|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, A Very Large Slice of Pi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is epilepsy a cause or a symptom of brain injury?
(a) A symptom.
(b) It is difficult to determine.
(c) A cause.
2. When his behavior was good, how did Daniel's parents reward him?
(a) With pocket money.
(b) With a day at the movies.
(c) With extra time in his bedroom.
(d) With snacks.
3. Where does the name "pi" come from?
(a) The sixteenth letter of the Greek alphabet.
(b) The Museum of the History of Mathematics.
(c) The word for "irrational number" in Russian.
(d) The Greek mathematician, Archimedes.
4. What types of words does Daniel find most difficult?
(c) Abstract words.
5. There were everyday activities children learn that Daniel took much longer than average to do. One of these was:
(b) Telling left from right.
(d) Washing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Daniel always look for in the library when he was younger?
2. How does Daniel view a sequence of numbers in his head?
3. When he walked around, what did Daniel focus on?
4. What was the name of the boy Daniel made friends with in secondary school?
5. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)