|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, A Very Large Slice of Pi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school play that Daniel's friend had a leading role in?
(a) West Side Story.
(b) A Christmas Carol.
(c) Sweeney Todd.
(d) Mary Poppins.
2. What did Daniel love the most about school assemblies?
(a) Standing quietly.
(b) Being with everyone else in the school.
(c) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) The singing of hymns.
3. How do Neil and Daniel try to encourage their cat, Jay, to learn social skills and become more approachable?
(a) They buy a kitten.
(b) They get a puppy.
(c) They send Jay to a pet camp.
(d) They hire a trainer.
4. What is one of the reasons Daniel Tammet wrote this memoir?
(a) To warn others of his challenges.
(b) To give him perspective on his life so far.
(c) He knew he would enjoy book signings.
(d) To make a lot of money in royalties.
5. At the age of eleven, Daniel was fascinated by the complexity of history. What did he create that involved history?
(a) A computer program for historians.
(b) His own world of made-up historical figures and facts.
(c) A timeline of historical facts dating from 800 B.C.
(d) A way for people to memorize a large number of historical facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What diet did Daniel prefer as a child?
2. What is Daniel's rare condition known as?
3. What sort of card game does Daniel invent in his room at home?
4. For what school project did Daniel receive a top grade?
5. What is Daniel's main role as a volunteer in Lithuania?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)