|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, A Very Large Slice of Pi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did anyone know if Daniel was reciting pi correctly?
(a) Neil was keeping track from the audience.
(b) There was no way to know.
(c) There were checkers to be sure he was.
(d) The numbers were flashed on a screen behind Daniel.
2. When he feels very stressed, what does Daniel do?
(a) Count the powers of 2.
(b) Breathe into a paper bag.
(c) Yoga breathing.
(d) Count to ten thousand.
3. How is Daniel trained for his volunteer assignment?
(a) Fun activities, foreign language lessons, and films.
(c) Teamwork, lectures, and group discussion.
(d) Film, lectures, and fieldwork.
4. How is it possible to acquire savant skills?
(a) Through illness or injury to the brain.
(b) One can only be born that way.
(c) By concentrating on one side of the brain.
(d) Through a type of hypnosis.
5. What was Daniel's oldest brother named?
Short Answer Questions
1. In secondary school, how did Daniel spend his playground or recess time?
2. When Daniel went alone to Nantes in France for ten days to stay with a French family, how did he cope?
3. The Tammet family moved several times. One of the homes was located:
4. What conversational tactic has Daniel used over the years that does not work well within his relationship with Neil?
5. How do Neil and Daniel try to encourage their cat, Jay, to learn social skills and become more approachable?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)