|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Struck by Lightning: Epilepsy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator know that he was born on a Wednesday?
(a) A physician told him.
(b) The date is blue in his mind and Wednesdays are always blue.
(c) His mother reminds him of this.
(d) He looked up the date on a calendar.
2. Many people on the autistic spectrum are very good at processing information in parts instead of holistically. This explains why Daniels is so good at:
3. What is frontotemporal dementia (FTD)?
(a) An allergic reaction to certain flowers.
(b) A degenerative brain disease.
(c) A newly discovered form of epilepsy.
(d) A type of Alzheimer's disease.
4. Who are Daniel's heroes?
(a) The characters in his books.
(b) All of his teachers.
(c) He has no heroes.
(d) His parents.
5. By what quality can Daniel recognize every prime number up to 9,973?
(a) Their interesting color.
(b) Their rounded shapes.
(c) Their "pebble-like" quality.
(d) Their "dagger-like" quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Daniel Tammet wrote this memoir?
2. What was Daniel's favorite book on the nursery book shelf?
3. What has Daniel's brother, Steven, been diagnosed with?
4. When Daniel's mother was growing up, what did she consider herself to be?
5. What diet did Daniel prefer as a child?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)