|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An unorthodox game that Daniel played with his brothers and sisters was:
(a) Dusting bedrooms.
(b) Cleaning bathrooms.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Ironing clothes.
2. Is epilepsy a cause or a symptom of brain injury?
(a) A symptom.
(b) A cause.
(c) It is difficult to determine.
3. When Daniel's father returned home after a long hospitalization, how did the family celebrate?
(a) They went out for dinner.
(b) They all gave him welcome home gifts.
(c) They had a house party.
(d) They did not have a celebration.
4. How did Daniel get to play the lead role in a school play when the actor got ill?
(a) He had memorized every line of dialogue from watching rehearsals.
(b) He studied the role and was able to memorize it overnight.
(c) He was the understudy for the role.
(d) He was offered it but refused out of fear.
5. What was one of the first words that Daniel learned to write?
6. A famous Russian writer who had a form of temporal lobe epilepsy was:
7. When Daniel's class watched the program Dark Towers, Daniel realized that he was:
8. Two of the secondary school subjects that Daniel struggled with were:
(a) Health and computer programming.
(b) Physical education and biology.
(c) Woodworking and physical education.
(d) Woodworking and public speaking.
9. Daniel developed a love for a certain type of story as a child. These were:
(a) Fairy tales.
(b) Horror stories.
(c) Love stories.
10. One of Daniel's teachers, Mr. Thraves, threw away a collection that Daniel had brought to school. What was it a collection of?
11. What type of epilepsy was Daniel diagnosed with?
(a) Frontal lobe.
(c) Simple partial.
(d) Temporal lobe.
12. How does Daniel "see" words and language?
(a) As multiplication tables.
(b) As numbers.
(c) As other languages.
(d) As colors and textures.
13. Daniel was once looking at his favorite book during story time. What did he begin to do that had everyone looking at him?
(a) Hum to himself.
(b) Read the book aloud.
(c) Spin around.
(d) Walk away.
14. What was Daniel's favorite shape?
(a) A hexagon.
(b) A circle.
(c) A square.
(d) A triangle.
15. What 1988 film featured a character having a syndrome similar to Daniel's?
(a) The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
(b) Rain Man.
(c) A Cry in the Dark.
(d) Brain Damage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel was relentless at doing one thing when he was a baby. What was that?
2. What did Daniel always look for in the library when he was younger?
3. Who are Daniel's heroes?
4. To Daniel, one of the most important things in school was:
5. What is the name of the school play that Daniel's friend had a leading role in?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)