|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Struck by Lightning: Epilepsy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Daniel spend a lot of his time in the house on Blithbury Road?
(b) Watching television.
(c) Playing with trains.
(d) In his room, being silent.
2. What does Daniel consider his first language to be?
3. Where did Daniel's father end up living for a year and a half when he was a child?
(a) In a large orphanage.
(b) In Scotland.
(c) In a hostel for the homeless.
(d) With his ill father.
4. What has Daniel's brother, Steven, been diagnosed with?
(a) Asperger's Syndrome.
(b) Clinical Depression.
(c) Severe Autism.
(d) Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
5. How does Daniel "see" words and language?
(a) As multiplication tables.
(b) As numbers.
(c) As other languages.
(d) As colors and textures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Daniel mix with other children his age?
2. A famous Russian writer who had a form of temporal lobe epilepsy was:
3. How is it possible to acquire savant skills?
4. What did Daniel always look for in the library when he was younger?
5. Why did Daniel's parents have to clear the floor in his room at night, leave a hall light, on and put a gate at the top of the stairs?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)