give him perspective on his life so far.
(d) To warn others of his challenges.
13. Sometimes, when Daniel is falling asleep at night, what does he see in his mind?
(a) A dark tunnel and math books.
(b) Lakes with numbers swimming in them.
(c) Bright light and many numbers.
(d) Landscapes of mountains.
14. When Daniel talks to himself, it helps him in what way?
(a) Hear his own voice.
(b) Calm down and focus.
(c) Understand what he is doing.
(d) Practice having a conversation.
15. What item did Daniel break in school that cost him a letter of apology and his parents' money?
(a) The class door window.
(b) His desk.
(c) Plates in the lunchroom.
(d) The teacher's glass apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Daniel get to play the lead role in a school play when the actor got ill?
2. What was the first foreign language that Daniel learned from a neighbor?
3. The Tammet family moved several times. One of the homes was located:
4. What alphabet first prompted Daniel's interest in different languages?
5. What illness struck Daniel's father when Daniel was ten years old?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)