|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten, A Very Large Slice of Pi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's rare condition known as?
(a) Attention Developmental Disorder.
(b) Severe Autism.
(c) Savant Syndrome.
(d) Pervasive Delayed Disorder.
2. Why did the Tammet family need to bargain hunt in charity shops and do their own home repairs?
(a) Both parents decided to stay home and raise the family.
(b) Salaries had been sharply cut at the time.
(c) Daniel's father had gotten fired.
(d) They were all lazy and did not want to work.
3. What is one method Daniel's parents teach him to use to cope with his emotions?
(a) Counting to ten.
(b) Deep breathing.
(c) Skipping rope.
(d) Doing yoga.
4. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
(a) They have a mathematical element.
(b) The tense does not change.
(c) They are easiest for him to visualize.
(d) They are the easiest words to learn.
5. What is the name of the school play that Daniel's friend had a leading role in?
(a) Sweeney Todd.
(b) West Side Story.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) Mary Poppins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What health issue did Daniel's grandfather have?
2. What is Daniel's condition concerning epilepsy now?
3. How is Daniel trained for his volunteer assignment?
4. When Daniel's mother was growing up, what did she consider herself to be?
5. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)