Short Answer Key
Chapter One, Blue Nines and Red Words
1. How does the narrator know that he was born on a Wednesday?
The date is blue in his mind and Wednesdays are always blue.
2. In what voice is the story told?
3. By what quality can Daniel recognize every prime number up to 9,973?
Their "pebble-like" quality.
4. What is Daniel's rare condition known as?
5. How does Daniel experience numbers?
As numbers, shapes, and colors.
6. What is synesthesia?
A rare neurological mixing of the senses.
7. What numerical calculation is Daniel's favorite type to do?
8. What 1988 film featured a character having a syndrome similar to Daniel's?
9. What is Asperger's Syndrome?
A mild, high-functioning form of autism.
10. What does Daniel consider his first language to be?
11. Sometimes, when Daniel is falling asleep at night,...
This section contains 2,748 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)