|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Daniel's family had also suffered from epilepsy?
(a) His maternal aunt.
(b) His father's brother.
(c) His father's father.
(d) His mother's father.
2. Into what genre would this book fall?
(d) Historical Fiction.
3. By what quality can Daniel recognize every prime number up to 9,973?
(a) Their "dagger-like" quality.
(b) Their "pebble-like" quality.
(c) Their rounded shapes.
(d) Their interesting color.
4. Who are Daniel's heroes?
(a) The characters in his books.
(b) His parents.
(c) He has no heroes.
(d) All of his teachers.
5. How does the narrator know that he was born on a Wednesday?
(a) A physician told him.
(b) The date is blue in his mind and Wednesdays are always blue.
(c) His mother reminds him of this.
(d) He looked up the date on a calendar.
6. What has Daniel's brother, Steven, been diagnosed with?
(a) Severe Autism.
(b) Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
(c) Clinical Depression.
(d) Asperger's Syndrome.
7. What did Daniel like so much about the books he piled up in his room?
(a) They had numbers on them.
(b) The pictures were nice.
(c) The stories were interesting.
(d) The ink was black.
8. What type of epilepsy was Daniel diagnosed with?
(a) Frontal lobe.
(c) Temporal lobe.
(d) Simple partial.
9. How did Daniel get to play the lead role in a school play when the actor got ill?
(a) He had memorized every line of dialogue from watching rehearsals.
(b) He was the understudy for the role.
(c) He studied the role and was able to memorize it overnight.
(d) He was offered it but refused out of fear.
10. To Daniel, one of the most important things in school was:
(b) His friends.
(c) The lunch program.
(d) Sports Day.
11. What numerical calculation is Daniel's favorite type to do?
(a) Power multiplication.
(b) Algebraic equations.
(c) Finding least common denominators.
(d) Geometric equations.
12. What is synesthesia?
(a) An extremely rare form of schizophrenia.
(b) A form of deep depression.
(c) A disease whereby one's limbs fall asleep.
(d) A rare neurological mixing of the senses.
13. What 1988 film featured a character having a syndrome similar to Daniel's?
(a) Brain Damage.
(b) The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
(c) Rain Man.
(d) A Cry in the Dark.
14. What mathematical chess problem does Daniel diagram in detail in his book?
(b) Knight's Tour.
15. Who taught Daniel how to play chess when Daniel was thirteen?
(a) His brother, Lee.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Daniel's oldest brother named?
2. For what school project did Daniel receive a top grade?
3. In what voice is the story told?
4. How did Daniel's parents describe his personality to others?
5. When he feels very stressed, what does Daniel do?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)